I'll treat you right! Ivy character specifics

Ivy's input for her command throw, Calamity Symphony makes the shape of a cross. Given her quote "Now sing for these sinners", which occurs when performing the move, it may be intentional.

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me this pushback that Ivy does at 4A+B at closest range? What does it mean to me if it's 2 hits or 3?
thx

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me this pushback that Ivy does at 4A+B at closest range? What does it mean to me if it's 2 hits or 3?
thx

There are three hits to Ivy's 4A+B alone. However, on guard, the third one will completely whiff some characters' blocks. I believe this makes her 4A+B punishable. On other characters, all three will connect to their block if you are close enough, leaving you at neutral frames with them. It allows for some good mixups.

Well, putting an opponent at neutral frames gives you lots of mixup options. Especially if they don't know the frames. You could go for 66A which will kill lots of their step options, or backstep and try to whiff punish if they attack. You could try to get a CH 6KB, or CE or CS if they stand and block. And you could always try doing 4A+B's follow up for some major guard damage, but it can be stepped to one side.

Well, putting an opponent at neutral frames gives you lots of mixup options. Especially if they don't know the frames. You could go for 66A which will kill lots of their step options, or backstep and try to whiff punish if they attack. You could try to get a CH 6KB, or CE or CS if they stand and block. And you could always try doing 4A+B's follow up for some major guard damage, but it can be stepped to one side.
Can you get on xbox and fight my Ivy?

Apparently 3(K) (B) is not techable to the left for the characters that can escape it, *if* 3(K) hit at/near tipper range. It's a judgement call and hard to make on the fly so if you're not sure of the distance 2B is the best guaranteed damage you can get while keeping those characters down. Alternatively if they do know to tech in that direction somehow, 3A will catch them and give you legit 50/50s.

Back