It's "Classic HD Port Announcement" Day! (MvC and NiGHTS)

SolidSonic

[09] Warrior
Two (technically three) HD ports scheduled for dropage this fall:

NiGHTS: Into Dreams...

Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins

The first one is the Sega Saturn classic, revived for the current generation of consoles (and Steam). Will launch on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network, and Steam in the fall of 2012. It features a "Saturn Mode", which apparently restores the original graphics.

The second is a double-bundle of Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom. Features all the typical stuff (HD filters, online play that's presumably through GGPO, etc.) as well as the "Challenge" system from Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online. Set to arrive in September.

Sega makes my ebay bid for a Sega Saturn 3D pad completely pointless. BRAVO!

Seriously NiGHTS is a joy and everyone should experience it once.

I do like that "Sega Heritage Collection" logo at the start there. Maybe time for some Panzer Dragoon (SAGA), Burning Rangers, Shenmue, Fighting Vipers...

Yes, I am a Sega kid.

Can't help thinking the reason why MVCOrigins has two games is to justify the envitable 1200 microsoft fun money price point...

If NiGHTS doesn't have an option of setting an in-game calendar however you want and doesn't include the Christmas disc, it's going to be a travesty :(

...Like the Sonic minigame! A game that is literally impossible to lose o_O

FINALLY. I can finish Nights after so many years! I only had the demo when I was a kid.

FINALLY. I can finish Nights after so many years! I only had the demo when I was a kid.

Oh, you're in for a treat then. The final stage is a blast! Soft Museum also deserves note with its...softness. Yeah, it's something. Aw, and the music. It changes depending on how happy the overall population of Nightopians(those little elf...pixy...things) and Mepians(crossbreeds between those guys and the enemies which you've created) are. It's not always good unfortunately :(

I'm excited for the NiGHTS HD remake. I've always wanted to play the first NiGHTS game.

Also, Sonic Adventure 2 is coming out on PSN and XBL. I can't wait for this to come out! >.<

dont you think its kinda sad... we are getting excited for games we ALREADY BEAT 10x over years ago? XD I mean its nice we are getting to play some of our ol school games in HD but... dont you think we already have TOO much HD remakes? Makes me wonder why the industry doesn't try to make sequels to old I.P's because they can see people actually supporting them. I swear this industry really wonders me sometimes... I would love a jak and daxter sequel naughty dog... *eyes*

Really? It seemed a lot better without vocals...or plot...NID is shorter too, but just like...y'know, better. I pity you having played through NJoD :(

Back