it's time to MASH!

Kane

oh riri
okay, so I've just sorta messed around with this guy and tons of his moves are super random.

so far, I've noticed that if you mash out on some moves, you'll get more hits ... dont ask my why / how, but it works.

33b,b ... in certain random instances, he'll fall on the floor then jump on you then start hitting you. now is the time to mash ... I've gotten many more hits off this ... normally it does 40 something ... but I've mashed hard enough to get to around 70 dmg.

b+g ... yes, his normal throw. he basically holds you and spanks you a number of times. I dont really know if the mashing potential is random, but normally this throw does either 40 or 45 dmg. however, after some hard mashing, I've gotten the damage up to 85 ... don't ask me how or why, but it works. like I said, I dont know if mashing is required for this throw, but ... I dont know T_T;

any more mashing stuff? ... I'll have to update later.

Interesting...
is it the same with the throw where he repeatedly stomps on the opponent's crotch? (backthrow I think)

I tried to mash that one and I couldnt get any more hits.

but the first time I saw that throw, I was literally on the floor laughing for quite a while...

but no. the 33b,b one is where he falls on the floor, then jumps on you [kinda like a tekken-style running tackle] and repeatedly punches your face. and the last 2 hits randomly miss ... so sometimes u miss out on dmg.

question is

can opponent counter mash? it seems like one sided to me now but then again i'm having trouble mashing psp

as for the last 2 hit randomly miss...... it actually is his 'fake' to set him back up to be in the stance for the low kick...

-LAU

PB B and PB Throws are DEFINITELY Mashable.
He basically attacks faster during his ground and pound.. with the last hit intact I got up to 80. Without I got up to 50.
Can't tell whether opponent can mash out. Might try this weekend when I get to play some Versus (finally, and only because someone found a way to play the game on CFW.
)

B+G isn't mashable. But does RANDOMLY go up to 85 damage.

Also. There's no such move as 33BB.
I think you mean 66B, PB B.

Just found a new one. His left side throw, the one where he stomps on his opponent's back, can be mashed.

Normally at the end of the throw Dampierre will fall off and go into PB, but if you mash he will land on his feet and jump off.

Oh, sweet. It doesn't look to do any extra damage, but it's better than having to get up out of PB every time.

Just found a new one. His left side throw, the one where he stomps on his opponent's back, can be mashed.

Normally at the end of the throw Dampierre will fall off and go into PB, but if you mash he will land on his feet and jump off.

I just found another interesting thing about this side throw..

The opponent can break the throw during the animation!

If you do the side throw and then mash to avoid PB, a second throw break window will open up (at around the 6th or 7th stomp). The break input for that window will depend on what you initially grabbed with (A for A+G, B for B+G). So the opponent can just mash if they want and break free. This won't work if you do the normal version that goes into PB (no mashing). Also, if they break the throw at that point, it will only have done about 45 damage (40 if it's a fast break), instead of 60.

It kind of looks like a glitch, but I've had the CPU break it a couple of times, so I think Namco intentionally put it in.

And about the mashing, for this throw I found that all you need to mash are the directions (I normally twirl the analog nub) and one button (A,B,K or G).

For his PB throws however, it seems that you need to mash the 4 buttons: A,B,K and G (no directions needed).

I just found another interesting thing about this side throw..

The opponent can break the throw during the animation!

Whaaat? That sounds so unnecessary...but, not too surprising since it's Dampierre.

And thanks for the details about what to mash for those two. Though I'll probably not bother mashing for the side throw now, lol.

Anyone have any luck figuring out his B+G spanking throw? I've also seen it go up to 70-85 damage before, and I SWEAR I was mashing directions/twirling the analog, but I've never been able to recreate it. Is it REALLY just random?

Also, I tend to have more luck with Damp's PB B/PB Throw mashing A and B alternatively, kinda like Tekken.

B+G is completely random, unmashable. My macros do nothing. In video I got 6 spanks, and I know for a fact that I wasn't pressing anything during the animation.

And from the stance thread, because it's relevant:

Poker Bluff B/Throw said:
*The this move is 50 punches, or 100 damage. Around 40 punches/80 damage, the self-damaging chance becomes 100% (or so significantly large that it might as well be 100% - however, this is likely still an inhuman mashing speed).

Oh, and

LAU said:
can opponent counter mash? it seems like one sided to me now but then again i'm having trouble mashing psp
The answer is no. I macro'd the CPU in training to mash inhumanly, and it didn't stop the attack any earlier against my mashing speed.

throw might not be mashable, but try 360'ing the dpad.

yoda for example, his 2,8+b+g throw, to get more head hits you had to rotate the dpad 360 to continue the hits up to 10+ consecutive. had nothing to do with button mashing inputs.

just a guess.

throw might not be mashable, but try 360'ing the dpad.

yoda for example, his 2,8+b+g throw, to get more head hits you had to rotate the dpad 360 to continue the hits up to 10+ consecutive. had nothing to do with button mashing inputs.

just a guess.
Nope, directions don't affect it either. Truly random.

Actually, I think mashing does affect his B+G throw.

For a long while now I have never mashed his B+G throw. And I usually only got 3 or 4 spanks randomly, and very rarely 5.

But recently I've begun to mash buttons and directions together when doing this throw, and I've noticed that I've been getting more than 5 spanks a bit more often.

So I think mashing will increase the chances of randomly getting more damage from the throw.

Mashing to affect the chance of more hits? That's rather indirect. But of course, I'll do some tests when I get home to make sure.

Code:
B+G Throw (non-mashed) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3343333333433633334334333333343343333335334334333633333334334343333333433333435333333343433333343333

3 hits 80/100
4 hits 16/100 
5 hits  2/100
6 hits  2/100

B+G Throw (mashed - fast circular rolls across both Dpad and face buttons) 
------------------1---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6344334433339433750353433738963334663543743333676534335633454334333336353533333535633383344545373533

3 hits 52/100
4 hits 16/100 
5 hits 13/100
6 hits  9/100
7 hits  5/100
8 hits  2/100
9 hits  2/100
10hits  1/100

Well, mashing's doing something. The pattern's weird though, I think there's a specific way B+G wants you to mash, instead of randomly like other moves. Outside of these tests I got all 11 hits (80 damage) while casually rolling my thumb clockwise on the analog nub and pressing B rhythmically with the spanks. That's far less input than the mashing I did for the test above.

So, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do.

Back