I Think it's time to let PS know what we want out of DLC.

H-A-N-D-of-God

[09] Warrior
Scythe? Mace?, Grieve Edge,Dagger, Wave sword, something new?

Hear me out, I think that after all the hype was finished, Project Soul left us with a barebones template. Not because they we're lazy, or rushed. But because they weren't sure of what exactly we wanted! See what they DID DO with this game was make a balanced, cohesive fighter that excelled in all the places it needs to succeed in competitively. Now it's up to US (The Soul Calibur community) to let them know what ELSE we want. I don't think it's practical to wish For chronicles of the sword to make a return. But I'll be damned if we don't get our characters. It's time to make our voices heard. Facebook, Twitter, Forums all across the web, live-streams, chats, email. It doesn't matter. Just make your feelings known!

There's 3 slots or more that arent used in CAS because Ezio, Algol, and some other characters would be able to take advantage of their gear to mask subtle attacks. So what if instead of having a glaring hole in the roster, we got DLC CAS styles to make up for the ones we can't use?

I think that this time around it's going to be different. Project soul has proved to me they're listening by balancing the characters and making the character creator so deep. Now we just need to do the rest.

I hear what you are saying. I think that PS might try to keep SCV up to date unlike SCIV so I don't see the problem in at least suggesting and sharing ideas on what you think they should do for DLC because you never know.
Me personally, I'd like to see CAS styles, possibly some new characters or some returning ones, and CAS equipment.

CAS Styles (For the custom styles in SCIII, I'd highly advise that they fix them up and make them full styles)
-Lance (Girardot's weapon of SCIII)
-Katana & Shuriken (Miser's weapon of SCIII)
-Katana (Arthur of SCIII. Mostly because it was a nice substitute for if you didn't want to use Mitsurugi's style)
-Grieve Edge (Valeria of SCIII. I liked the concept even though it was broken as hell but with some tweaking and such, it could be a rather nice style.)
-Wave Sword (Revanant of SCIII)
-Sickle (Aurelia of SCIII)
-Zasalamel's style (Since it seems like they wanted to drop Zas out of the cast, I think it would be cool if they offered his style as a tribute for CAS)
-Talim's style (Like Zas, it seems she might not come back but why not offer her Elbow blade style for CAS?)
-Yun Seong's style (Same reason as Zasalamel & Talim)
-Hwang's style (The Chinese Blade style of SCIII)
-Li Long's style (The Nunchaku style of SCIII)

As for CAS equipment, it's pretty self explanatory. All I hope is that they avoid the ridiculous ones and go for some good authentic clothing that wasn't included in the game. Some more hair would be nice too and of course, bringing back the outfits of the main casts' from the older games for CAS because seriously, there were some pretty awesome ones.

An that's about it really. Even if they don't do any of these, I'm still going to enjoy the game. :)

1. Button config from character select screen patch.
  2. More CAS slots patch.
  3. Default, non-editable Devil Jin model for tournaments, just to quiet all the insanity.
  4. That’s really it. If you really care all that much, fine, add some DLC characters like Zas, Bangoo, whatever.

I hear what you are saying. I think that PS might try to keep SCV up to date unlike SCIV so I don't see the problem in at least suggesting and sharing ideas on what you think they should do for DLC because you never know.
Me personally, I'd like to see CAS styles, possibly some new characters or some returning ones, and CAS equipment.

CAS Styles (For the custom styles in SCIII, I'd highly advise that they fix them up and make them full styles)
-Lance (Girardot's weapon of SCIII)
-Katana & Shuriken (Miser's weapon of SCIII)
-Katana (Arthur of SCIII. Mostly because it was a nice substitute for if you didn't want to use Mitsurugi's style)
-Grieve Edge (Valeria of SCIII. I liked the concept even though it was broken as hell but with some tweaking and such, it could be a rather nice style.)
-Wave Sword (Revanant of SCIII)
-Sickle (Aurelia of SCIII)
-Zasalamel's style (Since it seems like they wanted to drop Zas out of the cast, I think it would be cool if they offered his style as a tribute for CAS)
-Talim's style (Like Zas, it seems she might not come back but why not offer her Elbow blade style for CAS?)
-Yun Seong's style (Same reason as Zasalamel & Talim)
-Hwang's style (The Chinese Blade style of SCIII)
-Li Long's style (The Nunchaku style of SCIII)

As for CAS equipment, it's pretty self explanatory. All I hope is that they avoid the ridiculous ones and go for some good authentic clothing that wasn't included in the game. Some more hair would be nice too and of course, bringing back the outfits of the main casts' from the older games for CAS because seriously, there were some pretty awesome ones.

An that's about it really. Even if they don't do any of these, I'm still going to enjoy the game. :)

i too think they should bring back those seperate styles
but especially the ones they have just blatently got rid off, yun,talim and zas even rock too, some of the characters theyve made mimics are just a waste of space and its ridiculous that they overided the characters theyve got rid of from 4 so we need them back

in addition for costumes id like to see parts of old costumes or actual full old costumes to come back that we can use on the relevant characters, and edit the colours of them i so want ivys SC2 3P back!

what i mean with the parts of outfits is like ivys strings from SC4 astaroths old SC 2P helmet etc. that can be edited and used on our made characters

also setsuka for DLC since they didnt evne bother to make a new character for her style plus theyve got rid of the umbrella,which was the whole point of her style since her blade was hidden in it

Whatever we want, it's already decided the DLC contents. They are not to create anything aside what they already have in the list. But a man can dream

-More fighting styles
-More CAS pieces (that includes both clothes and hair and faces)

That's all.

Zas and Talim... Zas =Abyss and Talim with a modified Devil Jin move set? ..Yeah I'm just trolling now

What I want is pretty simple, and I'm willing to pay for it.

Characters, specifically Talim, Zalsalamel, Bangoo, and a new Korean.

Costume Parts that are interesting.

I want FREE dlc characters so its easier to host tournament play. CAS stuff can go pay'ed since it doesnt matter in tournament play.

Specific DLC chars i want:
Amy playstyle
Zasalamel playstyle
+ Any new original character playstyle would be nice :)

As for the CAS.. the option to not let armor break in patch

Last but not least.. free balance patches and fixes :P

Whatever we want, it's already decided the DLC contents. They are not to create anything aside what they already have in the list. But a man can dream

-More fighting styles
-More CAS pieces (that includes both clothes and hair and faces)

That's all.

the only DLC they've set a hard date for is DLC for FEBRUARY. Every month after that is still fair game. They aren't going to do us like they did SCIV. leaving the community out to dry was a mistake, compounded by a game that didn't live up to expectations and it almost cost them the franchise. I don't think they're going to make the mistake of not listening to their fanbase. It's like feeding a dog the same thing every day even when the dog turns his nose up to it.

that's the spirit! I don't think theyre going to ignore they're adoring fans this time around. :D

Next month's content is actually pretty great, especially that kimono.

But through a couple of months in the time span, I do see more CaS equipment in the mix, which can be pretty good. Of that equipment, I do look forward to more hairstyles, and, though I doubt it, more faces. Costumes and hairstyles from previous games, including default characters, is a must. Well, more like a want for me. In particular:

-Seong Mina's SCIV Ponytail
-Setsuka's SCIV Ponytail, or either of her SCIII hairstyles. Her SC3 kimono would be nice as well with the pattern feature in this game.
-Ivy's SCIV costume would be a stretch, but would be interesting perhaps
-Taki's SCIV bodysuit

Dampierre being DLC will be no surprise though, but I also think they should release another character. Either Zasalamel, Talim, or another new character.

Bangoo, I'm sure, will take a lot of work to do, so if he doesn't appear, I do understand about that.

Apparently, Yun-Seong's weapon is one of Leixia's in this game. That's why I didn't include him.

Next month's content is actually pretty great, especially that kimono.

But through a couple of months in the time span, I do see more CaS equipment in the mix, which can be pretty good. Of that equipment, I do look forward to more hairstyles, and, though I doubt it, more faces. Costumes and hairstyles from previous games, including default characters, is a must. Well, more like a want for me. In particular:

-Seong Mina's SCIV Ponytail
-Setsuka's SCIV Ponytail, or either of her SCIII hairstyles
-Gambler's Robe (from SC3)
-Ivy's SCIV costume would be a stretch, but would be interesting perhaps
-Setsuka's SCIII kimono
-Taki's SCIV bodysuit

Dampierre being DLC will be no surprise though, but I also think they should release another character. Either Zasalamel, Yun-Seong, or another new character.

Bangoo and Talim, I'm sure, will take a lot of work to do, so if they don't appear, I do understand about that.

If they Added Zaslamel the story mode could be forgiven.

-CAS pieces and lots of them. The more the merrier. I would really like to see more facial hair options for men and some more faces for a change. I wanna make an old wizard man with a beard longer than Santa's. And more hair styles. I want a frickin Seong Mina pony tail.

- More fighting styles. I want my Mina and Hwang please! Honestly, I just want my Chinese broad sword, zanbatou, scythe, mace, and elbow blades. Anything else would be appreciated, but is not necessary.

- More weapons. I always felt like 8 was a crappy number considering two are stock weapons and one is a lame ass joke weapon. It's not as necessary considering weapons don't have stats or effects in this game, but still, variety is nice for CAS.

- A patch to give me my damn infinite rounds back. I don't like having time limits. Yes, I can easily finish my fights before 60 seconds but I like being able to show my friends some stuff without having to go to training mode which is a pain in the ass.

- More stages? Couldn't hurt. I'll take them or leave them.

-

- A patch to give me my damn infinite rounds back. I don't like having time limits. Yes, I can easily finish my fights before 60 seconds but I like being able to show my friends some stuff without having to go to training mode which is a pain in the ass.

- More stages? Couldn't hurt. I'll take them or leave them.

No more infinite rounds?!?!?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

More stages certianly would be a nice addition. Like you said, the more the merrier!
If they can make more stages like the ones they have now, The ones that change as the round progresses and have interesting things going on in the backround. (Like when the soldiers battle the monsters in Siegfried's stage) I'd be more than happy to put down a few dollars for a pack of stages and some new fighting styles, and then after that there could be a CAS Items pack.

Back