How Strong is Yun Seong?

R1CH187

[08] Mercenary
Hey fellow Yun users,

I'm asking this question because I'm still trying to ace the Tower. And i've been trying to use Yun the whole way. Though I know there are some things that are impossible to do. For instance, performing the Low Throw on floor 37?(i think it is), because Yun doesn't have any. And just for the sake of saying, I don't think it's fare for the game to pose a challenge that can't be accomplished by all the characters, but whatever.

I'm more concerned with performing the 10+Combo, and also the 240Damage. Over the past week, I hit the CPU with some crazy Yun combos, but nothing seems to be enough.

What combos does Yun do, if any, that meet these challenges?

thanks

Fighting the CPU =/= fighting an opponent. If it did, I could have an argument that X is garbage in this game, since the CPU can GI her 2K and such, and her relatively low damage output doesn't make up for that. If you really want to beat the tower with Yun, than just find a move that the CPU has difficulty countering (Maybe go for CFs or something).

When it comes to the real part of the game (Player v Player), then I'd say Yun is one of the weaker characters in the game. That's a whole 'nother beast that I really don't feel like getting into right now.

Oh I absolutely agree that Yun is one of the weaker characters. thats why I love to use this character, and yes, some times hate it. Not to boast myself by no means, but some people who face me on-line might disagree with you about Yun being so weak.

As for the Tower. It's just a matter of time. Right now, I'm stuck between 57-59. I have no excuse for that. I just suck..LOL But i'll beat it eventually.

I just want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to find the 10+combo and the 240 Damage attack. Or should I just wait until I'm ready to do it with Astaroth, which like I stated above is so unfare.

Yun is a decent character, very well balanced. Playing vs AI sucks though and is generally a poor judge on how good a character is.

too strong! How strong?? TOOOO STOOONNGGG!!!! How ...strong....are...YOU??!?!?!?!?!

TOOO STRRROOOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...gay football moment ensues

I completed the tower and treasures with Yun only (when possible), so I can probably help with some of those. The 10hit isn't easy though, if you're new to the game.

The only one I can think of with Yun is: 44B, 44A, 6A+B, 3[K], CR B, 4BK

Of course it's breakable, but as long as the cpu doesn't shake it, it counts as a 10hit combo. The 3[K] will only hit on smaller characters.

If you want to be cheap about this, just use a counterhit 44B with amy and there is your 10-hit combo :D

240 Damage attack

I don't know if it's possible at all with Yun, maybe with his unblockable, but that's a gamble. I used a powered up Yoshimitsu and one of his unblockables. Pretty easy that way.

I'm stuck between 57-59. I have no excuse for that. I just suck..LOL

It's probably not your fault, the cpu is just ridiculous on those levels. Punishes hard, uses heavy combos involving 3 characters and has a solid defence.

Lvl 57 and 59 aren't too hard, the real problem is lvl 58. I think this is the one against Setsuka, Mitsurugi and Cervantes. Fighting them the usual way is frustating as hell, especially Cervantes will block Yuns unsafe stuff almost 100% and punish hard. They all have a weakness though: Mitsurugi eats 236KK almost every time for huge damage, Setsuka doesn't break throws for some reason and Cervantes... hmm I forgot, he's just a beast, maybe you just have to try a few times and get lucky with him.

I completed the tower and treasures with Yun only (when possible), so I can probably help with some of those. The 10hit isn't easy though, if you're new to the game.

The only one I can think of with Yun is: 44B, 44A, 6A+B, 3[K], CR B, 4BK

Of course it's breakable, but as long as the cpu doesn't shake it, it counts as a 10hit combo. The 3[K] will only hit on smaller characters.
Thanks. I'll try that

If you want to be cheap about this, just use a counterhit 44B with amy and there is your 10-hit combo :D
so 44b(repeated) counts as one combo? I never knew that.

I don't know if it's possible at all with Yun, maybe with his unblockable, but that's a gamble. I used a powered up Yoshimitsu and one of his unblockables. Pretty easy that way.
Yeah, I'll try again a few times. But I might have to make that a Yoshi or Astaroth moment.
But can Yun's strength be suped up in special?

Lvl 57 and 59 aren't too hard, the real problem is lvl 58. I think this is the one against Setsuka, Mitsurugi and Cervantes. Fighting them the usual way is frustating as hell, especially Cervantes will block Yuns unsafe stuff almost 100% and punish hard. They all have a weakness though: Mitsurugi eats 236KK almost every time for huge damage, Setsuka doesn't break throws for some reason and Cervantes... hmm I forgot, he's just a beast, maybe you just have to try a few times and get lucky with him.

yup, Cervantes has been the problem. I watched someone beat Lvl58 with Mitsu on Youtube. He kept running away and punishing Cervantes everytime he came at him. I'm going to try it.

Thanks again for the tip

so 44b(repeated) counts as one combo? I never knew that.

No. Amy adds 9 hits automatically, if it was a counterhit, it's that simple. Hit 44B on counter once and there's your chest.

Back