Importance of Step 6G

DarkSlayer

[09] Warrior
Hey guys,

i want to share a technique which i know about since forever.

Now while some people know about this, many many players (even top players) don't know and they don't use it. So to make high level play even more high level i made this little video for you.

Even though its very obvious, i'll make a quick explanation:

Basically you step, without risking a CH. You just input 2_8 ~ 6:G (6G at the last step frames for the best step) .
With this you're still able to step verticals (not all , but you'll step what you wanted to step) but you won't eat a CH while you step.

It is important to know which move you want to step.
If you have enough time you can 6G every anti step (see video: 2A ~ 44A example).

It takes away the risk of stepping drastically in many situations - obviously best to use against good CH anti-steps (Ivy: BB ~ 4A CHs step , gives combo. 6G avoids CH combo).

Video:

PS: If there is a thread about this, move my post pls. Sorry couldn't find it.

EDIT: I'm stepping 6B in the video.

Last edited:
Seems moderately difficult to get used to at first, interesting though, I'll put it to use next time I play.

How many frames does that shave off the vulnerability?

Bump because people need to see this.

MKL, I don't think it shaves off any frames from your vulnerability, it just makes it so you don't eat a ch for trying to step, just a normal hit.

This could change a few things as far as strategy and anti-character goes. But I really am curious as to how much it will change. The question is, do you step to ensure less damage and CH safety with 6G, or risk the CH by choosing to use a counter-offensive tool? (ie: Pyrrha 22B/Natsu 22A)

If nothing else, it should add another option to think about.

Last edited:
Back