HappyColour Soulcalibur Custom Costume Reskins

How likely would one who has not played SC be to think my designs are base game character costumes?

• Total voters
Such a site did exist once upon a time, maybe you were aware of it, maybe not, it was called BaneWolfSC3, and later renamed Another Stage of History. I was a member, and it was a nice little nested community and a cool way to show off CaS, so it's definitely a winning formula, if you can get enough people posting content and staying active on it. The only concern I'd have is whether or not it would detract from the level of content posted on 8WAYRUN, or it would cause extra work to be posting your work in several places, if you were so inclined. I wasn't aware of 8WAYRUN back then, or I'd probably have been here instead, because 8WAYRUN seems like a more dedicated following than just a CaS site because there's other things involved. But if you did start it, I'd definitely check it out and post my stuff there, to help get it going to see if it was sustainable. I'm replying this way because I don't Twitter.

Such a site did exist once upon a time, maybe you were aware of it, maybe not, it was called BaneWolfSC3, and later renamed Another Stage of History. I was a member, and it was a nice little nested community and a cool way to show off CaS, so it's definitely a winning formula, if you can get enough people posting content and staying active on it. The only concern I'd have is whether or not it would detract from the level of content posted on 8WAYRUN, or it would cause extra work to be posting your work in several places, if you were so inclined. I wasn't aware of 8WAYRUN back then, or I'd probably have been here instead, because 8WAYRUN seems like a more dedicated following than just a CaS site because there's other things involved. But if you did start it, I'd definitely check it out and post my stuff there, to help get it going to see if it was sustainable. I'm replying this way because I don't Twitter.
Thanks Dante. I was thinking more a 1 off portfolio submission rather than something people would frequently update.

For example, you would submit your top 10 entries and they would be assigned to an individual page for you that would have information regarding where you regularly post (I.E. 8wayrun).

It will really just be a 'fancy' showcase of each creators best stuff in their eyes individually, and in totality it will represent the best CAS the SC community has to offer in a pretty and digestible format.

Your thoughts?

Oh! I see, yes, that is a bit different, then. It could work, if that was your intention. Again, I feel like the biggest metric is going to be whether or not folks actually use it. Like FluffyQuack's creation backup utility / sharing site, it's a cool concept / idea, but it has to be used in order to have value. It has my support, but we'll need a broader answer to know whether it would be viable or not, that's how I feel.

I would certainly participate, HC--especially if it had the right tools to curate your portfolio in a user friendly fashion. Personally, with the right functionality, I'd probably be more keen to archive my own work more exhaustively in a format like that than a forum (though in all likelihood I would continue to add anything of significant quality here as well, regardless (just because I enjoy the community here)--but this place is a little basic when it comes to organization and presentation--unsurprisingly, given it is not designed for such a role.

I would certainly participate, HC--especially if it had the right tools to curate your portfolio in a user friendly fashion. Personally, with the right functionality, I'd probably be more keen to archive my own work more exhaustively in a format like that than a forum (though in all likelihood I would continue to add anything of significant quality here as well, regardless (just because I enjoy the community here)--but this place is a little basic when it comes to organization and presentation--unsurprisingly, given it is not designed for such a role.

Awesome! Working on it now, but just to reiterate, it wouldn't be something that would replace this forum, instead it would be a showcase of each creators 10 best creations (as determined by them) that would provide a link to where you could find more stuff from them.

Should be pretty cool though, I'll post here once I get it more developed! 👍

Awesome! Working on it now, but just to reiterate, it wouldn't be something that would replace this forum, instead it would be a showcase of each creators 10 best creations (as determined by them) that would provide a link to where you could find more stuff from them.

Should be pretty cool though, I'll post here once I get it more developed! 👍
Obviously it's your show and you must make develop it to your vision, but I would nevertheless argue for not necesarily limiting the portfolio to ten items: for some artists that might not even begin to give a decent accounting of the breadth and depth of their portfolio.

Obviously it's your show and you must make develop it to your vision, but I would nevertheless argue for not necesarily limiting the portfolio to ten items: for some artists that might not even begin to give a decent accounting of the breadth and depth of their portfolio.

I thought 10 would be a decent number because every serious creator should have at least that many that they are very proud of. Further limiting the number for storage and bandwidth reasons is a concern as well.

What number would you recommend?

Just wanted to share some recent Ansel photos I took of my Winter Outing Hilde. I recently started fiddling around with some new techniques. You have all seen this Hilde costume before I am sure, but I really thought this filter had a cool effect specifically with Hilde's Regalia charges. Its like her Regalia is tearing into an alternate dimension. Just wanted to share!
Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.09.17 - 00.49.18.40.jpg

Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.09.17 - 00.45.41.56.jpg
Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.09.17 - 01.07.24.15.jpg

PS - If you haven't signed up for a portfolio on SOULCALIBURCREATIONS.com yet what are you waiting for??!!?

Last edited:
I realized I did not share these here yet, alas I misplaced my photos, so find links to my tweets in which I shared them below! I still think the Charger Paladin Hilde is some of my best work, that chest piece required mad precision and looks amazinggggggggg.

Ceremonial Executioner Hilde

Barbarian Queen Hilde (Revisited)

Charger Paladin Hilde (Revisited)

Went back and modified my Mermaid Hilde now that we can control breakage. Saved a few stickers and used them elsewhere to create a more messy look across some armour components, as well modified the fish in her groin based on Vilarcane's application on the same creation. Looks much better when it sits lower, and surprisingly doesn't clip any worse in combat (which is what I had initially anticipated).

Thereafter took some more shots in Ansel using the PPFX_Godrays filter. Goddddddddddddd thissssssssss filterrrrrrrrr issssssssssss sooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooddddddddddddlllllllyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Check out the shots and let me know what you think!

I recently created a new Hilde that I would love to share with you all.

Triumpant Valkyrie Hilde.

I did use subtle mod use to create it however, to add both a white eye, subtle pale skin, and shine effect on components of the costume so alas I cannot share the picture here directly as per the mod rules of this forum.

That being said you can check it out on my twitter profile here.

Note: I still think this no mods rules is veryyyyy silly. CAS is not competitive therefore there is no need for ensuring an equal creation playing field across creators! Plus, modding doesn't fundamentally give you a skill advantage, all it does is open up a new pallette! A creators skill level is not impacted by mods, only the breadth of content they can achieve.

Last edited:
I have created another Hilde with minor mod manipulation.

I started focusing on a victorian style Hilde design and once it was near completion another creator gave me the tip to lighten up her hair. As you'll notice in most my creations I like to keep Hilde's hair to its natural colour, so I decided to use her P3 hair and eye colour as inspiration.

Modding was used on the costume to change her eye colour to match her P3 version only. Everything else was done in the standard character creator.

Due to us not being allowed to share modded costumes on this forum, click here to view the photos of the design on my twitter.

Last edited:
Back