Hilde top ten moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalriel

[08] Mercenary
I saw that other characters are already getting threads like this and figured it can help people wanting to pick up Hilde...

What 10 moves would you say are Hilde's best and why?

I'm still pretty new to Hilde, but here are the moves I've been using most regularly

66K - fastest mid hitting kick. It's 14 frames and on hit you're at an advantage, but at block, you're at -8

22_88B - combo starter, doesn't track, but amazing whiff punishment. Even on block you're at an advantage of 12 frames.

1-3cB - whiff punishment, the third charge launches. guard crush

1-3cA - tracks both ways well, guard crush

WS K - I use this primarily after blocking lows. On hit, it's a +8 frame advantage. Though range is limited, so WS B may sometimes be a better option.

AA - close quarters combat, this is your quickest move, plus it's safe and a NC

6BB - first two hits are NC, nice little poke at range

44K - Mid that hit's grounded. Forces crouch on block I believe.

3A - on counter hit this launches behind you, amazing Ring out opportunity and combo. Of if you hold the A it will give the same property. Auto GI as well.

2A - in close quarters, it's fast and goes under highs. Advantage on hit.

This list will probably change for me, but right now, these make up a good arsenal for me at the moment. I'm still learning .

AA - close quarters combat, this is your quickest move, plus it's safe and a NC
According to the guide, 4A has the same startup frames (13) and is slightly safer. You do sacrifice 4 damage total and some range, but you did say for close quarters =)

A few of my favorites that Aggi didn't mention -

1KK - A good quick low, and the followup makes it safer on block and mixes them up if they expect a second low and crouchblock.

6AKA_B - The low/mid followups can be rather tricky, and with B being 40 with a chance of ringout and A leaving you in range to continue if you can get around the -4 on hit (it seems to have a stun of some type? Not sure how much that helps), I'd say it's a decent enough odds for the guess despite being -16/-15 on block.

A+B/[A+B] - Another mixup between these two options, with the charge leaving you at advantage. The raw version hits those trying to sidestep the charged version they are expecting.

B+K - -11 on block, and it's a tech crouch move. The animation makes people unfamiliar with Hilde think it'll hit low. Very nice for ringouts after C2B if you can get the attack throw.

22_88B - combo starter, doesn't track, but amazing whiff punishment. Even on block you're at an advantage of 12 frames.
Because of the charge combo you can do to follow this up, I have to vouche for this.

Also, one of the favorite moves I've been doing is 1_2_3A+B. Incredibly fast, knocks down, insane priority--I'd definitely say it's up there, maybe in the lower parts of her top 10. What do you guys think of it?

Also, one of the favorite moves I've been doing is 1_2_3A+B. Incredibly fast, knocks down, insane priority--I'd definitely say it's up there, maybe in the lower parts of her top 10. What do you guys think of it?
Don't forget it also is a Tech Crouch. If I remember right though, it's -22 on block, which is frighteningly risky in my opinion =\

66B - Fast tech crouch, safe, good range, leads to small combo, has BE

66A - Long range, tracks, knockdown

22_88AA - Tracks, first hit is mid, NC, opponent BT on hit, really good close to wall

A+B - Great punishment for people that try to evade a lot, mixup between charge or no charge, + on block if charged

22_88B - Best option for evading something then punishing it, + on block

C3A - Knockdown, mid-mid, neutral on block, fast startup, good range

1A - Low that tracks, + on hit

3A - GI against mid horizontals, leads to combo, + on block if charged, tracks

CE - Amazing whiff punishment, punishes a lot of stuff on block

3K - Fast tracking mid, good range

-

List bound to change when I know more frame data on her stuff

2A+B- fast tech crouching attack that knocks down and can ring out, also has tech trap applications.

I would not list her charge attacks as "Good moves" since that kinda implies that they're good to just throw out. Her charge attacks are only useful in a combo. C1A and C2A are Okay to through out but not the best. C1A cause it RO's forward, and C2A cause it leads to combo, and both are safe but C3A and all of her C#B attacks can be punished in some way or another.

I would not list her charge attacks as "Good moves" since that kinda implies that they're good to just throw out. Her charge attacks are only useful in a combo. C1A and C2A are Okay to through out but not the best. C1A cause it RO's forward, and C2A cause it leads to combo, and both are safe but C3A and all of her C#B attacks can be punished in some way or another.
The guide lists C3A as being +1 on block, is that inaccurate?

it is +1 "IF" you get you land both hits.
The interval between the first hit and the second hit is large enough that anyone with an aGI move can fuck you up.
Lets go through options:
Pat: A+B/[A+B]
Zwei: 6A+B
Leixia: 22B+K, 4A+B
Raph: 4A+B
Pyrrha: A+B, CE
Sieg: Base Hold
Hilde: 3[A]
Xiba: B+K
Ivy: 4A+BB
Cervy: bA
...List goes on, and that's not even every option for everyone.

AA and 4A
6A series
C2B
C2A
22B
A+B
3B and variations
66B and variations
CE if you wanna count that, for obvious reasons

honorable mention 66K and iWS B. I need to use them more

1):6::B::B::B:
Not necessarily a safe move but keeps opponents away
2):(B):(stage 3 I think ) during hit :B:
a good move with damage(if it hits)
3):4::A:
quick gets close range fighters by surprises (not much damage though)

2A+B- Great for breaking pressure
3[A] or counter, great free impact with decent damage and a distance maker
3BA~C1B great move to break pressure and decent damage, a personal favorite
A+GBE leads so well for a CE and a massive chunk out of the enemy
C1A w! or 6K w!~C3B great damage especially off a counter and the wall splat is just icing on the cake for C3B
4A or AA great for face clearing, lead into 3A for those who try to break pressure
6A+B not great on its own but leads nicely into C1A w! and other moves, also great after 22_88B
22_88B basically pwnage on a stick, leads into her amazing air combos and is also a tech crouch making it possible to side step horizontals
A+B in both forms, non charge good for checking those steppers and charged leads into air combos off of C2B
Lastly, Any of her A and B charges, each form has its strengths compared to the others
-C1B, hits hard without counter and good move finisher
-C2B, throws people... need I saw more
-C3B, great at range or on dodge and hits strongest out of all charges
-C1A, fast and great counter that clears face and can wall hit
-C2A, a stun, with endless possibilities let it be CE, C3B, grabs, etc
-C3A, fast, kills steppers, hits mid, hits hard, great off of dodges as well

i'm new to hilde. I like her a lot. my top ten might change in future. for now
1) 66k
2)a+b/[a+b]
3) aa
4) throws
5)3a/3[a]
6)c1_2 a
7) 1a
8)1k(k)
9)66b
10)be throw+ce but i know this will not function in future when people will start to react to the yellow aura :/ anyway if it enters it can change the round so that's not too bad.

Tough choices. In no particular order, as they're all situational:

44B - Great backstep, gets you out of the way of alot of stuff and interrupts a bucketload.
2A+B - Good TC with nice damage and knockdown leading on to a few other pokes such as 1A_B.
66B - TC with good range, has a nice BE combo on Counter.
22_88B - Bread and Butter, amazing combo damage and whiff punisher with TC and step properties.
A+B - Great step killer and combo on charge.
6AKA_B - Nice little mixup, although it can be unsafe if blocked. B combo follows in to a nice CA3
BE Grab + CE - AWESOME DAMAGE
4AA_AA + Situational depending on range but fast and good, easy to duck on prediction though.
66K - Fast mid kick
2 B+K - Fantastic low, good range and damage,.

Honorable mentions for:
2B - Fast hits crouching and non, Tc and can be followed up with another WR B to keep the crouch going and surprise the enemy. Fair range.

1K - Good fast poke low can intterupt.
4 A+B - Nice range and okay damage, leaves you on plus frames, hits high and mid.

2K - An essential, whether the end of a combo, an interrupter or just a mix up. TC's.

22_88 AA - Although the second one is unsafe if blocked it's a great step with BT properties.

BB - Great poke, good damage and range, can interrupt a fair amount. Kind of slow however.

1A - TC with semi knock down. Great advantage.

I would put her charges but the C3's are too easy to JG so outside of combos they're a no-no, although a well placed CA1_2_3 can be a good step killer, like i said it's all situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back