How to deal with being spaced?

Artilust

[10] Knight
Tips? Im talking about that funky distance after a blocked 4B+K or a whiffed 66BB. A little too far for his longest atacks .. a little too slow to close space with something like 1A or 66A+B. What do you do?

Im finding that these characters in particular give Zasalamel an especially hard time if they play a solid pushout game:

Mitsu - bait for 4B ALLLLLL DAY. kB. b:a. 6B+K (or whatever the notation is)
Sets - 33B fear
Ivy - WP stance
Asty - 22B, 1A, A+B. . etc
Amy - 8WR A+B
Talim - 4_6B+K crap

Basically long ranged moves. Safe long ranged moves are a arm and a leg for Zas. He has pretty much nothing thats quick enough to counter the in-your-face.

I especially find it discouraging that some characters can get pushed out with 4B+K yet still can gain enough footing to rush back in to pressure. Zasalamel already has a limited amount of tools, which are situational at that. .its discouraging.

Im getting tired of throwing in desperation. This seems to be all he can do when he doest have some essential things to be truly competitive. . like. . a punisher. Jesus christ.

So we need to talk about this. Right now.

If 4B+K is blocked, then you're at -16. It's difficult to punish, but remember that you're still at a disadvantage. It's best to use your defensive options i.e. step, block, or GI their moves.

In a neutral situation, it'd take some anticipation, but you could stuff many long range moves with 66A+B, or 66B+K if they use highs (Ivy has a lot of high step killers in WP, if I remember correctly). For Setsuka, though, you have to watch out (33B is i17 and -10 on block. I hate that move). Hilde and Kilik are similar, since they have safe mid or long range moves that push out on block. This is just me playing theory fighter, but you should prolly try and get them into the range of 44A/3A/ WS A4. 44A is your standard step killer, 3A is your mid option, and WS A4 pulls them in (If you anticipate a high, it could be good).

what DOES punish 4B+K on guard btw? I never actually found anything, though admittedly I haven't tried long.

what DOES punish 4B+K on guard btw? I never actually found anything, though admittedly I haven't tried long.

Apprentice's A+B force pull, Hilde's charged B doesn't work so nothing else should either.

After a blocked 4B+K I usually do 6B+K or 22A or just reset. It depends on the character you're playing against.
Most characters can't even touch him after a blocked 4B+K, you have offensive options like 6AB or 4A.

Instead of 66BB mix it up with 66B and 66A. Otherwise 77A tracks any step.

Zass back step isn't too bad either...Freaky Styles, kept on punishing me with WS 3B because I was wiffing against his back steps.

22A is a good tool find uses for it.

The BIGGEST THING TO WORRY ABOUT IS KILIK.

Most of the stuff you mentioned are steppable. Zas thrives at mid range, so I'm not sure as to the problem really.

Even though 4B+K is technically unsafe, I've never had a problem maneuvering around after its blocked. If anything I love to do two 4B+Ks in a row, and if they rush in and hit me with something quick, a backstep into manly whiff-punisher 44K the next time usually puts them in the dirt.

Btw, 44K is beefy. Use it if you aren't already.

Back