Horribly bad with one character, amazingly good with another?

Mandy

Yes, a guy.
Just wondering if anyone has any success stories from swapping mains? I'm still mourning the loss of Sophitia and trying to make it work with Pyrrha, but I'm just not feeling it. Been desiring a character with some more range, but I'm not sure if I'm just making a mental roadblock for myself, or if I'm just purely bad with that character in particular.

You're thinking too deeply into this subject. Just try out a character and start practising. Learn their basic playstyle and if you are set on that character, work with them and later on you'll be better with them than now.

Analogy:
You ate spaghetti your entire life, but now spaghetti is phased out by hamburgers. How do you know you don't like hamburgers if you haven't eaten it enough times to make a proper judgement?

If your not feeling for the character, it is most likely that you do not have natural talent for her and it is hard for you to pick her up. However, if you do like Pyrrha, don't be discouraged and play with her. It will take time but you will reach the skill level of a talented player if you play her enough.

The opposite happened for me. I'm a big fan of X but for me, it was very frustrating to play her in SC4. Although she was quick her attacks felt light and very complicated to use. The SXS stance was too complicated for me to use. When I switched to Leixia I immediately felt a connection with her and found her thousands of times easier to learn. Her attacks were very satisfying and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with her.

Sometimes, it is just pure skill level that holds you back when you play a character. I've recently come back to SC4 much better and it is way more satisfying to play X.

I played Amy primarily in SC4 and had Sophitia as my secondary. With the exclusion of Amy's style I went with Pyrrha after trying out a few other characters. She has all of Sophitia's major tools.

The only thing to get used to are the other characters' moves to know when to punish. Getting zoned sucks, but Just Guard practice helps tremendously with that. G~236B:4 just makes you look like a monster.

Back