How do you mute people in SC5 PSN Player Match?

Good question. It irritates the crap out of me when some goon thinks I want to listen to his ghetto music playing in the background through his staticky headset microphone.

I pray they'll patch that or something, because I hate having to listen to people have pissy fits whenever they loose (against anybody lol).

You want to know how I do it? Plug your mic in and turn the volume down to 0. Put it on the floor somewhere and it will be quite again.

Heh, I do the same thing. I just power on the wireless headset and leave it next to me. Once the fight is over I turn it off and its back to normal. I didn't realize it until I got so frustrated with some music (I think it was actually Happy Hardcore - aka the worst thing this side of hell) that I just took the headphones off and ... wow... silence.
I can't believe I tolerated that stuff as long as I did.

I was hoping for a solution to this on XBL. I don't really mind what comes through the microphone, but if anything comes through it lowers the game volume tremendously. The constant change in volume annoys the crap out of me and makes it a good deal harder to concentrate on the match.

I was hoping for a solution to this on XBL. I don't really mind what comes through the microphone, but if anything comes through it lowers the game volume tremendously. The constant change in volume annoys the crap out of me and makes it a good deal harder to concentrate on the match.
You can just mute individual players on XBL. You can also go into the audio settings and set it to mic only if you don't want to hear anyone through the TV.

Back