In-Depth Move Data Sheet

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
click above

I got tired of looking at 3-5 spread sheets just to figure everything out about a move...so I took the very long and tedious task of building a super spreadsheet. Every move, even glitches, and every aspect about that move:

• Level
  • Damage
  • Soul Damage
  • Impact - THIS IS THE MOVE'S SPEED
  • Block Frame
  • Hit Frame
  • CH Frame
  • Effect
  • CH Effect
  • Block Effect
  • Hits Ground
  • Rings out
  • and another column devoted to anything unique to the move such as GIing, or avoid certain attacks, etc...

This is a HUGE data collection so I'm gonna need help. You can help by editing the open spreadsheet! Please follow instructions below.

Code:
[B]Instructions to EDIT![/B]

Go to [URL="http://spreadsheets.google.com"]Spreadsheets.Google.com[/URL]. 

[B]Log in as[/B]: [email]8wayrun@yahoo.com[/email]
[B]Password[/B]: 8wayrun8

If you make ANY edits, please post what changes are made so they can be disputed! Also be sure to keep it in the format (especially coloring) that I have worked so hard to implement. With this we can make this more and more accurate and not depend on my lazy ass lol.

Some asshole has fucked this up for everyone by altering the account

Best Ivy Data Sheet Ever! (Help out!)

Getting a lot of data and some of it contradicts others or seems uncertain. Please post any corrections. A lot of moves seem similar but for being safe on accuracy I'm putting a ??? where the info is uncertain. EX: warble CL_WP g7_8B...maybe the same as SW 7_8B but I'm not sure yet.

I have no clue how to test frame data. so please give me the most reliable reference to adapt.

Hopefully this will be 95% done by the end of this week. From there it should be stickied.

g7_8B is the jump cancelled version of 7_8B it is a frame faster and TJs a frame sooner. However basically all 8_9 moves can be done like this so it's probably not necessary to put it in.

I want this thing to be as technical as possible. The fact that there is a difference and not every person knows the warble move, it's nice to see it and go "hey what's that" and then go on to learn it is slightly different than SW 7_8B.

Also whats TJ again (too many damn acronyms to remember!)

[edit] - tech jump?

Whew...jesus...

Ok I have put out every move, soul damage, impact data, block stun, hit stun, and CH stun I can find. It's pretty much complete in those areas but there are a few holes. Help me out!

I'll be inputting all damage, levels, effects, block effects, CH effects, ring out, ground hit, notes ASAP. I have the sword state finished however.

Now lets get this stickied!

Nice work. I'd stick this, but I think I would need dittO's approval to do this, he's the boss here :) maybe he could merge this with the original frame data and SG damage topics or something.

Nice work. I'd stick this, but I think I would need dittO's approval to do this, he's the boss here :)
Yo Ring!
Of course you DON'T need any approval from me whenever you want to sticky something or anything else. I'm certainly NO boss here and i don't want to be treated like that. ;PPP

Now, about sticky-ing threads.
There are many people (as far as I've noticed) in other Soul Arenas, that are complaining about mods creating many stickys. However there are other solutions such as this:
maybe he could merge this with the original frame data and SG damage topics or something.
or something like that.

However Ivyfanboy has really made a very fine job collecting all these info, and i'm sure this has been very time consuming (although I don't really have the time right now to check if all these are 100% correct).
If this Data sheet is completed and tested, I think, soon it will be stickied by me or Ring.

Currently all data is derived ONLY from the currently stickied results. All levels, damage, and effect are tested personally by me and are double checked with the official guide.

So all frame data, block stun, ch stun, soul guage, etc...is exactly what is all ready stickied. Any doubts are marked with the ???

So feel safe about getting putting it up

In-Depth Move Data Sheet (Work In Progress)

Ok, it's been stickied. ;)
(I just hope no-one will whine at me or Ring, for many stickies)

About the description in iCS:

I think the input should be like this: "3214391:A+G" (because ":" indicates a JF move)
And the description should be something like this: "Press 1 & A+G Simultaneously"

Added. Finish Serpent's Embrace. Working on coiled (need to add in the difference between AA+K (close) and AA+K (far))

Well, I completely forgot (and I'm sorry for that), that most (If not all) of all these numbers/frames about Ivy's moves etc have been initially brought to us by Linkrkc. So, HE is the one that should be asked in the first place, If he wanted to see his data used by another member...

(Should I assume that he (Linkrkc), was aware of all this?)

Oh, it's fine with me. I never thought of it as "my" data. Yeah, I collected it all, but if I didn't someone else would have.

I appreciate the consideration, though. =)

Naturally major credit goes to those that tested the frame data and etc initially. However, I'm merely condensing the findings for convenience, not taking credit (aside from my color coding efforts w00t!).

I originally made this form own use as I'm going to my first big tournament and I need a good sheet to study and I was really annoyed having to constantly look at all sheets at separate times and trying to remember what the hell wen with what. A lot of "hmmm that move is safe on block stun...but how fast did it impact...fuck where's the other sheet". I'm merely releasing my personal copy while at the same time throwing it's missing data out for the community to help me fill for my benefit as well.

If anyone can tell me how to test frame data though i would like to try to fill in the blanks!

Another big day.

So nearly every moves: Level, Damage, Soul Damage, Impact Frame, Block Frame, Hit Frame, CH Frame has been done!

There are still some ??? 's still left though. When I get the next available time I will be completing coiled and whips hit effects, CH effects, block effects, RO, ground hit, and Notes.

There is some controversy with my book on stuns. I have the official guide. It says:

Double Over Stun, Fall Back Stun = recoverable
Crumple Stun, Hop Stun, Spin Stun, Tremble Stun, Writhering Stun = vulnerable

I'm noticing this is not always true. EX: CL 6AK is causes Tremble stun but we all know it's recoverable. I also need to verify some of this data against the 1.01-1.03 patches. Some damage has changed and some stuns are different. EX: CL CH 33A is listed as a Crumple Stun but actually is a Double Over Stun.

So we're at the final leg of getting the main bulk of this done and from there we need lots of nit picking. Also anyone who could tell me how to test frame data please do and I will attempt to fill the gaps myself!

Here's how I did it. I took known move speeds (found by Sacharja) and my goal was to find trades.

As as example, to find Ivy's K hit frames, I would hit the dummy (Taki) with K, then immediately do another K (i13). Kicks don't clash, so they're better to use when possible. Taki's K is i13 as well, and I had her recorded to K as the second action. In this instance, Taki CH Ivy, which means the frames aren't even (i13 didn't trade with i13). I then found a i14 move for Taki (since her attack won) and repeated the test. The two moves both connected, so I knew it was -1. It's a very brief explanation, and I'm trying to explain this while falling asleep, but I hope that makes some sense.

Here's how I did it. I took known move speeds (found by Sacharja) and my goal was to find trades.

As as example, to find Ivy's K hit frames, I would hit the dummy (Taki) with K, then immediately do another K (i13). Kicks don't clash, so they're better to use when possible. Taki's K is i13 as well, and I had her recorded to K as the second action. In this instance, Taki CH Ivy, which means the frames aren't even (i13 didn't trade with i13). I then found a i14 move for Taki (since her attack won) and repeated the test. The two moves both connected, so I knew it was -1. It's a very brief explanation, and I'm trying to explain this while falling asleep, but I hope that makes some sense.
Hmm I'll see in my spare time if i can do this.

If it's not to much trouble would you be willing to fill those blanks in your time?

... if you've been using the data I collected, don't you think I tried to fill in those blanks before posting it?

Back