Herr-Kriegs CAS-Collection

Herr-Krieg

[11] Champion
Greetings, my fellow Soul Calibur fans, friends and CA artists. This is Herr-Krieg writing :).

So, here it is then, one of the main reasons that made me to join the 8wayrun. Throughout my interest towards Soul Calibur franchise it has always been the character creation that has intrigued me the most. With the introduction of Soul Calibur 6 I finaly decided that I should share some of my creations with you folks and see what you folks think about my designs. With this thread I hope to officially, kind of really enter the 8wayrun, meet fellow artists, have constructive and nice converstations and share my passion for the CAS. Hopefully this will also act as my humble entry to the circle of you fellow CA artists.

This being the thread where I publish my desings, I will upload and update more desingns when I have time and new creations I see fit to upload in the future.

So, without futher due, here are some my created souls for the tale of souls and swords, eternally told.

First up, my very first creation in Soul Calibur 6, Eva Wolfburg.

Next up, same soul, Eva Wolfburg, but with a different costume and design ( to which I´m kinda fond to at the moment )

Up next, a creation named Alexandra, in which design I mostly took inspiration from Eva ( spot the inspiration XD? )

Next, my ninja creation ( because CAS artist just must have one in their collection ), Kirita

And for the last creation for this uploading of my collection, following up the footsteps of Alexandra and Eva, Zakhira.

That´s it for todays upload. I most sincerely hope that you enjoy watching these souls, don´t be affraid to comment, express your opinion or starting a chat, I´m always eager to have a constructive conversation. Likes and positive comments are always most welcome. Stay also tuned for new creations that I upload,

For now, good day and let the tale of souls and swords be eternally told ;).

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190130044754.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190130044754.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 263
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190130044754.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190130044754.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 256
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043427.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043427.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 242
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043427.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043427.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 255
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043735.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043735.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 288
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043746.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126043746.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 246
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126044121.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190126044121.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 322
It kinda just looks like the same character in different outfits...
Well, I do admit I have this kind of a tendency to favor same faces and bodybuilds XD. I just like them that much and they look so good XD.

Hi,
thanks for posting, some or those are scary :)
I don't have any pb with the bodybuild, but a general comment would be to not overcrowd the CAS with patterns and stickers that make it hard to read. Also, try to find a theme for your CAS, like idk, fat crazy nazi military b...ch domnatrix and go for it using all kinds of Eq and ExEq that would support your original idea. As such, this first batch seems a bit what a random generator could have produced (or Project Soul's AI CAS in soul chronicles)
No offense meant, just trying to guide you in the right direction.
PS : if you are german, and that came out wrong (my CAS idea), i can delete my post :)

Hi,
thanks for posting, some or those are scary :)
I don't have any pb with the bodybuild, but a general comment would be to not overcrowd the CAS with patterns and stickers that make it hard to read. Also, try to find a theme for your CAS, like idk, fat crazy nazi military b...ch domnatrix and go for it using all kinds of Eq and ExEq that would support your original idea. As such, this first batch seems a bit what a random generator could have produced (or Project Soul's AI CAS in soul chronicles)
No offense meant, just trying to guide you in the right direction.
PS : if you are german, and that came out wrong (my CAS idea), i can delete my post :)

First off, I´m most honoured to get a comment from such a legend like you, me being just a beginner here.

Thanks so much for such a constructive critisism and nice comment at the beginning of your writing :). So, too much patterns eh? Well perhaps one the reasons as to why I use them so intensely is my past with the Soul Calibur 4. With just the pure colours to play with having no such things like patterns or stickers kinda made me grave for something more varying options. Especially after I had used and tried almost every colour themes and ideas in SC4. Sure we got stickers and patterns in SC5 as well, but there was just too few, how would I say it, chances of actually admiring and seeing our creations in action ( pretty much just the arcade and challenges, not to mention with PS3 Graphics vs. PS4 XD ). So when I finaly got my hands on SC6, using them actively and in such overcrowding way like you said kinda became a bread and a butter for me. See what I mean XD?

But with your constructive comment and my experience with playing with more simple colouring and themeing, I can get that fixed and remember it also in my future creations in no time :). To go for more simple approach with colours.

Yes, as I was creating these CAS, I kinda tried to have some kind of a main body of an ideas as to what they would look like, For excample, my very first creation, Eva Wolfburg (the one with more revealing attire) . For colouring I went with the colour theme I have always favored: the proper balance of black and white . Looks kinda cool, brings up the outlines of the character and is easy to work with. As for the clothing, I used my previous experience of liking strong built, confident and armoured women ( I should post those creations as well some day XD ) as kind of a base. And with the possibiliy to actually use Ivys costume ( for the first time in SC character creation I think and she is one of my favorite characters in the game ) it was kind of a done deal XD. For the style I chose the style that was kinda the only character style that I mastered quite well in SC5, the Nightmare so that I could use her decently in fighting as well .

With her B2 style costume: same colour theme idea and kind of a theme I would summerize on leaning a little bit on Final Fantasy kind of approach: modern weaponry, some gear and fighting style combined with eastern and european gear all balancing with one another to create this whole. Plus I´m very impressed with 2B fighting style and possibilities so she is also very convenient to use in battle as well :).

Nazi military b***ch dominatrix? Now that´s an idea I could try out just for the heck of it XD. Now, sorry for maybe sounding stupid or ignorant, but what do you mean with terms Eq and ExEq XD?

Heh, the random generator part does sound kind of bad XD, but no offense taken, I see your main point :).

I do apologize if this all may sound like a long rant, but I just want to be thorough and kind of explaining my ideas and thoughts behing the creations. And just to be thorough all in all..

Ps. No, I´m not german so there is absolutely no problem with your CAS idea and no need to delete your post. In fact, I´m from Finland ;).

I see your point. Now i am impatient to see your NMBD. No need to apologize, i'd rather have a lengthy response like yours which shows you care about CAS.
I agree 2B style is extremely cool, i am gonna use it in the last alien CAS of mine i am working on, stay tuned...
Finland, hey ? I am married to Scandinavia, and speak danish rather fluently, det kan du tro :)
As an example of what you should aim for (modesty aside), i have uploaded my Nefertiti for all to grab, but maybe it'll only be for xbox owners, i don't know how the servers operate, but i'd say they are console restricted...
Nakemiin !

Thank you for understanding :). So, NMBD with SC6 character creation? Challenge accepted XD! I´m most happy and reliefed that you get the idea as to why I wrote so long answer and how I care about CAS. It also makes it more easier for me to kind of, how would I put this, make that leap of faith to a new group ( about getting along and my work being accepted etc. ). Especially when it comes from someone as experienced as you.

Yeah, 2B is just so magnificent. Lots of acrobatic moves, different weapon options for different ranges, sense of techologicaly advanced weapons ( but not WAY too overblowing, Star Wars in SC4 was kind of out of place XD ) and not entirely difficult to learn how to use efficiently. As to your alien CAS, I´m most eager to see how it turns out :).

Heh, nice to meet someone associated with Scandinavia, det är så jättebra :)! Och jag tror det XD.

Actually, I think I have already seen your Nefertiti already. Most impressive work indeed. I really should go back to my roots a little bit and keep it modest. I have been thinking about it and perhaps one of the reasons as to why I have been using a little bit too much of patterns and stickers is that I feared that using just simple colours would indicate and give message to fellow artists about lazyness and not putting enough time to creation. So I´m happy that you reminded me about how modest and regular colours also work well :). I will most certainly remember these advices when I start working on the NMBD. I´m also happy that you are impatient to see it, just gives more inspiration and boost to my creating :).

Kiitos ;)!

Thank you for understanding :). So, NMBD with SC6 character creation? Challenge accepted XD! I´m most happy and reliefed that you get the idea as to why I wrote so long answer and how I care about CAS. It also makes it more easier for me to kind of, how would I put this, make that leap of faith to a new group ( about getting along and my work being accepted etc. ). Especially when it comes from someone as experienced as you.

Thanks for the compliment, it's never easy to join a community like this one, right now it's quiet, a bit too quiet maybe, but understandable since PS is too slow on delivering the "coming soon" new CAS parts.

Yeah, 2B is just so magnificent. Lots of acrobatic moves, different weapon options for different ranges, sense of techologicaly advanced weapons ( but not WAY too overblowing, Star Wars in SC4 was kind of out of place XD ) and not entirely difficult to learn how to use efficiently. As to your alien CAS, I´m most eager to see how it turns out :).
I personally loved Star Wars in SC4, man Yoda and Darth Vader oozed charisma, i actually still have the game and the console to play it on...2B style is perfect for cyborgs, or my take on T800 Terminators using the shapeshifter race.

Heh, nice to meet someone associated with Scandinavia, det är så jättebra :)! Och jag tror det XD.
mange tak !

Actually, I think I have already seen your Nefertiti already. Most impressive work indeed. I really should go back to my roots a little bit and keep it modest. I have been thinking about it and perhaps one of the reasons as to why I have been using a little bit too much of patterns and stickers is that I feared that using just simple colours would indicate and give message to fellow artists about lazyness and not putting enough time to creation. So I´m happy that you reminded me about how modest and regular colours also work well :). I will most certainly remember these advices when I start working on the NMBD. I´m also happy that you are impatient to see it, just gives more inspiration and boost to my creating :).

Talking about Nefertiti, as i said in my thread, it took me several hours to get her right, time really flies when i work on a CAS, that's frightening sometimes, but when you realize you have achieved something special or see your kids face when they play with him/her/it, it's priceless...for Nef, i wanted everydetail on her to scream egyptian, and i used many tricks to make the face look like a human face painted in gold, not a lifeless one like the race preset.
The NMBD needs to be fat, ugly face, some pink cheeks, you can probably use the military hat and uniform if you have them, and chose totally stupid and ominous weaponry, the cross etc. i am sure she'll be ugly and scary if you take the time...

Kiitos ;)!
After some greek, now i learn some finnish, great :)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment, it's never easy to join a community like this one, right now it's quiet, a bit too quiet maybe, but understandable since PS is too slow on delivering the "coming soon" new CAS parts.

I personally loved Star Wars in SC4, man Yoda and Darth Vader oozed charisma, i actually still have the game and the console to play it on...2B style is perfect for cyborgs, or my take on T800 Terminators using the shapeshifter race.

mange tak !

Talking about Nefertiti, as i said in my thread, it took me several hours to get her right, time really flies when i work on a CAS, that's frightening sometimes, but when you realize you have achieved something special or see your kids face when they play with him/her/it, it's priceless...for Nef, i wanted everydetail on her to scream egyptian, and i used many tricks to make the face look like a human face painted in gold, not a lifeless one like the race preset.
The NMBD needs to be fat, ugly face, some pink cheeks, you can probably use the military hat and uniform if you have them, and chose totally stupid and ominous weaponry, the cross etc. i am sure she'll be ugly and scary if you take the time...

Kiitos ;)!
After some greek, now i learn some finnish, great :)
[/QUOTE]

Well, one could say then that I kind of joined on right time, being so quiet and all. Then again, I also hope that it gets more active, both for the sake of meeting new people and overall activity and that more people would see my creations and comment on them :).

Oh I´m just dying waiting for the next DLC to come. While the character creation on SC6 is marvelous, it doesn´t however have as many equipment and clothing options compared to SC5, including some of my favorite costume pieces from SC4 and SC5. One of my hopes considering the upgrading of the game is that they would add those missing equipment options to SC6 character creation as well.

Well, what I actually met with Star Wars not fitting to SC4 was about the look of adding space technology ( Star Wars maps and advanced lightsabers ) to the environment of the 16th centrury mediaval era XD. As a pure addition getting a chance to play the most infamous asthmatic breather of the movie history with SC battle system is just the epitomy of charisma XD. If only, IF ONLY it would have been possible to use his style in character creation XD...

Hmm, cyborgs with B2 style...another great addition to ideas as to what to come up with in character creation :) (with my own style and taste of course, no even intent to copy you or anything XD).

Vår så god ;)!

Oh yes, I too have had those moments several times in character creation. One just plans to use about an hour to character creation and making up something and before you know it, you have spent three hours getting that one character look precisely what you envisioned. And how that work rewards you afterwards with the ways you described and to get to have a character most convinient to use in fighting as well.....the feeling truly is most priceless and awesome :D.

The NMBD on the other hand, while I´m most certain that I can make her ugly and fat the way you shot ideas out, I kinda envisioned her to be leaning for the way of how the nazis kinda envisioned the ideal aryan human to be: tall, blue eyes, yellow hair, pale skin, strong, etc. But hell, I can always make two of her: one with my vision and one being fat and ugly, because why not XD.

I have plans to soon upload my creations from SC5 as well, as I yesterday learned how to screenshot them in PS3. I´m however rather annoyed that same kind of function cannot be applied to SC4, as the game doesn´t support such screenshotting. So the question bugging me now is how to take the screenshots in SC4 that doesn´t have the possibility of such?

It's a good idea to make her sexy and strong, follow your vision, it will make a better CAS because it's yours...
I had SC4 and 5 on xbox360 so no luck there, i simply couldn't take any screenshot at all, had to resort to good ole SD camera :)

Thanks for the compliment :). I will member to mention you as the one who suggested the idea ;). Sure, memembering others advice is good, but in the end it´s ones own vision that gives boost and passion for the creation to make it great both to create and see how it turns out. And well, sexy, strong and the idea like that behind it, why not XD?

Taking screenshots with SD camera? Doesn´t that make the image a little inaccurate and blurry?

Btw, as just a little side question, where do you live? You did mention Scandinavia and all that and I´d like to kind of have a little bit of a hunch when you answer back.

I meant Standard Digital camera but in 2011 with 360 and tvs at the time, it gave average quality pics :) Best thing to get you to see what i mean by that is to look up my youtube channel and check the 350 CAS compil vid i made back then...I am french, hobby artist (drawing) work in IT and live in France...

Oh, I see. I could try it myself. After all, my very original creations, which kinda worked as the backbone of my chacater creating and interest to the endless possibilities of character creation in general.

In France eh? I have actually travelled France once, to Strasbourg to be more specific. Most wonderfull city with way too many things to see during just two days :). Notre Dame was truly a sight to behold.

Oh, I see. I could try it myself. After all, my very original creations, which kinda worked as the backbone of my chacater creating and interest to the endless possibilities of character creation in general.

In France eh? I have actually travelled France once, to Strasbourg to be more specific. Most wonderfull city with way too many things to see during just two days :). Notre Dame was truly a sight to behold.
Strasbourg is where i studied and met a special girl from DK lol :)

Greetings, my fellow CAS artists, friends and Soul Calibur fans. This is Herr-Krieg writing.

Here it is, my second update to my CAS-Collection at last. I have been busy for couple of days having other activities which have required my immediate attention. But finaly, yesterday I managed to give more attetion and time to SC6, particulary the character creation, which took most of my playtime back then, but considering what I managed to do back then, it was all worth it (or so I hope XD).

After some most constructive feedback and conversation, especially from my good friend Vilarcane, I sought to try a little bit different things and do some recolourizing with some of the characters I have already posted as I took a new look at them and realized just how I had way overcrowded my creations with stickers and especially patterns. So, if Vilarcane watches these recoloured creations, I hope I did at least something better and right XD.

Worry not, I also have couple of new character creations to show you in addition to recolourized creations.

Without further adjå, here are the results of my yestedays creating and desinging. As of course, feedback, comments, opinions and conversations are welcomed with open arms and mind.

First up I would like to show you the recoloured versions of some of my earlier uploads. With Viralcanes advice in my mind I took a second look to my some of my creations, in this case, Eva Wolfburg. and the overcrowding of patterns and stickers was truly most apparent. So I decided to go back a little bit to my origins with SC4s character creating of keeping the colour theme simple and clean ( kinda had no options back then with no such things like stickers or patterns existing XD ) and this is what I came up with.

Same ideas and recolouring in her alternative attire:

Up next my new creations. As I watched replays of online matches about a week back,couple of particular clothing pieces combined in one certain character desing caught my attention and I found it so good looking that I decided to create something similiar using the specific clothing pieces I saw, but with my own touch. The result of work one week back ( and recolourizing yesterday ), two mighty wizards in which colouring I decided to take a little bit more softer approach and not use too bright and powerful colours and of course, no any overcrowding patterns. To go a little bit, should I say, "natural and realistic way" if you see what I mean.

First one, Merlina:

Second one, her rival, Leila:

With the final character of this upload I have to explain a little bit background info and as to how it came down to this. A week ago when Vilarcane posted his comment and opinion about my first uploaded creations, he put out an idea of a creation stemming from my user name, the idea being "fat crazy nazi military b...ch domnatrix". No kidding, one can read this idea from his first comment XD. While I wasn´t any offended about the idea ( I´m a finn so XD ), the idea however sounded so unique and extraordinary that I just had to try to create it with SC6 character creation. Especially since Viralcane wanted to see it too and I also happen to have a great amount of knowlegde considering the nazi uniforms ( me being a history freak, especially WW2 Germany XD ). So, challenge accepted and here is the result of my about three hours worth of working and planning.

Thanks for the original idea goes to Vilarcane. If you see this creation Vilarcane, I hope that you expectations are met and waiting rewarded.

Note: I want to make it straight out clear that I DO NOT support nazism, neo-nazisim, fascisim or any other such racist ideas and ideologies. I merely find that people back then wore the most badass and cool looking uniforms and gear.

Here she is, hailing from the Third Reich, nazi commandant fraulein Hilda Braum.

Trying to get the armbands white circle right was difficult due to the character creations annoying way of not giving the possibility of moving it the left ( in the picture below ) where is should be and in right size and visible as a whole circle. As for the infamous symbol I ended up using a start as trying to get anything too complicated to such a small area didn´t really work nor look decent, not to mention that it isn´t as offensive and I hope that people get the main idea behind it.

For the style, for a strong and sexy nazi dominatrix there really wasn´t any other option than Ivy, as it just fits so well XD.

For her weapon option I went with the Alraune, as its blade with all the stings looks menacing and fits to a dominatrix, subdoing and particulary cruel nazi military commander who wants to cause great pain. Get the idea XD?

For her looks I wanted to go with the look that would have been considered as an ideal indications of "supreme aryan race" back in the Third Reich: Tall, strong, powerful, blond hair, blue eyes and battle hardened individual dedicated to the nazi cause. Sure the original idea was about "fat and ugly", but I wanted to follow my own vision and make her beatiful.

And that is it for this update. Stay tuned for more uploads and creations. I most sincerely hope that you like what you see and as always, comments, opinions, conversations and thoughts are always welcome and highly appreciated.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212084829.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212084829.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 261
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212085728.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212085728.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 228
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093327.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093327.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 385
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093339.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093339.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 392
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093347.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093347.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 381
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093401.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093401.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 358
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093414.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093414.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 364
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093438.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093438.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 378
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093447.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093447.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 345
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093501.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190212093501.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
It's really good, the equipment choice is fitting, the color codes and sticker work replicating the Schutzstaffel Uniform is really well done and fitting (i love how you avoided to do the dreaded nazi symbol and went for something that has the same color code but not using the symbol, excellent). The face preset choice and scars are very good, of course, blond hair, stern yet sexy look, and body proportions (because of, you know, sauerkraut abuse :). Weapon style of course : Nazivy (if you need a name :)
Maybe you could have added a touch of grime here and there (a speck of blood or a bullet hole in the uniform or hat from a sniper, stuff like that).

There is one area where i need to critique though, the use of ExEq (Extra Equipment), and the gun. Seems you used only 1 slot ? Combining the Gun ExEq and some other parts, you (probably, i haven't tried) could figure out how to do something looking like a LUGER, or you could use two ExEq to do a german model 24 Stielhandgranate, something that would give it more nazi flair (refer to my 2Brigadier if you wanna see what i mean with custom guns and grenades, here : https://8wayrun.com/threads/a-tale-of-souls-and-swords-eternally-retold-sc6-edition.20445/page-15)

By far your best creation so far, because of the strong and readable concept, and the hard work in planning and execution behind it
Great job, and thanks for crediting me and using my idea while making it your own ! Onnittelut :)

I am most honoured and thankful to receive such a throrough review and opinion from such more exprerienced member of the site as you. I´m even
more happy and pleased to see how much of the feedback is so positive. Such comments and feedback truly gives new kind of vigor to my morale and determination to keep on going continueing creating more creations. It´s like learning that your work truly was worth it, it means something and that you can do it and have the skill for it. So incredibly lot appreciated :D.

Yeah, from the very moment I heard the idea I knew that I had to utilize my knowledge of the uniforms used and ideal indications considered to be that of "supreme Aryan race" in Nazi Germany ( and it just had to be the infamous black Schutzstaffel uniform just for its reputation and coolness ) and that I had to use the modern military uniform in creation as well as the hat. At first I was a little bit worried as to how I would create the armband, but scrolling through the different options in character creation truly provided me with a nearly spot on, or at least close enough clothing option as to how to create the armband.

For the symbol, it was very clear from the start it had to be, as one would say it, "politically correct" and not the dreaded nazi symbol. From my experience ( reseaching history etc. ) as to how it can still create uneasiness and how loathed and hated it is there was just no way trying to create it to a character which I would be showing off for the hole world and people here to see in a website like this. At first I was worried as to wether I could have made something a little bit better ( like an iron cross or just a cross ) to get the main idea through, but getting such a positive feedback from you considering how it worked out, thats not necessarily needed.

As for your critisism, I find it most constructive and ideas giving. To be honest I´m still a little bit experimenting with the ExEq considering combining them to get new kind of equipments. Now the Luger sounds a little bit tough to do with all the same details and stuff, but still worth of a try, considering how absolutely spot on and appropriate it would be for her. The Stielhandegranate 24 on the other hand: I already know just the exactly the way as to how to make it. So, heh, stay tuned for an improved version :). Btw, the creations on the link you sent were most fabulous: fitted most well with militaristic characters of Groh and 2B ;).

Since the idea came from you, it was only the most natural thing in the world to give you credit for it ;). I just feel so good and proud that I, like you said, managed to make the creation with my own designs, ideas as to how to make it and vision as to how it would turn out. To make it my own with my print on it :).

I´m also most pleased to inform that I already have new creation ideas and concepts for the future ( besides improving my sauerkraut filled dominatrix XD ), so stay tuned ;).

Suurimmat kiitokseni onnitteluista :D!

Sidenote: any thoughts or opinions considering my improvements on the older uploaded creation considering colouring and lessening the use of patterns? Or opinions about the two other new characters?

Last edited:
Thx for this very in-depth response, i am always very happy to be of some help to people with a passion for CAS as strong as mine, and the compliments are much appreciated.

I have always tried to share techniques, tips and feedback beyond "awesome" etc.
I have done so many CAS over the years that, posted so many comments that i decided to only comment on things that really bring something new to the table, or have some kind of wow-factor.

So i will be awaiting for your updated SS girl, so that it gets elevated from great to awesome, and i won't comment on the others, but the tip i will give you is to follow the same steps as with her, start with a strong, clear, readable concept and build your CAS around it.

Forget generic CAS, there has been thousands of them : wait for the upcoming DLC parts if you lack inspiration.
If you are into history, make historic CAS your forte, there are so many possibilities from all eras, even with the costumes at hand and the ExEq, and experiment.
Try different body builds, races, whatever, always present your CAS with a nice twist, i tend to add many details, but none of them is gratuitious, it just adds to the wow factor :)
Historic CAS you could try : make a bad-ass Winston Churchill ? make a WWII sexy nurse ? ...endless possibilities ystävä, impress me (i am hard to impress when it comes to CAS, but i believe in you judging from the upwards leap in quality from first batch to SS Nazivy :)

Above all, have fun !

I´m also most delighted to meet other people with passion for CAS, especially you who are so experienced and who has made it so much easier for me to really belief that what I do is worth it and get into this site as a fellow CAS creator. To see that someone cares about your work is just so inspiring :). Not to mention the fact you would only comment on things that really bring something new to the table...for someone newbie like me here that means and tells me a lot.

As for our most lovely SS fraulein and for the other ideas I have in mind I have calculated that I have time to continue my creation work tomorrow, as I have other more immediate stuff today. But rest assured, this weekend is going to (hopefully) be most productive indeed ;).

You are most right indeed as to how important it is to have a clear, understandable concept that kind of shines through the CAS one creates. That kind of made me think about my earlier creations. Could I make them more understandable if I would explain my ideas and concepts behind them? For example with Eva Wolfburg I think I already mentioned with her about the idea of approaching her desing with the kind of a Final Fantasy mentality. Could it make her work better, if you see what I mean?

As you have inspired me to try different concepts and that I can really make such concepts work ( as I see that our SS fraulein was overall a success ) trying out other races and bodybuilds is indeed the option that I must test and play with. I have tried some of them out (for example the malfested (mutated)) but not in such a scale and way that I could and the way you described.

With history being one of my strong points, making it my forte in CAS ( or at least one of them ) is definetily one way to make myself known, enjoy utilizing the knowledge I know well and make it hopefully show in my creations. And if I have the chance and guts to impress someone experienced and hard to impress when it comes to CAS like you as a someone who just started here.....only the heaven and space themselves are limits :).

And of course, above all of it, have fun with creation and the series which tale of souls and swords will forever be told.

Note: as much as I love discussing with you and getting praise and constructive feedback, it would kinda be nice if more people would come to the mix as well XD. Just a little side note XD.

And yes, I´m DYING waiting for the new DLC XD.

I have said what i had to say, and will leave you to it (being creative), and realize that when you ask people for comments, it is commonsense you should comment in people's threads first (not talking about mine necessarily, but the others who are also probably suffering from the same feeling (=lack of attention) that as you might feel :)...

Back