Iron CAS

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Tell us, what is Iron CAS, Pocky Yoshi?

It's simple as this vid:

This challenge will function just like Le_Bello's except you're allowed to make 1-3 CAS tops. The only differing factor is just like that vid, Pocky Yoshi reveals the "hidden ingredient" and you have to build around it. No exceptions.

I could care less if I reveal a ninja mask and you make a silly trollful creation with it or so. But do know you want peeps to be wowed by you and not the opposite if you want to win. This is a CAS contest based on: whose CAS will rock the item best?

I'll leave the judgement and arrangement to Le_Bello but Pocky Yoshi will chime in if he needs to. The awards are just titles like:

People's choice. Meaning anyone can vote but creators/competitors can't vote for themselves.
As for how the vote works? Sure 3 entries would make things complicated at first, but it's to show off the talent by presenting your skill and giving yourself a fighting chance. Just pick your favorite design(s) from the artist and cast your vote.
There won't be a Le_Bello or a Pocky Yoshi choice awards. Sorry. But, we'll vote like regular people ^^; Odd choice award. Pocky Yoshi choice award basically.

So do you all have what it takes to impress with CAS?

Today's hidden ingredient is:

Tiger Lily Greaves

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask here.

Edit: Duration is 7 days. You can have up to 3 CAS.

But since this is a first run, I'll be lenient and give it a week to see how this pans out. Starting from May 20th-May26th. On May 26th, the voting begins and ends at May 28th.

2nd edit: No DLC items or white knight and dark knight stuff will be used as hidden ingredient. Not everyone is able to have it.

3rd edit: You're allowed to utilize anything as long as the secret ingredient is there. Including DLC. If CAS piece of secret ingredient is covered up, take a pic of your CAS again showing the item.

4th edit: Odd choice awards added.

5th edit: New rule added just to ease problems like these again: If tied, you have a choice to go overtime in a thread I will make for overtime challenges

6th edit: A new rule. Every 8 challenges the 9th one becomes someone picks the secret ingredient.

1st challenge voting poll(tiger lily greaves)
Leona 1
Vilarcane 7
Mephie 3
Noregrets 2
chobek 1
Winner of the Iron CAS (Tiger lily greaves): Vilarcane
Odd choice award winner: Leona

2nd challenge voting poll(long-sleeved dress)
chobek 6
Fliptop 6
Winner of the Iron CAS (long sleeved dress): A tie between chobek and Fliptop
Odd choice award winner: MistaKoo

3rd challenge voting poll(Archery breast plate)
Freemeal 1
ThePascuzzi 6
Mistakoo 3
noregrets 1
chobek 2
Winner of the Iron CAS (Archery breast plate): ThePascuzzi
Odd choice award winner: Noregrets

4th challenge voting poll(Kittymeow head)
NeclordX 2
Mephie 3
Matty82 7
Mistakoo 1
Holycarp 3
Winner of the Iron CAS (Kittymeow head): Matty82
Odd choice award winner: Jess

5th challenge voting poll(Arm warmers)
Mistakoo 1
Maisie 1
Vilarcane 1
HolyCarp 3
FreeMeal 1
Matty82 1
Winner of the Iron CAS (Arm warmers): HolyCarp
Odd choice award winner: Mistakoo

6th challenge voting poll(New Centurion)
Mistakoo 1
NeclordX 1
FreeMeal 2
HolyCarp 5
Winner of the Iron CAS(New Centurion): HolyCarp
Odd choice winner: Mistakoo

7th challenge voting poll(Cloth wrap)

Mistakoo 5
DJdoubleB 1
Fliptop 4
Winner of Iron CAS(Cloth wrap): Mistakoo
Odd choice winner: Fliptop

8th challenge voting poll(Mummified)
Mistakoo 1
chobek 3
FreeMeal 3
Winner of Iron CAS(Mummified): chobek and FreeMeal
Odd choice winner: HolyCarp

9th challenge voting poll(Baihu Coat) Donutman's pick

Gatsu 2
Mistakoo 1
chobek 6
rdmunhoz 1

Winner of Iron CAS(Baihu's Coat): chobek
Odd choice winner: Gatsu

10th challenge voting poll(Hannya Mask)

VILARCANE 1
DJdoubleB 1
Gatsu 7
chobek 1

Winner of Iron CAS(Hannya Mask): Gatsu
Odd choice winner: HolyCarp

11th challenge voting poll(Demon King's Pauldrons)

*placeholder for votes*

Winner of Iron CAS(Demon King's Pauldrons):
Odd choice winner:

I can't see the video. This is all there is in your spoiler:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

From the depths of the human mind, I give you...

LUST

QRvXk.jpg

W2iLC.jpg

6015f.jpg

63bhO.jpg

The hidden ingridient (with extra spice)

uuyft.jpg

QUOTES:

-Call me OJOUSAMA!
-Mongrel!
-Ziiiiiiiip

If you don't want this kind of thing happen again, please, never ask me again to do something around a sexy garterbelt because the only thing will come to my mind are dirty thoughts.

DOH! I just realized I did HUGE mistake, is Tiger Lily Greaves, not Tiger Lily sotckings...damn english. Anyway even if all the character was constructed around the wrong item I like how the character looks (and I'm to lazy to start from zero) so...I just added Geaves

BTW, is that Mark Dacascos? O_o

Leona, it's fine. As long as it has the CAS piece I want in there, anyone can make a fluffy cat head wearing the greaves or whatever. Pocky Yoshi is testing to see thine creativity with an item. So far Leona, you've set the bar.

I love this thread idea, it's kind of how I felt the fairy challenge worked (in a sense).

Perhaps for future challenges, you could include a description or list of similar parts, or parts of a set, to give more options? For example, the fairy thread implied using any of the fairy DLC wings, which there were 2 of. An example of what I mean could be Leviathan items (meaning any/all)

I love the idea but you should go with something more significant, you know.
What about Tengu Mask? or maybe Nightmare's Helmet? Or that dragon head? Something that really makes you change the whole design to adapt the item.

Leona, it's fine. As long as it has the CAS piece I want in there, anyone can make a fluffy cat head wearing the greaves or whatever. Pocky Yoshi is testing to see thine creativity with an item. So far Leona, you've set the bar.

Good to know then, and thank you! May I ask how long the duration of each round will be? The original post implied that it might be daily, which would definitely force competitors to be creative in a pinch.

Good to know then, and thank you! May I ask how long the duration of each round will be? The original post implied that it might be daily, which would definitely force competitors to be creative in a pinch.

Check blue text on first post.

I love the idea but you should go with something more significant, you know.
What about Tengu Mask? or maybe Nightmare's Helmet? Or that dragon head? Something that really makes you change the whole design to adapt the item.

Sorry, but you're not the one choosing. In the show Iron chef you're expected to make something out of that one unexpected ingredient.

I love this thread idea, it's kind of how I felt the fairy challenge worked (in a sense).

Perhaps for future challenges, you could include a description or list of similar parts, or parts of a set, to give more options? For example, the fairy thread implied using any of the fairy DLC wings, which there were 2 of. An example of what I mean could be Leviathan items (meaning any/all)

Well, I'll think about it. Unlike the fairy idea thread, this thread has no theme. Therefore, you have to make up something out of scratch. Creativity and imagination is your friend. If I say "all", it kinda kills diversity. Because then if I say utilize all Leviathan, that's like me giving the whole theme and little to change it. If I just say one piece, I can expect peeps to mix and match anything as long as the piece is there.

It's like making do with Yoshi's limited stuff and making something out of it no matter the theme. I mean, I made a crab Yoshi, Gatsu made a demonic yoshi, Vilarcane made a mummy yoshi. In general, utilize thine creativity and imagination.

Because unlike dressing up Yoshi which is tedious, you only have to worry about that one piece and building around it. But since I saw Leona add her own flavor to it by building around the Changbao yet keeping the greaves I want on there, it's fine.

This is a test to see which person can take an item and make something out of it.

Anyways, check my first post for some "blue" text of importance.

This challenge may seem hard at first because you have no idea what item I pick, but that's how this thread works: Being ready for the unexpected

If I say "all", it kinda kills diversity. Because then if I say utilize all Leviathan, that's like me giving the whole theme and little to change it. If I just say one piece, I can expect peeps to mix and match anything as long as the piece is there.
Ahh, I'm sorry, I was meaning to get the idea across as the way Iron Chef will give a secret ingredient, but there are always multiple types of the ingredient. Say in battle CHEESE, they have Swiss, American, pepper jack, so on and so forth, so in IRON CAS: BATTLE LEVIATHAN (again, just an example since it has only 3 parts), a creator could choose to use one, two, or three parts of the secret ingredient, depending on the creator's choice.

I will still participate regardless, as it's still a great thread idea :)

Ahh, I'm sorry, I was meaning to get the idea across as the way Iron Chef will give a secret ingredient, but there are always multiple types of the ingredient. Say in battle CHEESE, they have Swiss, American, pepper jack, so on and so forth, so in IRON CAS: BATTLE LEVIATHAN (again, just an example since it has only 3 parts), a creator could choose to use one, two, or three parts of the secret ingredient, depending on the creator's choice.

I will still participate regardless, as it's still a great thread idea :)

I understand what you meant, but then I felt too much "ingredients" can sometimes be a little overwhelming. So let's say I do Leviathan chest is revealed. I could care less if you put the whole armor. As long as the item I want is there, everything is a-okay.

I would do 2-3 items, but then I have to remember certain peeps aren't as creative as me or you. At first making something based on one item seems rather tough, but even someone simple as me can say Leviathan chest piece and just whip out crab Yoshimitsu as an entrant haha. So in general, anything can enter as long as the piece is there.

And boy do I sound like a broken record. Pardon my post.

Seems like a fun game, I'm in. First CAS I post here btw.
I rarely make original CAS since they rarely satisfy me so this was a refreshing change.

wLtbR.jpg

OsJI8.jpg

ZaDlq.jpg

XN9Zj.jpg

For some reason I felt it was necessary to give her a bio, so here goes:
The Lily (how imaginative!) is a European thief. She's a master of her craft and people can barely spot her let alone catch her, that's why She wears bright white and flashy colors to taunt them. She leaves a lily (or other flowers) in place of the items she stole. She's a good person despite being a thief, it's just that she can't help her attraction to shiny stuff. Her newest collection is weapons, she already stole a sword from Ivy and another from Raphael. She wants Soul Calibur next.
(I can't believe I wrote all this).

I feel that mine is inferior because of the crappy photos. Also that ugly color is supposed to be black.

I see what you mean, Yoshi ^^

Nice first creation post, Koo! A bit simple, but overall not bad for someone who doesn't make originals. Welcome to the CAS boards

Well I dont do many originals cuz everytime I look at my designs I think they look horrible XD
But there you go...
Wanya(read Vania), she is what I call "Ice Summoner Knight" she is one of the commanders from the army of a reign that studies the art of summoning ice elementals...after losing his brother in a battle against the obscure dark summoners, she travels the world searching for that black hooded mage who killed him. She doesnt know that her destiny will take her to the leadership of an army resulted from the alliance between the 4 reigns against the dark army. (cliche bio is cliche).

Btw, she used to wear some more heavy clothes, but since she is not in the cold regions of her reign anymore...
k5HZO.jpg

Back