Have you read any good books lately?

DC97

[10] Knight
I'm on 8wr and notice that im also reading Star Wars the Force Unleashed, this website is distracting me so much that i feel the need of asking if anyone here has read any good books that they recommend to their fellow users. And if you'd like, go ahead and post what kind of genre you like. Well i pretty much like anything with action, a good story, comedy, and the occasional bending of reality.

Books i recommend to people who like action and mystery:
Raven's Gate
Evil Star
Nightrise
Vendetta (sequel to The Fetch)

The Sir Apropos of Nothing series is hilarious, and written by a guy who does Star Trek books. Also have to mention the Discworld series, laugh my ass off every time I read any of them.

ugg no good books lately...just started bend sinister...it seems promising.

one baad one though. my roommate's mom came over with that suckfest pile that the guitar player from korn wrote. she said we 'needed to read it'. lol. that book was terrible. it was called 'save me from myself'. it only takes an afternoon to read, but will not be an afternoon well spent. 200 pages of 9th grade level writing about meth, jesus, and korn; the holy trinity of things i don't want to read about. yet, i was held prisoner for the whole thing. don't be such a fool as i was.

haha... this thread has herpes.

Anyone else a big fan of R.A. Salvatore? Say what you will about his idealism, there's a lot of meat to his stories if you stick around for all of them.

The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene.

I only borrowed it for a short time, but it is a combination of history and self help. Only the self help is awesome help that gives ideas for control and power. I still need to buy it and finish it, but I liked what I read.

I'm towards the end of The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics. Interesting read

Yes, I'm a nerd.

I'm working on Wicked (Gregory Maguire) and Anathem (Neal Stephenon, wahoo!) right now, though I get kind of swamped with reading for class so... it's going real slow.

'A Cricket in Times Square'- a riveting tour de force with many sociological and anti-marxist overtones!

A must read for all intellectuals!

cha cha

Back