[Hong Kong] Home of LAU

LAU

[09] Warrior
[Hong Kong] Home of LI

Just need to start a thread here.. now cf.com is down.

If you plan to visit/move to HK and wanna play some Soul Calibur...

please take a look at our hong kong forum.. http://www.fightclub.com.pk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1906

this is probably the best place to get in touch with us... and do NOT be intimidated by the Chinese, all of us can also read english as well....

I will check here from time to time.. but it's probably better to post there.. or maybe private message me
---------------------------
Hong Kong SC Videos can be found on Chang's Friend's youtube at : http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lks9413&view=videos
---------------------------
Difference between Casual vs Challenge system....

Casuals are just Casual games.

Challenge system is our equivilent of tournament. The reason why we don't hold tournament and use Challenge system is because we have lack of players that can make at one time (some are only available sundays, some only saturdays, some come every couple of weeks...), not to mention we feel that tournament might waste a lot of time and the interaction is less.... and the Challenge system that I've created and modified by others resembles a much more fair system of how good each players are in comparison to each other....
-------------------------------
Challenge system rules.....

1) Any player can play Challenge System...

2) The match will be standardize as best out of 5 rounds per match and best out of 5 matches. In other words first to 3 rounds and first to 3 matches

3) Everybody starts at level 1

4) You may ONLY challenge anyone that's on the same level as you are or 1 level above you.

5) You may challenge your opponent once a day.

6) You may challenge your opponent anytime you want as long as you meet that player and you're infront of a machine with SC4, you may challenge them... provided if they have the necessary stick/pads.

7) Your opponent can REFUSE your challenge ONLY ONCE provided if they are on the same level with you, HOWEVER if your opponent is higher level than you he/she can NOT refuse your challenge.

8) If you're both on the same level, the winner has an OPTION of advance one level for him/herself or.... demote his opponent. example: A = lvl 2, B= lvl 2.... A>B...then...promotion: A = lvl 3, B = lvl 2 OR... demotion: A = lvl2, B = lvl 1 hahaha

9) If the lower level challenger beats the higher level opponent then the challenger switch level places with the loser. example: A = lvl 3, B = lvl 2... A<B then.... A= lvl 2, B = lvl 3

10) If the lower level challenger loses to the higher level opponent then everythign remains the same... example: A = lvl 2, B = lvl 3 A<B then A = lvl 2 , B = lvl 3

11) Once the pair played challenge system they may NOT play challenge against each other again for the day, so there's no such thing as rematch. You just need to wait to play them at EARLIEST the next day. They can however challenge other players that they haven't played Challenge system that day.

12) The very first match if nothing is said then no sides (1P/2P) and stage is chosen at random. However if someone insist on choosing either sides or stage then it should be decided by stone, paper, scissors.

13) After each match lost, the loser have a choice of changing either: stage, character or sides (1P to 2P, or 2P to 1P... however honestly nobody really chooses sides....even at the beginning) If you change characters you MUST choose back the same stage you played before. You also have an option to use eye drop to improve your eye sight... ;)

14) If the joystick/controller unintentionally malfunctions in the middle of the match, the match will be played again, but the previous records remain true... the rounds however will NOT be played again... unless agreed upon. Meaning.. if A won 2 matches already and is up by 2 rounds in the final match... the 2 match he won holds true.. but the final match will be start from round 1 again.. unless both agree to replay the first 2 rounds.

15) All matches are recorded in the order they are played.... the record below only reflects what's the current ranking status.

16) Audiences may NOT give hints/tips to the players while they are playing Challenge System. However when all the matches are COMPLETELY over they're free to do so.
---------------------------------------------
===Current Ranking as of April 5, 2009===

Chang's Friend........LV4
SIMON....LV4
LAU........LV3
ALEX.......LV3
FAI.........LV3
Sing......LV3
BALL.......LV2
KC..........LV2
Gary.......LV2
Kevin......LV1

-LAU

[Hong Kong] Home of Lau

ok... who renamed the thread?!?!?!?!?

lol

-LAU (home owner)

[Hong Kong] Home of Lau

Person who edited the title fails..
He spelt LAU as Lau..
I've fixed that.

:)

I want to invade Home of LAU. sounds awesome. I expect it to be like Play-Asia.com base ops so I can go there and walk away with like a free SF4 TE Fightstick or something.

Updated first thread with Challenge system ranking and explanation.

will provide more detailed updates with videos in the future... too lazy to update past records.

-LAU

Interesting. I was wondering what these LVLings r about when browsing the vid page. kinda similar to AE's conquest mode tho more practical. We could adapt something similar given our crew is in a similar situation as urs. :)

Interesting. I was wondering what these LVLings r about when browsing the vid page. kinda similar to AE's conquest mode tho more practical. We could adapt something similar given our crew is in a similar situation as urs. :)

yes you guys should... it makes the game more fun.. and makes much more sense than tournament... imo this is better than tournament because its more accurate and people can always retry the next day/week...

-LAU

I think he's pointing out the fact that the "HOME OF LAU" has been CLAIMED BY CANADA!

old results from couple weeks back.. but with video links.....

21/03/2009 @ Chang's fd home (ver 1.03 - XB360) challenge 片

SIMON (LV 1) vs LAU (LV 2)
Mitsu 0 : 3 Sieg

Result 0 < 3
LV (1) : LV (2)
=====================

KC (LV 1) vs LAU (LV 2)
Raph 0 : 3 Sieg

Result 0 < 3
=====================

KC (LV 1) vs Ball (LV 2)
Raph 2 : 3 Sieg

Raph 3 : 2 Sieg

Raph 1 : 3 Sieg

Raph 1 : 3 Sieg

Result 1 < 3
=====================

KC (LV 1) vs Alex (LV 1)
Raph 0 : 3 Asta

Raph 1 : 3 Asta

Raph 2 : 3 Asta

Result 0 < 3
LV (1) : LV +(2)
=====================

Ball (LV 2) vs Alex (LV 2)
Sieg 1 : 3 Asta

Sieg 1 : 3 Asta (FC2B+G -> wall -> B+K SCH B -> 236B)

Sieg 3 : 2 Asta (紅叮)

Sieg 1 : 3 Asta (3A wall combo / 6AB 破 SCH K-K)

Result 1 < 3
LV (2) : LV +(3)
=====================

KC (LV 1) vs Simon (LV 1)
Raph 2 : 3 Mitsu

Raph 1 : 3 Mitsu

Raph 3 : 0 Mitsu

Raph 1 : 3 Mitsu

Result 1 < 3
LV (1) : LV +(2)
=====================

Simon (LV 2) vs Ball (LV 2)
Mitsu 1 : 3 Sieg

Mitsu 3 : 0 Sieg

Mitsu 3 : 1 Sieg

Mitsu 2 : 3 Sieg (超屈辱combo!!!!!! 3A -> wall -> 2KKKKK -> 2KKKKK combo )

Mitsu 3 : 1 Sieg

Result 2>3
LV +(3) : LV (2)
=====================

Chang’s Fd (LV 3) vs Simon (LV 3)
Sop 3 : 0 Mitsu

Sop 0 : 3 Mitsu

Result 3 > 1
LV (3) : LV- (2)
=====================

Lau (LV 2) vs Chang’s Fd (LV 3)
Sieg 2 : 3 Set

NM 1 : 3 Set

NM 3 : 2 Set

NM 2 : 3 Set

Result 1 < 3
LV (2) : LV (3)
=====================

KC (LV 1) vs Billo (LV 2)
Raph 1 : 3 Kilik

Raph 1 : 3 Kilik

Raph 3 : 2 Kilik

Raph 3 : 0 Kilik

Raph 1 : 3 Kilik (超可惜....................)

Result 2 < 3
=====================

Billo (Fai)(LV 2) vs Chang’s Fd (LV 3)
Kilik 1 : 3 Raph

Kilik 1 : 3 Raph

Kilik 0 : 3 Raph (BTVE autoGI)

Result 0 < 3
LV (2) : LV (3)
=====================

Billo (Fai) (LV 2) vs Lau (LV 2)
Kilik 0 : 3 Sieg

Kilik 2 : 3 Sieg

Kilik 0 : 3 Sieg

Result 0 < 3
=====================

-LAU

29/03/2009 @ Chang's fd home (ver 1.03 - XB360)

KC (LV 1) vs Gary (LV 1)
Raphael 3 : 0 Lizardman

Raphael 3 : 2 Lizardman

Raphael 3 : 2 Lizardman

Result 3 > 0
LV +(2) : LV (1)

=====================
KC (LV 2) vs Sing (LV 2)
Raphael 0 : 3 Nightmare

Raphael 3 : 2 Nightmare

Raphael 3 : 1 Nightmare

Result 2 < 3

=====================
Gary (LV1) vs Fai (LV2)
Lizardman 3 : 1 Maxi

Lizardman 0 : 3 Kilik

Lizardman 2 : 3 Kilik

Lizardman 2 : 3 Kilik

Result 1 < 3

=====================
Simon (LV 2) vs Sing (LV 3)
Mitsurugi 3 : 1 Nightmare

Mitsurugi 0 : 3 Nightmare

Mitsurugi 0 : 3 Nightmare

Mitsurugi 3 : 2 Nightmare

Mitsurugi 3 : 1 Nightmare

Result 3 > 2
LV +(3) : LV -(2)

=====================
Sing (LV2) vs Fai (LV2)
Nightmare 1 : 3 Kilik

Nightmare 3 : 1 Kilik

Nightmare 3 : 0 Kilik

Nightmare 3 : 2 Kilik

Result 3 > 1
LV +(3) : LV (2)

=====================
Fai (LV2) vs Simon (LV3)
Kilik 3 : 2 Mitsurugi

Kilik 2 : 3 Mitsurugi

Kilik 1 : 3 Mitsurugi

Kilik 3 : 1 Mitsurugi

Kilik 3 : 1 Mitsurugi

Result 3 > 2

=====================
Sing (LV3) vs Lau (LV3)
Nightmare 3 : 0 Siegfried

Nightmare 3 : 2 Astaroth

Nightmare 3 : 2 Astaroth

Result 3 > 0
LV (3) : LV -(2)

=====================
Lau (LV2) vs Fai (LV3)

Nightmare 3 : 1 Kilik

Result 3 > 0

=====================
Chang's fd (LV3) vs Sing (LV3)
Cassandra 0 : 3 Nightmare

Cassandra 3 : 0 Nightmare

Cassandra 2 : 3 Nightmare

Cassandra 3 : 1 Nightmare

Cassandra 3 : 0 Nightmare

Result 3 > 2
LV (3) : LV -(2)

=====================
KC (LV 2) vs Fai (LV 2)
Raphael 2 : 3 Kilik

Raphael 1 : 3 Kilik

Raphael 3 : 1 Kilik

Raphael 2 : 3 Kilik

Result 1 < 3

UPDATED TOP THREAD as well... as of April 5, 2009

-LAU

Lau - any of your guys there still playing Seong Mi-na? She's the only character I use and I try to watch as many videos as I can when they're out. From what I've seen so far from the archives there was some pretty solid stuff with her.

InsaneKhent:

Sing and I still play her... but recently i kinda took a 'pause' with Mina... Sing on the other hand has been working on her a lot ever ever since I kinda took a pause.

However the problem is... CF been pretty lazy with the videos lately since he's been occupied with many other new games he bought recently.. so he's only uploading 'Challenge' Videos (means... only our ranking battles and not casuals)... since nobody as of now is confident to pull out a 'tournament Mina' that's why you won't see any Mina in challenge videos.

Also recently because of everybody's schedule we've been playing a little less as well.... I'll remind CF to upload some Mina videos next time...

I'm glad you find our Mina to be pretty good we do spend quite a lot of time studying her.

-LAU

InsaneKhent:

Sing and I still play her... but recently i kinda took a 'pause' with Mina... Sing on the other hand has been working on her a lot ever ever since I kinda took a pause.

However the problem is... CF been pretty lazy with the videos lately since he's been occupied with many other new games he bought recently.. so he's only uploading 'Challenge' Videos (means... only our ranking battles and not casuals)... since nobody as of now is confident to pull out a 'tournament Mina' that's why you won't see any Mina in challenge videos.

Also recently because of everybody's schedule we've been playing a little less as well.... I'll remind CF to upload some Mina videos next time...

I'm glad you find our Mina to be pretty good we do spend quite a lot of time studying her.

-LAU

Oh, I really do honestly. You guys are who I keep an eye on the most when searching for matches with Mi-na on youtube. It's just recently I've noticed that there hasn't been a whole lot posted with her so I was hoping nobody in HK gave up on her. I'm looking forward to seeing if someone uses her in challenge matches. If not, I understand completely. She's just....hard to win with sometimes.

But anyway, I'll keep an eye out for more videos in the future. Thanks for the response.

LAU!! i love you and i love this thread lol

btw you match with CF was nice to watch!!! loved every bit of it!!

and also sing vs CF (night vs cass) match was very nice to watch.. i love his nightmare also!!

<3

Back