俺はソジョロだ!みんなよこそ!

Sojoro

[09] Warrior
Greetings everyone! I am Sojoro!

(scroll through wall of text for shorter version)

I started off as a young child with the Street Fighter Alpha series. Of course when your kid, you just mash buttons. I'm sure everyone has had a fair share of doing that in their childhood for their first fighting game.

When I first saw Soul Calibur 2, I knew I had to get that game. I mean who doesn't like swords, well maybe some of you don't play it for the swords. I generally like the series because of its weapon-based combat system.

So, subsequently, I found myself picking up every single iteration of the Soul Calibur 2. It was a fun ride indeed! I first played (mashed) Link on Gamecube version, a bit of Talim, and bit of Yoshimitsu. Then switched off into Siegfried (mashed some more, but learned a little bit about his moves) as I played with some high school friends. Later on, I switched back and forth in b/w Sieg and Nightmare in Soul IV while still playing my same friends. I despised Amy, don't hate me for that.

Back then, I wasn't at all interested in fighting game as much. Played what I played, the hype was there definitely, I just really liked fighting other people, but didn't care much. After all, Soul IV just got repetitive and I just moved on to other fighters within time. I still didn't know much of the FGC during the time, but decided to expand out more in these years.

So after 4 years, when I heard about Soul V, I had doubts, but it looked good and played it. I've got to say, I'm very much in love with the game again. I knew of 8WR a while back, checked a few things for the characters that I've played, mainly move properties. Now, I've decided, hey why not take it a step further. Get into the FGC and play some people. Get more experience, learn more about your character and other characters. Well, here I am.

Currently, trying to use Yoshimitsu, I've taken a liking to him from Tekken. I'm also from SoCal, and I've been to a couple of the Sunday Super Arcade Soul Calibur tournaments.

tl;dr

Not really new to Soul Calibur nor a good player, still learning. Played Soul 2 and every subsequent release. Playing Soul 5 now. Used to play Sieg and Nightmare. Now trying to learn the bizarreness that is Yoshi. Joined because I want to play people and learn. And no, I'm not gonna say some weeaboo thing like "Please take care of me"; but your input would be nice ;)

Yo, we're alike me and you, you know, the whole "Not new to SC but not good either", I also main Yoshi, well attempt to...

Anyways, welcome, I'm new too, so this is my first time welcoming someone lol
Do you play online? If so are you on The Dark Side or The Lulz Side? :P (Which platform)

Yo, we're alike me and you, you know, the whole "Not new to SC but not good either", I also main Yoshi, well attempt to...

Anyways, welcome, I'm new too, so this is my first time welcoming someone lol
Do you play online? If so are you on The Dark Side or The Lulz Side? :P (Which platform)

Dark side (PS3), my PSN is Sojoro. I do have a GT, but I don't own an xbox 360 anymore. Feel free to add me. Although, I'll only be on most nights during weekends. Weekdays, I focus more on my classes.

Back