if you only have 4 buttons for this game

MuffinMan123

[10] Knight
like the original arcade setup for this series, GABK, without those 4 extra buttons for the double press button press shortcuts, do you think you can still do well? how long do you think it will take you to get used to this change?

1066156441.jpg

Last edited:
It would be an interesting experiment to try out. I would be accidentally taunting mid-match a lot less.

I think Viola combos would be a bitch to do, though.

Last edited:
I already play like this except for a separate button for BE/GI. I think that its more comfortable and less prone to input mistakes.

like the original arcade setup for this series, GABK, without those 4 extra buttons for the double press button press shortcuts, do you think you can still do well? how long do you think it will take you to get used to this change?
Only use four buttons anyway.

yep just using only 4 buttons. Its been my stance that button binding shouldn't be allowed in tournaments.

Hellllll no.

On Tekken my shoulder buttons are binded to every corner of the pad. So X and O are R1. So when I'm playing Lili I'm mashing R1 like a motherfucker. Even if the move doesn't have a single X or a single O in it I can still mash R1 to perform it. Cunts at Tekken forums always debate about whether is illegal or not but they can fuck off. Big Hadara put it in the game so its legit. /argument.

Last edited:
Its the community that dictates the ruleset. Since right now, the community allows binding so I have to accept it.

For me, This whole "The developer put this in the game, so its legit" is not a very good argument cause it can be countered in such that a player can jump in CAS before the tournament make a Small sized crazy clothed <insert character here> and its legit because the developer put in CAS in the game.

PS Calling people "Cunts" is not cool especially theres no big reason to call them that...

Calling people cunts is cool actually since its an insult that is worthless. If I called them retards or inbreds it would imply something different and personal than 'anything generally bad' Like fucker or mongrel.

Yeah the "The developer put this in the game, so its legit" is a bad argument (hi Viola m8) maybe I should have said that it was the default setting, and banning the default setting is just not cricket.

Its the community that dictates the ruleset. Since right now, the community allows binding so I have to accept it.

Eeerrr no you don't, are you not part of the community? Are you something more? Or less? Are you enlightened? Have you found the key to true happiness? Do you think its your destiny!?

Playing a pad like a stick is not as good as playing a stick as a stick and therefore gives the pad a disadvantage without his neat shoulder buttons. Although admittedly it does feel rather dirty mashing King's long grab attacks with shoulder buttons but fuck them, fuck them for shitting on other people's preferences.

I guess I worded that a bit badly. TOs get their ruleset somewhere and most of the time they look into the community (or they make their own). So one community/tournament could have a different ruleset compared to another community/tournament. For example, Viola is banned on other areas but in the US its not or G22 is banned in the US but its alright on other countries. So my point is, if I were to join their tournaments or something, I have to conform on their rules.

Anyway for pads, it could be workable. If its just the 4 button rule, they could do something like:
Square - A
Triangle - B
L1 - K
R1 - G

calling someone a cunt is only not cool, but calling someone a phag makes you a terrible scum even though in both cases these 2 words degrade 2 underprivileged groups of people.

completely unrelated to anything you are saying, just wondering why people give cunt a pass over other words of similar purposes.

Last edited:
calling someone a cunt is only not cool, but calling someone a phag makes you a terrible scum even though in both cases these 2 words degrade 2 underprivileged groups of people.

completely unrelated to anything you are saying, just wondering why people give cunt a pass over other words of similar purposes.
women aren't underprivileged in any first world nation

I admit saying they are underprivileged is a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't say they are not fully equal yet either.

I admit saying they are underprivileged is a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't say they are not fully equal yet either.
They passed 'equal' status a long time ago while still clinging on to any double standard that benefits them. The only regard they're still disadvantaged in is that no matter how much they bitch and moan, nature won't flip a switch and make them equal to men. Ever.
Kind of makes you wonder if it really is just penis envy that makes them try (and in far too many recent cases, succeed) at ruining everything. RIP videogame industry, Github, GNOME, and all the other victims.

HEY GUYS JUST THOUGHT I'D WEIGH IN ON THE WOMEN'S RIGHT ISSUES DISCUSSED HERE

Jk, get that shit out of here.

I use stick. Standard binds for the most part:

A B K
G

Sometimes I bind the button underneath B to B+K. If I for some reason end up playing Yoshi I can slide the a:B+K every time.

And binds should always be allowable. Every other game allows it. Banning binds would be such a huge step backwards. Let's not even talk about it.

Back