How to bring up old xbl accounts...help me!!

Hot Rod Dave

"Saucy saucy minx"
Lemme explain first:

Bout a year ago, I had sold all my xbox stuff in exchange for a PS3. Well after not being satisfied with my PS3 experience, I decided to recently go back to an xbox.

So about a year ago, I thought I would be smart and save all my original profiles to a flash drive, and from there bury them on my PC.

So last night I was trying to recover those profiles again. Without any success. I am able to transfer the files FROM my PC, but when I try to suck it up into the xbox, the xbox thinks theres nothing on the drive.

I did go through the process of having the xbox prepare the flash drive (for whatever reason) for xbox usage, go to my PC, transfer the files, but still nothing. I did notice that the file is a "hidden" file, tried to un-hide it, didnt work either.

I know you are able to recover gamertags the old fashioned way. But my account was hacked a LONG ass time ago to where someone changed the email adress accociated with my gamertag. In turn they also changed the password. Ive reported it to xbox many many times, but it never got fixed. Being that the profile was on my harddrive, I never had a problem playing on it.

So if someone has some ideas of what I can try, yall would be my hero!! HELP ME!!!

It seems to depend on the type of USB you are using, i.e. I think it has to be 1GB or above and also compatible with a certain type of file readable by the 360.

Also, when moving your XBL account to "another Xbox 360 console" then it requires you to input the password for your Microsoft account, and if you think it has been hacked then there's not much to be done if Microsoft isn't willing to help.

This might help explain a bit: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete

You're sadly probably out of luck, unless you can convince microsoft's support staff to reset your account, but, if they do, that's horrible security on their part (but not unheard of).

To rule out the USB stick you are using, copy your new profile onto it and see if it can see your new profile just fine from it. The profile files are most likely tied in some way to the console serial number it was on.

Yeah Im getting that assumption as well. I just got done talking to an xbox ambassador (whatever that is) and he seemd really helpful. But he basically said the same thing.

But on the bright side, xbox deletes inactive accounts so long as they have been unactive for 3 years. Its already been 1 year so heres to hoping.

ALSO: what makes me even more sad is that almost every version of "Hot Rod Dave" is taken. Ive tried HotRodDave, H0tR0dDave (them be zeros). So ima need a little help from yall.

Its gotta be some version of Hot Rod Dave. Help me out here!!!

Did you try Hot-Rod-Dave? (replace 'o' with zero if necessary) can you use those on xbox accounts?

Or Hot_Rod_Dave (replace 'o' with zero if necessary)

That's what I can think of at top of my head.

But yeah I'm sorry that happened to ya. I hate freakin' hackers.

I dont think underscores are allowed on xbl. In fact im almost certain. But yeah Im gonna go try the zero substitute thing and hopefully come up with something.

That particular name is something special to me and is almost a "deal breaker" if I cant use some sort of that version.

Please don't do the 0's if you can help it. I hate the way 0's look in names.

x Hot Rod Dave x
I Hot Rod Dave I (<<<capital i's)
o Hot Rod Dave o
Hot Rod Dave X (<<<the final boss version of HRD)

Please don't do the 0's if you can help it. I hate the way 0's look in names.

x Hot Rod Dave x
I Hot Rod Dave I (<<<capital i's)
o Hot Rod Dave o
Hot Rod Dave X (<<<the final boss version of HRD)

LOL yeah I do to. But I hate having to put x's or i's to. but that actually is prolly better. yall will see it later tonight!

Snazzy Automobile David

you call me David again and Ima stab you in the arm pit......

So Ive come up with X HotRodDave X. Im not very creative.

But I found another issue last night. I go to put in CoD MW2 and the xbox wants me to put in the "family passcode". Well I bought this thing from a buddy that, god only knows where he got it. So obtaining the password or the secret question is not gonna happen.

Ive seen several different people that say "go to settings, system info, plink in some buttons and thats it." Yeah well none of those worked. Aside from calling xbox customer support to see if they can help, I dont know what to do. I cant even play SCV that I got last night.

It has something to do with the serial # of the xbox that determines what sequence of buttons you push. They all start with LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB....then there are a few more buttons to push depending on what serial number you have.

Someone stab me in the face with a soldering iron!!

XBox Live has horrible policies when it comes to gamertags.

After 6 months of unuse, the gametag will EXPIRE. Meaning you can no longer use the account. In addition to that, they DO NOT clear up the username; so you can't create a new account with the same gamertag. So essentially the name goes into purgatory, never to be seen again.

Sounds like you can just call up xbox support (again) and give them your serial number and they'll give you the reset sequence.

XBox Live has horrible policies when it comes to gamertags.

After 6 months of unuse, the gametag will EXPIRE. Meaning you can no longer use the account. In addition to that, they DO NOT clear up the username; so you can't create a new account with the same gamertag. So essentially the name goes into purgatory, never to be seen again.

I had some xbox ambassador (which I assume is just a mod for the xbox website) told me that the kill gamertags after 3 years of inactivity. But that doesnt mean that after that time it will available for use again.

So yeah. Ill be calling xbox support again, have some yahoo tell me that he isnt able to do anything due to some complicated piece of shit reason. and ill be out $40 for an xbox, $29 for scv etc etc. I love life!!

Back