I don't get when A+B works

Status
Not open for further replies.

magillagorilla4

[08] Mercenary
Hello, I honestly don't get when A+B works and it doesn't. I was fiddling in training mode and it seems to work against verticals, doesn't work against stabbing moves (which I've seen from browsing this forum, something about that not being part of a "aGI", auto guard impact i'm guess that means?).

In the old games I always just used regular GI, but now with the meter it seems like a good idea to use A+B whenever possible, plus the 22BAK combo afterwards is always fun. However, it often seems like I time it correctly, but it doesen't work. Anyone have a rule of thumb for what kind of attacks I can and can not use this on? much appreciated.

For instance, it doesn't seem to work on mitsurugi's A attack (which is a high horizontal), does work on 2A but it counters differently, just a one hit thing. works on his B attack, does not work on his 4B (a thrust attack).

It works on non-stab mid moves only. It will never work on a high or a low. As for what counts as a thrust or not, that will require experimentation.

The followup you get depends on what type of attack you impacted (vertical, horizontal, or kick). For verticals, you can do AK as a follow-up (it'll automatically do the first hit of 22BAK for you. For horizontals it'll do a quick hit, after which you can combo 236B:4 (even if that hit whiffs you can still combo it) or 66B+KAB or I think 66B BE. For kicks I think it acts more or less as a normal GI, giving you a free 236B:4 or CE.

Since the followup varies, you generally only want to throw it out during a string that you know you can interrupt with it. For example, Pyrrha's 66B BE, you can block the first hit and then A+B to get a vertical auto-gi on the 2nd mid for the AK followup.

Hello, I honestly don't get when A+B works and it doesn't. I was fiddling in training mode and it seems to work against verticals, doesn't work against stabbing moves (which I've seen from browsing this forum, something about that not being part of a "aGI", auto guard impact i'm guess that means?).

In the old games I always just used regular GI, but now with the meter it seems like a good idea to use A+B whenever possible, plus the 22BAK combo afterwards is always fun. However, it often seems like I time it correctly, but it doesen't work. Anyone have a rule of thumb for what kind of attacks I can and can not use this on? much appreciated.

For instance, it doesn't seem to work on mitsurugi's A attack (which is a high horizontal), does work on 2A but it counters differently, just a one hit thing. works on his B attack, does not work on his 4B (a thrust attack).
A+B is retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back