Impact Clash IV Deliverance Results

Iceman just has mad respect for the ATL, but yeah they don't have to cater to shit.

Hey Iceman did my Siegfried look sexy against Clint when you recorded it at FR? lol

Hey Rob, I got your pm. Expect me very soon.......

Hell fucking yea dude LOL

But you know how it is man, one bad move and it's lights out.. You had that match, you had the crowd into it and down too one last match, one whiffed move cost you the matc.. and that was with you not even trainign with us.. JUST IMAGINE where you would be if you had been around more the past 6 months... grrrrraaaawwwwrrr

Yeah, I just wish Soul Calibur would stop crashing and burning but the game itself doesn't offer enough
in my opinion, Namco doesn't even try to support the series anymore. Ever since SC2, 3 and 4 just seem
rushed and not finished. Now, i've been out of the series for a long while but it seems nowadays that the games reward bull rushing and punish turtling. I guess enough people got mad at Rob and Mick in SC2 that they had to change the system. But yeah, I just wish that this community would bounce back and not try to be what it use to be, but something new and fun. If we all like Soul Calibur we're just gonna have to stick with it until Namco gets their shit together. (end rant)

Hey Ice, I remember that exact moment too, lol. First tournament in years but fuck dude I was thrilled to feel that good ol rush in my blood again. Also, I was told how to do a critical finish after the match.....looks awesome.

damn JTO, you got 4th in SF4? I'd like to see how your turtle style carries over to SF4.

Yeah, I just wish Soul Calibur would stop crashing and burning but the game itself doesn't offer enough
in my opinion, Namco doesn't even try to support the series anymore. Ever since SC2, 3 and 4 just seem
rushed and not finished. Now, i've been out of the series for a long while but it seems nowadays that the games reward bull rushing and punish turtling. I guess enough people got mad at Rob and Mick in SC2 that they had to change the system. But yeah, I just wish that this community would bounce back and not try to be what it use to be, but something new and fun. If we all like Soul Calibur we're just gonna have to stick with it until Namco gets their shit together. (end rant)

Hey Ice, I remember that exact moment too, lol. First tournament in years but fuck dude I was thrilled to feel that good ol rush in my blood again. Also, I was told how to do a critical finish after the match.....looks awesome.

Yuck, totally vague complaining from someone who admits they have been out of the series for a long while. Posts like these are so annoying. Just abstract complaints like ":rolleyes: namco get your shit together, your game doesn't offer enough" - what does that even mean? What is it you think they aren't offering you? I assume you've utilized all that the game has to offer, right? I sure hope you aren't complaining about the game being 85% complete when you're only playing it at 40% of what's possible...

If they gave a shit about the community they'd listen and fix the shit that's killing the game. They claim to care about the fans, but just the casual ones that buy anything with the name Soul Calibur on it. So you, can you please tell me why this game isn't taken seriously anymore? Can you tell me why it's the laughing stock of the whole fighting game community? And yes, can you tell me why the Soul Calibur scene just keeps dying? Something has to be wrong.....

Now, it doesn't offer enough as in the series has become stale and boring. You can be offended all you want but whatever. You can hang around and pray to God that some mega awesome glitch or some groundbreaking strat is found to where it completely revives the game, but don't dream too much.

I'm gonna play the game but only because of the people that I can play it with. FOR ME, it's hard to take it seriously.

No disrespect btw.

If they gave a shit about the community they'd listen and fix the shit that's killing the game. They claim to care about the fans, but just the casual ones that buy anything with the name Soul Calibur on it. So you, can you please tell me why this game isn't taken seriously anymore? Can you tell me why it's the laughing stock of the whole fighting game community? And yes, can you tell me why the Soul Calibur scene just keeps dying? Something has to be wrong.....

Now, it doesn't offer enough as in the series has become stale and boring. You can be offended all you want but whatever. You can hang around and pray to God that some mega awesome glitch or some groundbreaking strat is found to where it completely revives the game, but don't dream too much.

I'm gonna play the game but only because of the people that I can play it with. FOR ME, it's hard to take it seriously.

No disrespect btw.
Good Post nighty.

Fuck the so called disrespect.. fact is fact, SCII I thought lasted longer then all the rest and SCI was THE BEST... which is sad after 4 installments.

Like i said in a previous thread... SC NEVER lasts longer than 8 months... SC2 lasted a year maybe a year in a half upon further review but then again Mick 7 Rob OWNED the scene and due to such a LARGE learning curve between those two and the rest of the community... well the rest is history.
SC3 was so broken im not sure if it lasted 6 months maybe less.

People sooo hyped about having SC4 at EVO YET the Nationals and T.i.T. is where the stiffest talent and competition will be this year and as for next year... bet a hundred SC4 will be not only be an after thought, it will barely be an option for next seasons EVO and the game will DIE after July 28th 2009.

Not only that, the SC community is filled with so many softies why should you have a game last longer, hell they wouldn't know how to handle it if guys (Like myself) who grew up on 2D made a FULL conversion and put in the same amount of time and effort and EXCELLED in there favorite 3D game, cats would quit left and right
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would Like some feed back ladies and gentlemen.. FROM EVERYONE.

The First take, first long ass preview, please review and comment in the Ga Thread thanks

http://www.zshare.net/video/597403991c36eb0b/

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=6706...T6ZM5EGESGZ3S3

Well, I wrote up a long reply for you Nighty but I decided it's just not worth it. I know you have your opinion and I have mine. So I'll just say, likewise, no disrespect and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but SC4 is a pretty good game and it doesn't look like it's dying around here to me. Still some major events coming up. I just feel like people often jump on the bandwagon with whatever influence others are giving them about the game instead of judging it for themselves. Either that, or they get frustrated with losing and give up, labeling the game lame/boring/stale/etc. Just different players react to that differently I guess.

Also, people build up so much nostalgia for old games that they enjoyed that there's pretty much no way to satisfy them with a new game. If you give them a game very similar to the old one, they won't like it because there isn't much new and fresh about it. If you give them a highly changed, almost entirely new game that plays differently than old games, people will hate it because they're extremely set in their ways and really do not want to learn anything new and just want to sit down and automatically be as good at this game as they were at their old game. If they can't be, the game sucks.

Blah, I wrote a lot anyways.. fail

My plea is just for people to stop worrying about the game and try to overcome the losses and enjoy learning new tricky shit that new games have made available

sc3 is not broken. sc3 had a couple gay moves in it, but only X was broken, and she was beatable. Sc4 is more broken than sc3 was cause of Hilde, Algol, and Amy (amy isn't broken but comparable to sc2/3 X). VC wasn't broken.
I don't see why people say sc4 is so much better than sc3. sc4 is flashier and has prettier moves and shit, but which game is more fun....I haven't decided yet....sc4 is so god damn slow.

Well, I wrote up a long reply for you Nighty but I decided it's just not worth it. I know you have your opinion and I have mine. So I'll just say, likewise, no disrespect and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but SC4 is a pretty good game and it doesn't look like it's dying around here to me. Still some major events coming up. I just feel like people often jump on the bandwagon with whatever influence others are giving them about the game instead of judging it for themselves. Either that, or they get frustrated with losing and give up, labeling the game lame/boring/stale/etc. Just different players react to that differently I guess.

Also, people build up so much nostalgia for old games that they enjoyed that there's pretty much no way to satisfy them with a new game. If you give them a game very similar to the old one, they won't like it because there isn't much new and fresh about it. If you give them a highly changed, almost entirely new game that plays differently than old games, people will hate it because they're extremely set in their ways and really do not want to learn anything new and just want to sit down and automatically be as good at this game as they were at their old game. If they can't be, the game sucks.

Blah, I wrote a lot anyways.. fail

My plea is just for people to stop worrying about the game and try to overcome the losses and enjoy learning new tricky shit that new games have made available

I agree, no use flaming each other when it'll get no where. I can respect your opinion and see where you're coming from. But maybe the community just needs a huge ass flame war to spark some hype and all.

And yeah, it's hard to stop typing when you're trying to get a point across isn't it?

sc3 is not broken. sc3 had a couple gay moves in it, but only X was broken, and she was beatable. Sc4 is more broken than sc3 was cause of Hilde, Algol, and Amy (amy isn't broken but comparable to sc2/3 X). VC wasn't broken.
I don't see why people say sc4 is so much better than sc3. sc4 is flashier and has prettier moves and shit, but which game is more fun....I haven't decided yet....sc4 is so god damn slow.

Are you damn High...

Man Swordlord.. you talkign out your ass.

The Soul Calibur COMMUNITY named the most butchered and important glitch in the game, that back grab glitch where if your back was turned, your opponent will still go through the motion of a grab, while you cancel and go into another grab maybe a combo which Astro characters butchered til' the point they had to ban that and multiple other sequences

I must agree with Iceman about the whole video thing. Someone in the Street Fighter community bought in their laptop and offered to use it for ustreaming the footage live so that people at home would be able to enjoy it. This was someone in the scene who came in with their laptop, their TV capture card and set it up so everyone could enjoy it. He even left his laptop there and left the tournament for about two hours leaving his equipment there for us to use. When the stream went down he himself went and fixed it and put it back up for people to watch without asking me or anyone and then he went and posted at SRK it was back up. People within the scene came up and offered to give commentary over the microphone as well for people who were at home to watch. And I didn't ask these people to do it. They did it for the heart of the scene. Had anyone from Soul Calibur would've offered this service I would've gladly allowed them to do it. Or had someone came up to me and said "There's a VCR there do you have any tapes to record the matches with" I would've gladly given them tapes and whatever they needed to set it up to record but believe me, I was swamped with so many tasks that I couldn't concentrate on everything. No tournament organizer will every deny you of recording matches, streaming matches, etc. Like Iceman said we don't make any extra money off recording videos or anything. And Iceman and myself uploaded several videos after Impact Clash II and many of the comments were attacking fellow ATL players stating how they weren't good and the like. I think the video in which Iceman was referring to when someone was talking about how bad Big Boy's Lizardman was was this video here: look at the comments and both players were ATL players. I don't think ATL has been getting the respect it deserves. Especially with the comment about banning RTD. He's a good players and he's from Atlanta. No wonder much of Atlanta (Wing_Zero, Big Boy, JTO) stated after Nationals they are more than likely through with Soul Calibur.

The Soul Calibur COMMUNITY named the most butchered and important glitch in the game, that back grab glitch where if your back was turned, your opponent will still go through the motion of a grab, while you cancel and go into another grab maybe a combo
yea, i really wish that was still in sc4. That wasn't broken for the most part cause it was very hard to land with just about every character (and grabs are breakable anywayz). It was so satisfying to land back turned grab cancels on people...like, super fun. Setsuka's B grab was much cheaper than that, but even that was cool, I didn't have a problem with that mainly cause her A grab was shit in sc3. Zas' glitch grab wasn't too bad either, lil better than Setsuka's cause he had a better A grab. Lizardman's glitch grab was the most broken shit in the game, easily (but most didn't use Lizarman seriously, so it didn't matter so much). love that game tho. everything in sc4 seems laggy, then you go online and it feels SUPER laggy.

Huh? Try finishing that please....

He Can't plus from what I've read and heard he is the whackest player on this site and doesn't deserve the right to speak in my direction let alone in the same thread as a GOD like me.

It's not like I am lying about the damn glitch and the fact that it changed how the game was played UNTIL it was banned along with 4 other things, I honestly feel SC3 had the most banned tactics then any other fighting game int he past decade.

If he's upset that I said the Soul community is fickle... nikka get over it, even the top players in soul realize, recognize analyzed and have come to the very same conclusion, everyone can't beat as solid in there mind and game play ask Enkindu or KDZ or Eddy Pistons, those guys I can see being dominant in a world OUTSIDE soul, that's why they understand parameters of gaming better, that's why you NEVER see or hear them posting complaints on game style brokeness etc.

As much as the community sucks up to Oofmatic, the saddest part to that... no one has taken the most valuable lesson to learn which is, How to train, learn your craft, level up and dominate.
Until that happens, 3D gamers won't get there respect, the same as smash players, #D will always be treated as the SIDE tourny and only 3D gamers will watch and enjoy.

I shouldn't have to but you guys are apparently too retarded to figure out what I meant. You really think people quit the game because of a backturned glitch? lol If you're gonna correct someone don't just pile on more incorrect information.

Back