It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

6B+K...

That made absolutely no sense...

Actually, it does. If you jump over a fast low, say 1K from Nightmare, you're at a huge disadvantage because of the recovery time of 6B+K. I have been punished before for jumping a quick low with it, and about 80% of the time you're just gonna have to block afterwards.

By saying "jumping over them," I meant completely jumping over the opponent's character and ending up behind them. I kinda worded that weird...

Nothing Special...

lol... ya bullrush on jumping opponents r fun ROs... but i haven't gotten it to ring out over low walls on normal far hit yet... in sc3 if u bullrushed a little far from wall at say cervy's stage it would ring them out over it... which was cool... also after ch 6b 1[a]a_b so much more deadlier...
1[a]a = 68 dmg on no tech and 86 dmg on tech... BUT now if they wanna not tech then 1[a]b, 22b = 108 dmg... and if they happen to tech after 1[a] the 'b' › 2a+k = 158 dmg... not mention right tech lets u get a+g on a lot of characters... so now they wanna tech 1[a]... even at that they risk RO and tech traps near walls and edges... alll u get from 22[k] is the relaunch... so if u absolutely don't need guaranteed 80+ dmg i guess 1[a]a_b a lot more dangerous...

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

question: is 22b a better follow up after CH 6k, as it seems to do more damage than 2B+K, A+G not by much but it does. ive been getting it consistantly and was just wondering if its guaranteed or if ive just been lucky?

Pre patch I believe it was but now I think they can roll to the side. I think you have to guess right.

cool thanks ill stick to 2B+k then ^^ it looks nastier anyways hehe

on a random note its probably been mentioned before but if the opponend back is turned and you do one of those grabby moves (i.e b+k, etc) you can 2A_B+G them.

does anyone have recommendations for the best followup to one of those moves (B+G, a[a], etc) its been bullrushing or something to the like, are their good executions of these moves that anyone recommends, i ask because with all the asta vids ive seen no one really uses them, are they useless?

ya they are pretty much useless... its rare that u'll get the stuff to hit a BT opponent... if u do happen to get it just low throw or bullrush for free...

btw i don't know if this is known but [a] realease right before full charge lets u get [a]a *the second 'a' is slightly chargeable for for ch 4a effect* as a combo... on asta and rock u even get [a][a] *UB* ...i do it by holding [a] and pressing a+g,a+g on a shoulder button right before full charge... pretty useless but its not in the movelist...

Does Asta have any other just inputs other than 63214A+G_B+G and 28B+G?

Oh well, I think he does enough damage as it is anyway. Still, it's fun to do i63214 B+G, i28 B+B and listen to all the rookies online go "OOOOHHHHH"

he doesn't do enough damage in sc4... in sc3 he did... sc4 asta should get +20 dmg like ivy for jf throw... ch 6k combo sucks now... need back sc3 ch 6k > PT... but then again nothing is good enough to fill asta's hunger... lol...

I was just wonder what is everyones favorite follow up to 66ab instead of 28B+G, as the wiffing is annoying and i cant keep track of who it wiffs on a lot and stuff, which is why i never learn character specific combos. ive been using A+G, 1A+G but that only works until people work out that 1A+G isnt guaranteed lol. is there a better followup that does as much damage as 28B+G or close to?

he doesn't do enough damage in sc4... in sc3 he did... sc4 asta should get +20 dmg like ivy for jf throw... ch 6k combo sucks now... need back sc3 ch 6k > PT... but then again nothing is good enough to fill asta's hunger... lol...

I used to think like that as well, until I went and looked at how many times it would take for one command throw/combo/single attack to end a round. Non JF command throws does at least a quarter life, while JF B command throw into 22B = Ivy's SS. So, you could end matches with two to three throws. As for attacks, it takes about 8 bullrushes to end a round, while it takes three 22B4 into 28B+G. CH moves like 6K or 6AB can do quarter life, while CH 66AB can do from a quarter to a half life.

I was just wonder what is everyones favorite follow up to 66ab instead of 28B+G, as the wiffing is annoying and i cant keep track of who it wiffs on a lot and stuff, which is why i never learn character specific combos. ive been using A+G, 1A+G but that only works until people work out that 1A+G isnt guaranteed lol. is there a better followup that does as much damage as 28B+G or close to?

Against smaller characters, I just end with the A+G air throw. You still do over quarter life damage with oki opportunities. It's better than nothing.

yep a+g air throw + oki is a good choice. i very rarely use 66ab though, just 66a by itself if anything.

If he did any more damage, I believe he would be a bit broken. Like Gemini said, one 63214:B+G takes a third. That's brutal, especially for one grab. No wonder everyone tends to break B much more against Astaroth. The JF A throw does about a fourth, and it does about 18 more damage than other characters' grabs. 2B+G does 60.

As for actual attacks, PT does what, 80? That's a mean punish for a whiffed re-GI (although, who tries to re-GI Asta?). 22_88B does 55+, has great pushback, and nice RO range. I don't even have to say anything about 22_88B4 damage potential. 3B~2A+K does about one-fourth of a bar too.

And I just noticed, why isn't 2A+K in the moves list in the wiki? I wanted to see the damage it deals...

It deals 35. I never put it in cause I don't know how I should test the frame data for it.
/edit/ I tossed in an entry with the damage for now.

guys... AsTa is still a pretty solid character... all i'm saying is that in SC3 he was A LOT BETTER... just incase u guys don't recall ...*pops in sc3 disk* this should remind u guys why SC3 AsTa >>> SC4 AsTa...

22b~4, 6b~236B+G = 122 dmg *now u get 95*
22[K], PT = 125 dmg
33_66[K], PT = 129-149 dmg *now u get less than 100*
33_66[K], 6b~236B+G = 141-169 dmg
3B+K, B, 2A_B+G *tech trap* = 153-168 dmg *now u get 89 dmg*
CH 6K, 22B = 74 dmg *now u get 57 dmg*
CH 6K, PT *tech trap* = 127 dmg
64B+G, 2, 1A_B+G = 74 dmg
64B+G, 88B = 87 dmg *now WITH the JF u get 80 dmg*
64B+G, 3B+K, B, *tech trap* 2A_B+G *tech trap* = 202-217 dmg
CH 3A+B, A+G, 4B = 114 dmg *now u get ...nothing*
BT 2K, 8~2A+K = 59 dmg
CH 66A,B, A+G, 4B = 151 dmg *now u get 88 dmg*
22[K] *quake* 66A,B, A+G, 4B = 131 dmg
CH 3B, A+G, 4B = 112 dmg *now u get around 70 dmg*
CH WR K, 2B+G = 95 dmg*
CH 1K, 66B = 74 dmg
[K] = 72 dmg *now 38 dmg*

66[K] > PT still does over 100 I think...
I know the 33[K] one only get's into the 90s.

ALSO...

2B+G = 70 dmg *now 60*
A+G *air throw* = 45 dmg *now 30*
B,A = 49 dmg *NC*
B, B6 = 49 dmg *NC*
B6, K = 48 dmg *NC*
CH B6, K, 22B = 82 dmg
CH B6, K, PT *tech trap* = 141 dmg
CH 6A,B, W!, A+G, 4B = 130 dmg
[A] or 4[A] > 66B = around 80 dmg
WL K_1B_6K_[G]9B = RO
66K, W!, 66K, W! > 66K_2A_B+G = tech trap
66K, W!, 2A+G, W! > 2A_B+G = tech trap
66K, W! *far*, 22b~4, 6b~236B+G = 154 dmg
66B, W! *close*, 22B = 100 dmg
66B, W! *far*, 22b~4, 6b~236B+G = 174 dmg
*side hit* 22B, 66B = 101 dmg
*side hit* WL B, 66B, W!, 22b~4, 6b~236B+G = 217 dmg
*side hit* 9B, 66B, W!, 22b~4, 6b~236B+G = 236 dmg

...and finally BT A+G, 22g~236B+K, 236B+G = 243 DMG...!

also his 4 allowed un-interruptable throws AND he was 5000 times safer in frames... also in SC3 AE his 66B, 4B was 74 dmg *NC* and u had 2A_B+G tech trap option for near 50%... in SC4 he does actually have MORE throw options... and some NEW combos he couldnt do before... BUT compared to SC3 he is a lot more unsafe now and he gives up a lot of damage in combos...

Stop complaining =) I can see people say SC3 Asta is better than SC4 Asta but definitely not a lot better for the two following reasons:

1) his throws track and have longer range (this is REALLY important)
2) in general, other characters' pokes are slower and less damaging, making interrupt a more viable option for Asta. Keep in mind his interrupt options are about as good as before.

Yes, a lot of core moves receive nerfs (and some of them are major nerfs) but some moves receive buffs as well.

Back