It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

Does anyone else hate fighting Asta mirror matches? I do. To me, they're of the most boring matches, almost up there with Yoda vs. Yoda.

It's weird, because whenever people want to see or compare my Astaroth to theirs, they want a mirror match. I feel like I can't truly show how I use Astaroth when going up against another Astaroth.

Also, how do you guys fight other Astas? The whole concept of "well, now I'm afraid of their throws" or "they can simply tech crouch my throws with one of his best moves" throws me off.

Low throw them if you expect it. It's the same against any character with good TC moves that you expect spammed, 2A+G_B+G become interrupts you can throw out at low disadvantage. If you're afraid of the throws do a lot of moves that push out on block: B, 33B, 44B, 3K, 22B, 66A, 4B+K, 4[A], A(~)B. That way you won't have to deal with mix-up as often.

Otherwise be careful, asta is kinda weak to his own step.

i tend to step a lot at mid-far range and bait for whiffs on asta vs asta. its a pretty strange fight (as all mirror matches are imo). once they/im in i tend to step it up on aggresion as you cant effectively space asta vs asta at closer ranges.

you can also low grab a predicted bullrush.

In Asta vs Asta match, I find that only three things matter: spacing, ring position, and big damage

Actually, in Asta vs Asta, better spacing would always lead to better ring position and better damage IMHO.

Nothing Special...

:B: :(B): 28 :G:+:B:

As said...this is ONLY a "try againts nubs combo" But its nice....

While we at it...I dedicate this thread to nub tatics so we don't have to waste our super special secret stuff on them. (as in, things you can get away with against nubs)

Nothing Special...

I think it doesn't work at a number of ranges and on some characters. In those cases I usually A+G them cause I don't know of anything better.

Nothing Special...

That bullrush is wierd when it connects with airborne opponents. I've ringed out a leaping Taki from the middle of the ring before!!!

6B+K...

15 I believe.

/edit/ Yeah 15. By the way that's the frame the TJ starts on so it's 14 frames of getting hit by lows then no more.

6B+K...

I really don't like jumping lows with it UNLESS I somehow jump over them. Otherwise, you can get punished, even after jumping over a low.

Nothing Special...

236B+K 28B+G 200~ damage
236B+K 28B+G (wall) 2A+K 225-230~ damage
63214B+G A+G 1A+G Repeat (can be done forever until the person techs or ducks the throw in time)

Also, someone needs to try this in a real match. If that's still possible with the patches, at least.

Nothing Special...

yea i posted that exact combo found in the vid a while ago but its not that useful

its a tech trap CH 6b, 66[k] (which leads to 44, 22b)

BUT the 66[k] tech trap will whiff if the opponent is even slightly off axis so its pretty much impossible on anything other than training dummy.

Back