He's a Menace, But I Love Him! Lizzy Top 10

Once people get used to playing against it it won't be too amazing, but it's far better than it was in SC3. He has several options out of the stance now.

My top 10, in no order (not mentioning LC moves, and pokes - BB, 3K, 3A, 6B etc):

1[K] - It's slow and punishable, but people have always been getting hit by 1K since the previous SC's. It's his best low and leads into LC.
66A - Great for catching those CH's.
8[B+K]_8B+K - Great wakeup tool. Do the unblockable after you ground them from a throw or something else to really catch the opponent off guard. Especially if they're cornered. The regular version is also a good round opener, and causes a quake stun which puts you in a mid/low mixup position.
4[B+K] - Tech crouches, and goes into crawl, knocks down on counter. It's my favorite way to get into crawl aside from 1[K].
66B - 6 blocked hits of this move are needed to get a CF. If they're flashing red, blocking 1 or 2 of these will get you the CF. Good to throw out if you knock your opponent down and you think that they will try to get up attacking.
44[K] - Good to mix up with 1[K] after you ground your opponent and you want to go into crawl mixups.
2B,K - Good for ringouts. I would have listed 66K but I can only put 10 moves so I'll choose this one over that. It's a natural combo on counter, and if they block the 2B, I like to mix up 2B,K and 2B,A+G to ring out.
11B - unsafe, but his best tech crouch move. Leads into a big combo that leaves him in crawl, and RO's behind him.
1B+K - This is my escape move. If you're cornered at a wall or ring edge, do this move to get the opponent to panic and move out of your way so you can get to the other side. Also cancels into crawl stance.
WS K, K, K - Natural Combo on Counter. If your opponent guards it, stop after the first or second K, and do a throw / mid mixup.

so far, heres what i got.not counting pokes.
66A (solid, fast, has counter hit and good range)
WS K,K,K (i think previous posts explain the greatness of when used as a mixup)
8B+K_8[B+K] (for wake up, stun mixups,lockdown...you get it)
1K_1[K] (unsafe but extremely useful as you all know)
3B (nice, albeit generic launcher)
LC (and moves that go into it)
214 B+G (nice command throw)
4B+K_[B+K] (so great for long range pressure and suprise.adding this to your game will make you that much more aggressive)
66K (can dodge many things, pretty quick, good damage and ringout, also a way to and a combo)
B+K (awesome when used in the right situation...once they fix the stupid glitch =P)

66A
214B+G
LC A
WS K,K,K
3A
8B+K
44AB_44[A]B
1k_1[K]

I love 3A personally, fast horizontal mid poke that does about 30ish damage, not sure if it tracks or not as im still learning things with lizzy

B+K (once they fix the stupid glitch =P)

whats the glitch with that move? i've heard someone say that before but I haven't seen a problem with it yet ... B+K followed by 66B+KAB into combo is all types of deliciousness (even blocked for SG crush)

now 3B:B ... that's a glitched move

The glitch is that it doesn't work against people frequently. Heck, it basically doesn't work at all against Ivy. Go try hitting her with it in practice. Her normal stance somehow makes her not get hit by it. Happens to a lesser extent on other people as well, depending on their position. So basically, B+K is a decent move, except sometimes where it simply fails.

In no particular order
66A: This move is so hard to step, decent damage, ch leaves good oki. Makes the opponent play LM in a 2D fashion, and keeps the opponent in check. With out this move LM would suck.

1K: quick, knocks down, leads in to oki, can go into stance, RO's. But unsafe on block.

6B: Great poke, knocks down on CH, good for midrange.

11B: unsafe, but i have to agree, it's his best TechCrouch move, that leads to heavy damage and oki. Also RO's if positioned right.

44AB: Another great techcrouch move, it TC's while you charge it as well, you can get 33B:B easily for good damage. you can also bait a gi with this move. Decent Soul damage too. Hard to step and not so bad on block.

LC A+K,B: This move is so good in a lot of departments, good damage, juggles, TC's, completely safe on block, and doesn't end in LC, good tracking. I love this move when fishing for a Critical finish, they have to block both parts or eat the damage and even if the LC A+K breaks for a Critical Finish and you do the B you can still get the Critical Finish, too good!

66K: !19 good punisher, KD's, Ro's, TC's Decent damage, ok tracking, bad on block though. Good move overall.

3B: Great Range, good launcher, leads to 33A+B that does 70 pts!, good for mixing up with a throw, BB punishes this move.

BB: Great poke, good speed, good damage.

2A: Quick and such good range.

here goes mine.. i posted one in calibur forums but i'll just do it again here

in no particular order:

7_8_9 K: safe, puts them in crouch..

8 B+K_ [B+K]: just like oof said.. its really great on wake up.. you can play around with the timing of it depending on how the opp. reacts.. let it go really early or hold it all the way for the UB

1A/1A,K: its unsafe on block but it does a ton of damage because its a NC

11A: i dont usually do the K afterwards but the 11A is safe i believe and is a nice low poke

1K_ [K]: unsafe but people still get caught by this, goes into LC

3B: hard to punish, great damage, good range

66A: of course the lizzy staple, snuffs sidestepping. great way to lock down your opp.

44K_ [K]: safe, goes into LC, if it connects into LC you can get a LC A afterwards. can mix it up with 1[K]

11B: TC, sick damage if it connects. only a handful of moves can punish it on block

1B: very fast, it used to be even better before 1.03 with that mini bounce, but i think its still an invaluable poking tool

honorable mention: B+K

this move would be so fuckin good if not for the constant whiffing. if they only fixed the hitbox for this move it would be a lot better. i still like it though for its +frames on block and recoverable stun on hit. im not sure but i believe its one of lizzys only mid hitting moves that give him + frames aside from 4[B+K]. all his other moves that give frames are highs. rotis4 listed the characters that it whiffs on in the B+K thread at caliburforums which i transferred over here, but it seems like it really only whiffs on the female characters.

surprised people arent talking about 4K and 22B more.

though 22B lost a ton of speed, it retained its TC, incredible range, w! capability and now has the ability to combo, is + on block, and does good SG damage.

4K is decent damage, the fastest mid he has and safe. the move frame traps into itself on hit.

both of these are great options to add to your game.

i am so saddened by the many nerfs he received. so many things needlessly changed from the last game.

i find his RO game really lacking in all directions but the front.

no more spacing with WS B.

1K on hit into jump over was golden in SC3. BT throw/BT B+K mixed with BT B (+1 on block, +11 on hit) was solid.

i'd rather have the insane knockdown on 33A+B than the do nothing launch.

ah well he is still fun and my main for the moment. hope to contribute to the community soon

i swear by 4K but don't see it used much by other players either ... 22B i'm trying to incorporate more ... guess it's good for after a GI or after the 8B+K quake stun ... will definitely experiment ...

P.S. 4K, 4K, 4K, 4K, 4K, 4K

i swear by 4K but don't see it used much by other players either ... 22B i'm trying to incorporate more ... guess it's good for after a GI or after the 8B+K quake stun ... will definitely experiment ...

P.S. 4K, 4K, 4K, 4K, 4K, 4K

i agree that 4K is a good move but only up close, at range 1 1/2 it whiffs.

22_88B too linear but good after a post gi.

IMO the best post gi's lizzy has is either 3B due to it's start up it's a bit tricky to re-gi and A+K or 11B if they re-gi too early you get some nasty damage. On a JI you get either 11B, A+K or if you good on reaction time 66B+K,A,B, for free unless of course re JI...

hmmmmmmmmm.. no particular order forgetting dull stuff (aa,bb,2a etc)

1[K]
66A
66B
4[B+K]
44[K]
8[B+K]
B+K
3B
LC A
214 B+G
WR K,K,K

If its ok with everyone im going to go ahead and bump this since almost all soul arena have a top 10 moves thread on their first page, plus I want to learn him and it'll frustrate me if I have to go to the second page every time :). Plus Lizzy forums are dead, we need some action here. Ill post my top ten once I learn him a little better.

btw... how come no one has put 3A as one of their go-to moves??? It is faster and safer than 6B and hits harder at about the same range. It also tracks better. The only negative is that it doesn't knockdown on CH.

In no particular order, keeping out pokes for the most part unless I'm particularly fond of them:

66A Is a great round starter along with LC A and unblockable shenanigans. It's also superb for playing with the soul gauge as you can hold off on a move like A+B or 66A+B for however long it takes you opponent to shake his stuns.

6B is a great poke and a nice punisher at close/mid range. Works well for interrupting and as a frame trap with 3K or 8_9K as well.

4K is an insane close-range interrupter and my iMCF substitute when I'm not playing yoshi. You'd be surprised what you can beat with this when the opponent is trying to get away from Lizardman's pressure.

4[B+K] and its variations are great for keeping the pressure on while giving you a good transition into LC. They do good Soul gauge damage as well so they help in keeping up that two-tier pressure lizzy's so good at.

LC and its mindgames are great. Whether it's that 50/50 mixup with A+K, B or B, or G WR game that keeps the pressure on, it's high-risk high-reward and compliments lizzy's aggressive playstyle well.

66K is another great interrupter, with the added bonuses of having RO potential and being a speedy TC that hits mid to interrupt attacks like Amy's 6B,B,B and Nightmare's GS A. Unsafe on block though, so you have to ahve an idea for what your opponent's going to do or it's risky.

44B is a pet favorite of mine for if you know the opponent's going to be blocking, as it sets up nice frame traps with things like 3B, 6B, 66K, and other fast moves that take advantage of your opponent trying to attack back. also does nice soul gauge damage.

3B is a great launcher with fast startup for a quick, efficient, damaging combo that makes the enemy think twice about going heads up with lizzy in terms of speed. Even if blocked, also does good soul gauge damage like many of his moves.

8B+K/8[B+K] is quite nice for a roundstarter as I said earlier, but is a great tool on wakeup and quake stun is always welcome with a character can control the pacing as well as Lizzy can.

1B+K is my favorite round 2 or 3 starter because it destroys moves with long startup times people like to throw out at the start and if you see your opponent playing defensively or sidestepping, you can cancel it and get out scott-free. Lizzy's got some wicked 8wr moves to get him back in anyway so it's not like you lose a huge amount.

Had to leave out a lot of good moves, but gotta make way for my personal biases

Back