How to reach Night Terror in Arcade Edition?

PhilBond

[09] Warrior
Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition

I heard Night Terror was hidden in the Arcade Edition, but I haven't found him yet. Anyone happen to have this nugget stored away somewhere in their memory banks?

As I understand it, Standard Mode has three bosses: Inferno (unique version exclusive to AE), Abyss and Night Terror, and the last two stages will always feature two out of three of them, but so far I've only ever gotten Inferno and Abyss.

Stuff I've tried that hasn't worked:
Beat the game with Nightmare
Beat the game with Seigfried
Beat the game in under 5 minutes without losing a round

From what I've read, Inferno is the sub boss and you get either Abyss or Night Terror randomly as the final boss. Not sure though, cause I've never played the arcade version.

How much do you play the arcade version? Think you could get a video of the Inferno fight? Inferno's my favorite character and I've been wanting to see that.

I play it a lot. I could do that. Inferno's model is pretty much just its model from SC2, but without Soul Calibur trapped inside, so it's an empty cage, and it always uses the Cervantes move set, but with Soul Edge (from Soul Edge(the game)) as its swords, and it still has its air spin moves available like it's always had.

I've also read that bit about Night Terror and Abyss being randomized, and I don't buy it. I think it's one of those things that gets passed all around the Internet without anyone ever checking it. I've also read that there's a chance of seeing a Legend Mode character in the last stage, and I'm particularly skeptical of that. If there are three potential things you can see in the last stage, well I can tell you right now: it's not an equal chance between the three of them, because I've only ever seen Abyss there, and I've gone through at least ten times. I'm betting it's conditional, like no ring-outs for one or both parties on one or more specific stages, because that was one of the conditions in "Tales of Souls" mode on the home version. That, or a more aggressive time limit, like 4:00. Or it might just be attached to specific characters, but that would be pretty unfair.

I want to figure out a specific method to finding the silly dragon monster, but at this point I might settle for just confirming that he's in there at all.

Speaking of Tales of Souls, I'm pretty surprised that's not available in Arcade Edition. It's totally great and approachable, and really helped the player get attached to the characters. Arcade Edition was made after the home version, and the mode was right there, so why not throw it back in? Were they trying to nurture continued sales of the home version by leaving some content exclusive to it?

Yeah it's seems like there's little information around about the arcade edition. I guess it just isn't very popular because arcades are not as popular these days. Even Night Terror's page on the SC wiki says it appears randomly with Abyss in the arcade version.

There's no Tos mode? Is there any type of story mode? I remember SCII's arcade version having one and you could save your profile to it and stuff.

No, there was no story mode in SC2 arcade either. You're thinking of Conquest Mode, which had nothing to do with the actual character stories. SC3AE has a similar mode, called Legends Mode. The only SC arcade version with any story was SC1, which had the same character endings as the console version.

You can VS Legend Mode character in AE arcade mode, but I forgot if it's as the final boss or as a bonus after the final boss.

Final boss. I just saw that for the first time a couple weeks ago. Still no Night Terror, though.

I've fought Night Terror before when I played AE.

I think you need to beat Arcade mode without losing a round or using a continue.

Hey man were you ever able to reach Night Terror? If you say you beat it in less than 5 minutes and without continues I wonder if Night Terror is really in the game at all. No idea what else you'd have to do to make it show up.

You say the arcade edition has a legends mode. Maybe NT is there?

Nope, still no luck. It'd be hard to imagine where he'd show up in Legends mode. There must really be a rarefied random element to it.

Legends mode is about leveling up a character, giving it special skills, competing to install yourself as the legendary user of your favorite character, and then insuring that you stay that way. When you play Legends Mode, you get eight fights to level up your character. The eighth fight is against the current legend version of your character, and if you beat the Legend, then you can choose to raise or lower its stats. If you make a higher-leveled character than the legend, then you can replace it and become the new legend. If you're the one who installed the current legend, then you would choose to raise its stats after you beat it. By repeatedly beating a legend and choosing to raise its stats, you can turn it into a total beast, incapable of being replaced by a single playthrough.

Get it? It's the sort of communal mode that only works in a long-term public setting like an arcade.

Sounds pretty cool. But doesn't seem like NT would be there. I just thought of something though. Maybe whether you get Abyss or NT depends on the character you use? Have you tried different ones?

Back