Is a Nightmare nerf coming? =(

B+K~G: stupid change but IMO not damaging in any significant way

I just realized why they made this change. It was to prevent us from being able to have a form of backdash cancelling.

Props to Project Soul for seeing this ahead of time and acting on it.

Atleast we can still have a gigantic backstep by using B+K.

Is B+K into G really slower than before, i tried it after patch and it feels the same to me. Anyone have some data on this ?

It is patched for me, Europeans on PS3 have had the patch for the whole day. Surprisingly out of all the nerfs to my characters, the backdash nerf is the most annoying in my opinion.

B+K G during transition is the same, G from NSS feels slower, but I cant compare it now since i have 1.02.

Backdash is...
well most ppl are happy but...

20 frames is just too much, most characters backdash animation takes about 20 frames so it's really feels fucked up imo. Also there was some nice technology with fast g[4], now it's gone.

B+K G during transition is the same, G from NSS feels slower, but I cant compare it now since i have 1.02.

Backdash is...

20 frames is just too much, almost all of NM and most characters backdash animation takes about 20 frames so it's really feels fucked up imo. Also there was some nice technology with fast g[4], now it's gone.
Tumblr_lxrjvciEqJ1qiany7.gif

that oversized bitty needs a minor nerf, his damage and speed is so outta balance that should've been sorted out or his CE needs to be toned down

in all fighting game you must know that generally speed = loss of strength and vice versa, same with difficulty
and regardless what you say NM is fast in comparison to his strength
Also his CE I havent really tried it myslef but from what I've seen having a aGI CE which does that amount of damage just seems dumb, so I would've liked that either one of the above were addressed but ahwell

in all fighting game you must know that generally speed = loss of strength and vice versa, same with difficulty
and regardless what you say NM is fast in comparison to his strength
Also his CE I havent really tried it myslef but from what I've seen having a aGI CE which does that amount of damage just seems dumb, so I would've liked that either one of the above were addressed but ahwell
He has damage like that because of how unsafe he is. About his CE, Xiba's does more damage if it aGI than NM's CE aGI CE (110>80)

Backdash is...

20 frames is just too much, most characters backdash animation takes about 20 frames so it's really feels fucked up imo. Also there was some nice technology with fast g[4], now it's gone.

can you do back step and cancel into WR moves? or just crouching in general.

I just realized why they made this change. It was to prevent us from being able to have a form of backdash cancelling.

Props to Project Soul for seeing this ahead of time and acting on it.

Atleast we can still have a gigantic backstep by using B+K.
That's exactly why I was annoyed with that. B+KG is for backdash canceling. And in SC4 you could also backdash cancel with AG if I remember correctly.

: (

now i must learn to play this character without running away xD

Edit: hteng, no you cant. Only moves like 1k or 2A or so but not crouching itself.

It suck because 1K is not a good TC move

That's exactly why I was annoyed with that. B+KG is for backdash canceling. And in SC4 you could also backdash cancel with AG if I remember correctly.

I retract what I said after playing around with the patch a little. Seems you can use B+Kg to cancel your backdash and recover quicker. Not sure by how much though.

Back