If they re-released Soulcalibur VI for next-gen, would you double dip?

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
We're almost at the end of current-gen, and Soulcalibur is just now making its debut in it. The PS5 and Xbox Scarlett are coming out in 2020, and like with any gen it'll leave the previous one in its wake. While many will inevitably point out "backwards compatibility!", which is good, but I was thinking what if they made an updated version of Soulcalibur VI for the next-gen consoles to keep the game alive and community active until Soulcalibur VII (which admittedly I don't think the wait will be as long unless something goes horribly wrong, but still). The idea uses Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition as an inspiration, as I think it handled the concept well.

Soulcalibur VI: Second Oath

- Platforms: PS5, Xbox Scarlett (physical/digital) would be the primary platforms. It'd also include PS4, Xbox One, PC as well either separate or as an update.
- Improved graphical and technical performances using the next-gen's power.
- All DLC characters. Which include the confirmed first season, as well as the second season and beyond, are available from the start.
- All CAS pieces, ranging from the default, to pre-order, to all DLC, are available from the start.
- All DLC features are added into the game as default.
- Quality of life changes, such as visual updates for the menus, a new character select that looks more like this to be less crowded due to all the DLC, and additional features.
- New features missing from the base game (not sure what they will be yet).
- Gameplay refinements/changes to improve the experience.

So what do you think? If the next-gen consoles had this as a launch title, would you buy?

I'm not sure if this one is considered "next-gen" but I would double dip for this though:

SoulCalibur VI: Switch Edition
- Includes Downloadable Content from Season One and Season Two
- Two version exclusive characters: Link and Ganondorf
- Version exclusive stage: Hyrule Field
- Exclusive Nintendo Character Creation parts
- Amiibo Support

Possibly, unless I already have all DLC char and backwards compatibility. I suppose you work for Namco. Kekeke.

If they would release Soul Calibur 3 on Steam - original or remake - i would buy it in addition to Soul Calibur 6 - already pre-purchased. And i'm sure i wouldn't be the only one !

Otherwise if they would release another Soul Calibur with breakable weapons like Soul Edge, i would buy it too in addition to Soul Calibur 6.

And even if they don't do that, i will buy all the season pass incoming for Soul Calibur 6, throw me all the characters in season pass, i'm ready to buy just that every year ! Setsuka, Cassandra, Hilde, etc. i'm ready ! XD

Almost certainly, though I should hope that the PS5 would be backwards compatible with the PS4. They don't have the PS3's weird cell architecture as an excuse this time. Ideally it would be backwards compatibility with enhancements, similar to how Xbox One handles BC for certain games, or how games are enhanced on the PS4 Pro.

Considering I'm buying the PC version probably wouldn't need to. I'll pick up the season pass (es) and all create-a-soul dlc (if priced reasonably) though for sure.

I think that would be a good excuse for them to make a second release of the game while adding new characters and features.

Soul Calibur VI: Here Comes the Clones (Mimic Edition)

Featuring: Cassandra, Amy, Rock, Edgemaster, Olcadan, Charade, Elysium, Kilik -mimic edition, and other chars to piss off everyone in the thread!

With extra special guest character Mokujin for even more mimicry!

I just came to the realization that I'm already double dipping as I'm buying a PS4 and PC version of the game...so technically if I bought a re-release of VI for next gen I will be triple dipping.

Soul Calibur VI: Here Comes the Clones (Mimic Edition)

Featuring: Cassandra, Amy, Rock, Edgemaster, Olcadan, Charade, Elysium, Kilik -mimic edition, and other chars to piss off everyone in the thread!

With extra special guest character Mokujin for even more mimicry!

You know what? As long as I get Olcadan...

um yes. I would have even double dipped for scv if they had released on ps4. If this game fails, the least they can do is put out a definitive edition on ps5, with all the characters across the timeline as a goodbye.e

Nope. That's not a practice that I condone, and I don't want them getting the wrong idea. There's absolutely zero need for a remaster of a game that will be a year and a half old. If this game does well, I want those resources allocated towards a proper sequel.

Back