How did you became a Soul Calibur fan?

Applause Leonardo Dicaprio GIF - Applause LeonardoDicaprio Clap GIFs

Bravo, Kostas! Awesome story you have!

yeah SC5 was a black sheep like Phantasy Star III because it take place AFTER Phantasy Star IV! well 1,000 years after the event of Phantasy Star 4

anyways, i'm lucky that i have SC3 and SCBD. but SC3 has awesome CaS items like Hawk Talon! hope it will return as a DLC Season 2 so it will good on both Male and Female characters! imagine this- Groh with Hawk Talon! he will look so bad@$$!

I often used to go down the arcade to watch kids play my favourite game at the time: Killer Instinct 2. There I noticed a new breed of fighting game being born, the 3D polygon variety. There was Tekken, Soul Blade, Virtua Fighter, and Fighting Vipers. All new series. I liked Soul Blade and Tekken the most. When I got a PS1, it came with a demo disc that Contained Tekken 2. This then led me to buy Tekken 3. My interest in fighting games started to wane in the late 90’s (like many people!) so I didn’t buy another fighting game for many years. I remember playing SC1 or 2 on the Dreamcast and thinking this series is really growing into something.
When SC6 was announced for PC, I imagined what all those intervening years and sequels had culminated in. It had to be really good surely, with years of evolution behind it. CAS was a thing now. How great that must be! And then the big one: modding. Finally, a Soul game that I can customise with mods.
I was sold....!!

I used to play Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter etc as a kid in arcades and with my dad. My father liked the original soul blade, and he bought me SC2 on launch day. Been hooked ever since

I want to say I was 7/8 at the time. I didn't have any arcades or computers when I was a kid, so all of my gaming was done on consoles, and I was always enamored with fighting games. On my old SNES, I sunk countless hours into MK1, MK2, MK3, SF2 Turbo, and even begged my cousin to borrow Killer Instinct. On my PS1, Tekken 3 was a constant and Bloody Roar 2 may as well have been glued into the system. To say nothing of other odd fighters I'd get later.

Then, one day, my dad brought home a copy of Soul Blade.

The music, the character design, the presentation, the Edge Master mode, THE FUCKING INTRO. It was unlike anything I'd seen before and quickly became a favorite. Li-Long and his Moonlit Shadows theme in Khan Supper Session (which I'm still mad never gets in layer games) are things that associate heavily with SoulCalibur, even if the games themselves don't. Soul Blade is jank as all hell and the combat is slow and archaic, but goddamn the music and visuals are still stunning for a PS1 game.

My history with SoulCalibur as a series is a little funny since I played the games way out of order (SB, 2, 4, 1,5, BD, 3, 6). I unfortunately(?) never played Lost Swords because I didn't have a PS3 at the time. I haven't heard a lot of good things about it, but it something that interest me.

Back