Idea: Hype videos for nationals

Serge2HOT4U

[09] Warrior
Hey guys.

With SC4 Nationals coming up, and great people qualifying, i think it would be very cool if we made a hype video.
I don't have any video editing skills, but im sure a few people on the forums do.

Here are some ideas/inspirations/great hype vids from the past
Intro to Pride GP 2004: notice the focus on multiple athletes and an overarching theme. This is the best one i have ever seen
[Youtube=Pride GP 2004 Intro]RQPommve8JA[/youtube]

This is the best build up to a 1 on 1 i have ever seen, it captures the essence of both wrestlers
[Youtube=Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy promo]uXdoHHuKYas[/youtube]

This one is just creepy
[Youtube=Undertaker returns]MPc2LNLnSug[/youtube]

I like the use of music in this one, once again with multiple people
[Youtube=Throwback music]IgWYGSFBxDE[/youtube]

You all know this one. Oh My
[Youtube=Tables Ladders and CHAIRS]8gkKsXzT0hw[/youtube]

Dream and Pride >>>>> UFC in terms of intro vids
[Youtube=DREAM 4 intro]Iqnw5PXQJoA[/youtube]

So yeah, i hope someone out there is inspired enough to do something like this for nationals, and get the overall SC4 hype level up so that others will take notice

The Evo 08 DVD trailer is exactly what you're talking about, and it's awesome. Lemme link it:

[youtube=Evolution 2008 Trailer]xQ4Sg-IpOvE[/youtube]

Thing is, what do we have for SC4? A bunch of Hilde clips? My long combo is better?

This game just isn't gonna be that hype until the patch comes out. With players jumping ship on their characters to bandwagon on Hilde and Kilik, this game is gonna take a massive hit when SF4 comes out. Damn shame too, this game is just right, aside from a couple little things that make such a huge difference.

I think all you'd really need is footage of a comeback with a hyped crowd. A good announcer would go a long way too.

Just watching Ken parry Chun Li's super doesn't mean a whole lot to the standard onlooker, but with the crowd pops etc, then they know they're seeing some serious shit.

Thing is, what do we have for SC4? A bunch of Hilde clips? My long combo is better?

This game just isn't gonna be that hype until the patch comes out. With players jumping ship on their characters to bandwagon on Hilde and Kilik, this game is gonna take a massive hit when SF4 comes out. Damn shame too, this game is just right, aside from a couple little things that make such a huge difference.

Just because you suck Kowtow doesn't mean you need to wave around your emo flag whenever you get the chance. If it makes you feel any better you probably won't do well in SF4 either and Sagat will give you a whole new reason to let that flag flap in the wind.

I've been thinking of ways to do this. I just need to figure out a way to get all these polite Canadians to talk some shit on camera for me.

I guess we could start some PAY YO BILLS! chants or something. But there aren't any big revenge motifs to play off yet, and those are the easiest to play off of.

last 15 seconds to this vid has a fair amount of hyped crowd. - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4CDxzDEXuOs
just no awesome announcer.

LOL @ the comments for that vid:

"can't believe algol isn't banned here
he's too ridiculous with bubble spam"

and my favourite:

"I mean really wtf how do you get the assumption your good when you play with him he the mother^%$ boss of da game LG infinite you suk really bad man"

People must really hate Algol.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, we are already on it. We are in the process of putting together a hype video for nationals but I would love to hear your suggestions so that they hype video has the best chance of being good.

SF4 has problems of its own. Capcom tried a new approach though. Rather than patching, they added characters in hopes of making a more balanced matchup. We'll see if this works. I don't think it will.

Back