It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

Has anyone gotten 1B to actually ringout this game? i cant remember if i was using asta's 1B or voldo's 1A but i know i rung someone out with one of those moves before, perhaps it was voldo...

it was voldo. his 1A RO's on CH and it has to b at a funny angle too i think.

What do you guys do after B+K on hit from the front? I love how if they try crouching, a low grab results in a back grab for ridiculous damage. However, what about if they don't crouch and you know that they won't crouch? 63214:B+G doesn't reach IIRC. I've grabbed people while their character was turning around for a side grab though. Is it character specific? Maybe you could take a small step and try grabbing, but that can look kind of obvious...

What do you guys do after B+K on hit from the front? I love how if they try crouching, a low grab results in a back grab for ridiculous damage. However, what about if they don't crouch and you know that they won't crouch? 63214:B+G doesn't reach IIRC. I've grabbed people while their character was turning around for a side grab though. Is it character specific? Maybe you could take a small step and try grabbing, but that can look kind of obvious...

You have so many options...

4[A+B]
1KA
3KA
44 mixups.

Anyway test it, I haven't really delved to much into it. The opponent is very venerable, especially physiologically...B+K when it hits surprises the crap out of people.

I think you can still step in and throw them, usually people would duck if you step in.

You have so many options...

4[A+B]
1KA
3KA
44 mixups.

Anyway test it, I haven't really delved to much into it. The opponent is very venerable, especially physiologically...B+K when it hits surprises the crap out of people.

I think you can still step in and throw them, usually people would duck if you step in.

Hm, let's break this down...

4[A+B] - I like the idea of this. All they could really do is jump to soak the damage. However, certain A,A or B,B could top this.

1K,A - Meh, not really sure how this could work out. The A isn't guaranteed on normal hit, so they could stay crouched and punish the whiffed A.

3K,A - I don't like this one either. Remember, I'm talking about them guarding. I've seen the A of 3K,A get GI'ed quite a few times on block... even online.

6K - Again, I'm expecting them to just be holding guard while standing there. If I knew they were going to try a BT attack, this would certainly come in handy.

44 mixups - This definitely just adds on to Asty's 50/50 guessing games to B+K on hit. It seems like a feasible attack to use in this situation. Cancelling into a 6K or 4A or something could work out I suppose.

4[A+B] - I like the idea of this. All they could really do is jump to soak the damage. However, certain A,A or B,B could top this.

you're only up 11 frames or so and that's a 50 frame attack, obviously you're expecting them to freeze for this to work and not unreasonably since other than it's punishability 4A+B is not a bad choice for a mid in this situation, but they can interrupt the full 4[A+B] with whatever they please practical.

Anyway grab catches them if they turn around to block and BT too if I recall correctly. It's tempting to say mix this with crouch throw, but a solid mid like 66K wouldn't be a bad choice since it's reasonably on time with the grab. Possibly 3A+B since it'll TC the quick pokes, knockdown on HIT, give decent CH and step options on block, but the range might be an issue if they don't block or use an attack that pushes them towards you.

you're only up 11 frames or so and that's a 50 frame attack, obviously you're expecting them to freeze for this to work and not unreasonably since other than it's punishability 4A+B is not a bad choice for a mid in this situation, but they can interrupt the full 4[A+B] with whatever they please practical.

Anyway grab catches them if they turn around to block and BT too if I recall correctly. It's tempting to say mix this with crouch throw, but a solid mid like 66K wouldn't be a bad choice since it's reasonably on time with the grab. Possibly 3A+B since it'll TC the quick pokes, knockdown on HIT, give decent CH and step options on block, but the range might be an issue if they don't block or use an attack that pushes them towards you.

Yeah, an unfully-charged 4A+B is a good option for mind games. It knocks down on hit, but the gold in it is the tech trap opportunity. If they know of the tech trap and try rolling, can't you 2B+K,A+G or 2A+K?

44b what is going on

i was playing a strong astaroth player just now and he could chain 44b's in such a fashion i could not find a way to escape if the first one hit. obviously there must be some way to avoid a second 44b after a first one but i dont know how.

my usual standby of rolling didnt work, i couldnt roll after i hit the ground so i suspect the move includes some stun.

i couldnt ukemi, so once more i assume the move incorporates some stun.

i could really use some help here.

i understand that there are at least two versions of the move depending on how long you charge, unfortunately i dont know if my opponent was using a specific version of 44b.

thank-you in advance for your consideration in this matter.

44b what is going on

CH 44b has more advantage over NH 44b as it bounces you but neither can chain 44b as a combo... you can tech left/right to avoid any following 44b

44b will tech trap forwards/backwards after CH 44b, pershaps thats what you were doing. thought that is still just one extra hit before its back to NH where after that you can just hold block...

this also should be in general discussion

44b what is going on

i apologize for putting this in the wrong forum.

the player, brokugeta, was destroying myself and another player with this in player matches, so it wasnt only me. further he wasnt the only person i have seen doing this.

the only thing i can assume is i am getting the move wrong somehow. i set up the training room, and i was able to evade this 44b followup with ease.. so i dont know what is going on.

as i said though, i was not the only person getting destroyed by this so im not sure what to say.

44b what is going on

lol, welcome to Lagcalibur..

Soemthing that works online but doesn't work offline? How profound!

44b what is going on

how does this belong in general and not the Astaroth forums? It's fine here..

More single move discussion!

Lately I have been trying to experiment replacing 4 with 2. Here's my analysis/pro's and con's list of 4

Pro's

Relatively safe on whiff (referring to when opponent rolls away on the ground instead of standing up and blocking 4.
The push back can be use to push opponent to ring edge.
i30

Con's

The push back kills a lot of mixup opportunities ... (I mostly do 3 options ... bullrush, 2A, and step back to respace)
Frame advantage on block is not enough for a greedy player such as myself.
Weak soul gauge damage.

Is crouch throw guarenteed after a blocked 2? Or can opponent GI to "stand up" like in SC3?
2 gives the same trap opportunity as 4 on hit, but it is hella slow ... on the other hand, a blocked 2B is slightly better than a blocked 4B.

What does everyone think about these 2 moves ?

both moves are horrible anti-ground... however on wake-up i guess if the opponent is going to freeze for 60 frames *unlikely* then go for 2... i don't recommend doing it on a standing opponent cause most likely u r asking to be stepped and punished... now as for 4 its only i30... and in sc3 it was my bread & butter pressure tool... but now it sucks... but still i use it on a wake up on people who learn to stop trying to roll away and eat 2B+K~A+G... but since 4 leaves them too far i usually do 6K to get a CH, 66A,B to catch step or 66K to catch back step or 1B if they just block... i only go for throws if they are against a wall or if they freeze up...

EDIT... i just checked and after either 2 or 9[B+K] crouch throws are guaranteed... :D so for the 2 to crouch throw to work u need to be pretty close to the opponent... 9[B+K] works without a wall if u do it close enough...

hey everybody new forum guy here

Astaroth freaking rules the earth :D

I got some pretty wicked combos mastered. But however im still new.. If someone can kinda train me a little give me a heads up (I play PS3 not Xbox)

Astaroth Glitch

I was just playing a game with fireroses and I used 4A+B and I did the Enemy BT Grab. (The one where Asta steps on them). She was using Sieg and was in Mid move. I have no idea how that happend, has anyone else encountered this?

Astaroth Glitch

not a glitch. . . .just if their back happens to turn to you while you do it, it turns into a back turned throw

Astaroth Glitch

Yun is considered backturned during some of the startup frames of his basic 2A. Getting backthrown out of a 2A you chose to defeat the throw in the first place sucks bigtime, but that's the SC engine - rigorous in some areas, wanky elswhere. So yeah, might be an issue with Sieggie as well.

Back