Horror Movies

am i the only one who watched The Human Centipede and thought it was completely fucking awesome?
I was disappointed with it. I think it doesn't stand to its expectations. Everyone said it's like one of the most disgusting movies ever but I wasn't that shocked or disgusted with it. In fact, they don't show much in that movie, everything that was supposed to be disgusting is carefully bandaged lol xD The idea was crazy, though. I heard in the next movie there will be a human centipede composed of 12 people.

Jegen88, Darkness Falls? Really? For me it was just one of these low budget horror movies with bad story, acting and effects. I think you can find way better horror films than this one.

It is the reason I like it lol. I tend to also like shitty indie horrors as well as really well made ones. It's mainly because I started laughing by the end of the movie..

I was disappointed with it. I think it doesn't stand to its expectations. Everyone said it's like one of the most disgusting movies ever but I wasn't that shocked or disgusted with it. In fact, they don't show much in that movie, everything that was supposed to be disgusting is carefully bandaged lol xD The idea was crazy, though. I heard in the next movie there will be a human centipede composed of 12 people.

I hated it. It was just a bunch of morons crawling around in bandages. I think the only reason it is remotely popular is because that guy shit in the girl's mouth.

Jegen88, Darkness Falls? Really? For me it was just one of these low budget horror movies with bad story, acting and effects. I think you can find way better horror films than this one.

Endnow, are you not kidding with Birdemic? I saw a movie trailer for this one and I didn't know what to think but my first guess was "Is this a joke?".
Give Birdemic a shot man... Even though the effects are awful, the script lacking a three act structure, the acting dodgy and forced, the plot ripped straight off the birds and the title sequence repeating itself... its a truly terrifying masterpiece of a movie

How much do I have to drink/smoke to like Birdemic? I actually might give it a try xD

Behold, the most ridiculous thing you will ever see:

It's only 8min but if anyone can watch this until the end, I say you're good.

I watched "Tarantula" from 1955 yesterday. I was pretty shocked, the special effects were simply amazing:

Tarantula19554.jpg

They basically used a real spider and composed it onto the scene, but the effect was almost flawless. I had no idea that back then they had technology to make something like that. It looked so much better than the usual stop-motion animated monsters used in other monster movies at that time.

speaking of movies...the love ranch...this shitty joe pesci and hellen mirren movie with bai ling and the dad from malcolm in the middle was shooting in NM a few years back. at the time i was a kitchen manager at a hooters knockoff called twin peaks. some of the waitress girls got invited to be "round girls" for the movie, and called me on my day off to see if i was interested in being an extra. i figured "fuck it" and went in and did a couple scenes. well as it turns out they actually kept one in the movie. Oo

wwn03d.jpg

there you can see me in between the back of joe pesci's head and that hot chick from rob zombie's halloween. i'm wearing brown plaid and green polyester stretch pants. :D also i had a ponytail back then. this was shot in like 2007 and BARELY came out. i'd almost forgotten all about it. they told me to walk "with my back curved and shoulders up like a rich guy" and i turned out just looking really fat. oh well. at least i got my 1/4 of one second of fame!

i'm currently scanning the boxing scene for more of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Our screening of Birdemic had a couple of casualties. My brains were leaking from my nose at the end of it. In that way, its a horror movie.

Yeah some people don't survive our movie nights. I doubt any of these Yank n00bs would be able to sit through Birdemic

1: Blair Witch Project
2: Paranormal Activity
3: House On Haunted Hill (1999)
4: The Mist
5: Yogi Bear Movie

Hey Guys. Me And DIME Are Trying To Think Of Some Awesome Horror Films. Anyone Got Any Suggestions? We're Terribly Bored Here. Please Help Us Out.

Yeah, that's what I can't get my cousin to understand: if a "scary movie" is only filled with boo scares, then it isn't scary. Boo scares are cheap scares, and do nothing other than make me jump and want my money back. The good movies are the ones that keep you from sleeping at night, like most Asian horror films try to do.

Anyway, we decided on The Exorcist. And oldy-goldy, but one that I've never seen. Too bad my cousin fell asleep before it ended, he really missed out.

But keep the ideas coming... we'll need them for future reference.

The Exorcist is such an important movie, and was what I would have suggested if I saw this thread earlier. Other classics are Alien, The Shining, and of course, the perfection that is Psycho, but these are probably more likely to have been seen (but hey, you didn't see the exorcist yet).

I personally lean towards suspense rather than "horror" but I honestly haven't been kept up by a movie since I was a kid, though I did wake up screaming rather recently when I fell asleep watching the X-files, which was strange because I fell asleep during a rather tame episode.

Back