Is Raphael Really Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColtZz

[08] Mercenary
I Main Raphael and i'm having a little bit of a problem, I played some people and they side-stepped me a lot. I use the preperation stance alot and while in prep the duck stance. (Sorry im not sure what its called) I try to be very evasive and I mostly win. My only problem is that I fear in the future it will be really rough with people side stepping... Should I pick up a more solid character or does raphael have something I dont know?

Find the videos on youtube of Aris playing Raph... it's just sick how he lays on the beats, and the dude he was playing was certainly no slouch.

Find the videos on youtube of Aris playing Raph... it's just sick how he lays on the beats, and the dude he was playing was certainly no slouch.

Yeah, I Use him like Aris does but I try to be a little more evasive. He's definitley good i'd like to play him, Is he on this forum ?

I haven't seen him here, but I know he's active over at the other forum of which we do not speak.

About stopping steppers and 8wrs.

One thing I realize when people step iagainst you you shoudl see if they plan to step attack or step grab (and how long it takes them to do it). Knowing this..you can either counter step them --which is surprisingly easy(which very soon people will stop trying to step you if you connect) or put a well timed 22B. If you let your opponant step you and see how long it takes for them to make a move..you can take a guess throw a 22B for a counter hit.

Lastly if your opponants play like BB -step BB -step ..you can just walk backwards while they step ..and slip out of their BB range (sometimes). Toss in some 44B (which tracks decently) and opponants' lows, 2A, highs and grabs will be more hesitant.

Yeah, As I went on i found out how to beat people who try to sidestep, It's quite easy. I Found some tech traps and its a rap lol.

Alright so I see someone was recommending videos of Aris's Raph, and I felt it would be VERY good to mention that the video was posted on 8/30/08 which I THINK is BEFORE the 1.03 patch. Since you are having trouble with step it is virtually useless to watch videos prior to the patch, because he had the BB with near 100% tracking.

Raph anti step main options you got
Far range (like round start distance) you got 66A which will track both sides and is safe on block. Drawbacks are that it is a high and unless used at far range they can step either side. I still feel this is important as his primary distance anti step though.

Other options you got for tracking both sides are 2A (spam this when they are in range), WS A (rather slow but good move), and 44A.

As for dealing with step from Prep stance, it's really not that complicated, just do prep into a throw, or sway B. If they are stepping your prep A, the timing will be such that a sway B will re-align since it is so much slower, and thus it will track them as their sidestep is ending.

All those are good. There's also:

SEA A - good frames on block, but it's a high
4A - bad frames; but good dmg, deceptive range, and evasive (I use this a lot, probably too much)
1A - I think this only tracks to one side though

4A is negative on hit ..but since it hits people's sides.. sometimes the opponant can only do backturned moves ..which hopefully helps you cut down on their options.

If you catch a 8wring opponant with 22K .. say hello to big damage!

4A is negative on hit ..but since it hits people's sides.. sometimes the opponant can only do backturned moves ..which hopefully helps you cut down on their options.

If you catch a 8wring opponant with 22K .. say hello to big damage!
lol im like brand new on the numbers and stuff, I'm talking about the rising B then Back,Back B

My fault i hate numbers Back Back B is what i was talking about. I think it is 4 but im not sure.... it works 100% off the rising move
Not 100%. It catches all techs, but it can just be blocked. Still pretty good because of the possible dmg, though. This was talked about in another thread.

My fault i hate numbers Back Back B is what i was talking about. I think it is 4 but im not sure.... it works 100% off the rising move

pal, very soon you're realize that numbers are much easier way of reading typing.

typing "down, down" vs 44 noticeable different hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back