Hello... i've been lurking around the community for years ;D

DYY

[09] Warrior
Hello, i'm DYY ^__^;;... i've been lurking around the community for years as a guest. I have been browsing the forums back when this community had soulcalibur.com domain and I followed the community to caliburforums... and now here... hehehe.

I have been a long time fan of the series. Played from Soul Edge all the way to Soul Calibur IV. Soul Calibur I is what got me into the series, I loved the dreamcast game to death and I would spend hours playing that game.

I've mained Cervantes since SC1, and yes I do lurk around the SC4 Cervantes sub-forum alot. Although I will confess, I use Shura more in sc4 simply to abuse her longer range ;D.

Well, if anyone wants to have friendly matches on psn, here is my psn screen name

psn: DeeYoYo

if you send me a friend request, let me know you want to play sc4 in the message or I may delete ;D

That's great to hear about how you became a Soul Calibur fan. Pocky Yoshi says hello. Pleased to meet you. Hopefully, my buddies will give you a warm welcome like I'm doing right now.

Hey DYY, welcome to the community. Thanks for joining. I guess since you've been around for so long I don't need to give you a tour lol. Anyways, were you aware of the online forums we have here as well? If not, you should definately check it out. Online Mode PSN/XBL, and there's a thread there where you can post your gamertag and look up others within the community for GGs.

You can also add your gamertag under where you see your avatar and screen name. You can do this by going to the top of the page, acessing the pulldown menu by clicking on your name. Click on "Contact Details", then put a check mark by the Playstation box, and it will come up with a text field where you can type in your PSN ID. Then click save and you're all set. I play on PSN sometimes so I may see you around! Feel free to join my room if you see me hosting.

Where are you from? Do you play offline at all? Have you competed or are you interested in competing in tournaments?

if you send me a friend request, let me know you want to play sc4 in the message or I may delete ;D

Heya man, nice to see a long time fan and nice to see ya join the boards. Gives people a chance to get to know you. I'm shocked when I see how many guests we've got sneaking about lol. I may send you a psn request. I expect to be stomped thoroughly lol. (Adjusting to a ps3 controller from a 360 one on a game you're sued to is honestly harder than I thought it would be and I'm rusty as hell. The buttons had different push pressures, for one thing )

Heya man, nice to see a long time fan and nice to see ya join the boards. Gives people a chance to get to know you. I'm shocked when I see how many guests we've got sneaking about lol. I may send you a psn request. I expect to be stomped thoroughly lol. (Adjusting to a ps3 controller from a 360 one on a game you're sued to is honestly harder than I thought it would be and I'm rusty as hell. The buttons had different push pressures, for one thing )

I had a similar adjustment period also from playing all the soul calibur games

Soul Blade - lol... i button mashed this as a kid, did not know what I was doing on the playstation controller

Soul Calibur 1- Dreamcast controller... I was button mashing when I first played this game, so obviously I didn't know the controls as well. When I played sc1 after playing sc4, I had to do button remaps.

Soul Calibur II- I owned this game for the gamecube, so I had to learn how to play on the gamecube controller. Honestly I think this is the best controller for soul calibur button layout wise... I prefer the playstation D pad more however. You can press nearly all the button combination A+B, B+K, A+K, and A+G on the gamecube controller with just your thumb(inputs end up being A+Y, Y+X, A+K, A+B on gamecube controller) the only thing combination that was somewhat hard was B+G, but I always used the B button and Right trigger button on the gamecube pad.

Soul Calibur III - the transition from gamecube controller to playstation 2 controller took me a while to understand. You can't really press A+K or A+B with your thumb. I had to do a little remapping, R1 is my A button and R2 is my G button. That setup makes a huge difference to me as I can press A+B with Triangle + R1... which is just my index finger and thumb. Same goes for A+K, R1+ Circle... again index finger and thumb. haha and the extra G on my r2 button is so I have access to B+G throws, I do R2+triangle which is again my index finger and thumb. I dislike binding A+B, B+K, A+K as a single button... simply because I want access to slide inputs such as aB, aK, bA, bK, kA, kB. Having single binds, I find limits slide input options for me .

Soul Calibur IV- haha ps3 pad mostly same as ps2 pad, so not much adjustment ;D.

Closet thing i've had to xbox pad was playing sc2 at a friend's house on his xbox. I remember hating the D pad =(.

Really looking forward to sc5, just waiting for my favorite pirate to get confirmed ;D. I also think I will try picking up ivy in sc5, she was my secondary back in Soul Calibur 1 and 2. I never adjusted to her movelist changes in sc3 and sc4 =(. sc5 ivy looks like she plays a bit closer to sc1 and sc2 ivy, and daishi did confirm she plays closer to those incarnations so... ;D.

@Enkindu, I've never competed in a offline tournament. I would like to someday...;D I would probably get a nice beating on my ass. I'm from Boston, Mass.

ohh, i've bumped into you on psn before. Yes... I do see you post those constant live stream links on 8wayrun.com when i was a guest. I even got matched up into one of your rooms before. Every now and then i'll see a 8wayrunner on psn... always gives me goosebumps since I check tourney results too. I think you won a tourney recently with voldo... right? XP

o.o yes i lurk quite a bit O_O

Hello DYY,

Welcome to 8wayrun! It always gladdens me to welcome new site members who have been playing calibur since its inception. I am currently one of the New Player Forum moderator, and as such am here to find anything you could need help with!

I myself started with SC2. I played SC2 and 3 casually and started competitively with SC4. SC4 being my favorite.
I highly recommend looking for offline play if your interested in eventually going to tournaments.
Check out the New England Regional Matchmaking Forum for other people in your area. Mass has very very good players, most of whom would love to get some games in with you.

If you have any questions, or need help finding specific information please ask, we are all here to welcome you and help out.

Enjoy!

I highly recommend looking for offline play if your interested in eventually going to tournaments.
Check out the New England Regional Matchmaking Forum for other people in your area. Mass has very very good players, most of whom would love to get some games in with you.

Bolded for emphasis. I laughed, we suck haha :)
DYY I already spoke to you via PM about sessions sometime; but here is a formal welcome!

Hey DYY welcome to 8WR!.. er, welcome to 8WR as a registered user! lol

This community is gonna explode BEFORE SC5 even gets here! This is a fantastic development in the fighting game community. It seems as though every Fighting game has a legitimate scene! Although, I know SC had a following before SC5.. But it's gonna be a HUGE following when SC5 hits! ^_^

Back