Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

Ring

Lay still now
From now on, we will use this thread to discuss combos and tech traps. The valid ones will make their way to the official combo/techtrap lists in the sticked threads.

From Kayane's stream:

CH 4K, B+K combo doesn't do as much damage as I expected. Damage gets horribly scaled down.

Well I'll just add what I find as I play here.
So far, off of any 1_2_3 B+K a follow up 1_2_3 B+K seems to be guaranteed and more damage than anything else I can find.
Also, 44BBB -> 6B9 or 6B9 BE

Same as ZDamned.

1A+B -> B+K 50 ish dmg
1K/22_88K -> 7_8_9B -> 38(?) dmg
BE 1B -> 6KB -> 68 dmg

Wait, 1B BE, 6KB is a combo on NH?

Can someone check if tip range 1K, 9B does more damage than close range 1K>9B? I think 9B does more damage at tip.

Wait, 1B BE, 6KB is a combo on NH?

Can someone check if tip range 1K, 9B does more damage than close range 1K>9B? I think 9B does more damage at tip.

Yessir. It's arguably her best BE right now. Guaranteed (albeit hard) 6B8K on block, 6KB on NH.

And same damage on 1K, 9B close or far.

I asked Noface to check 1B BE at SoCal regionals and he said nothing is guaranteed.

Great news. Her best BE for sure.

Something more on 1B BE.

It's hitbox is finnicky in that if you hit your opponent either at an angle or behind, the 6KB follow up will whiff. In these instances, I found BB works best. (can I haz frame advantage plzz?)

So you can't grab while holding down guard? They need to fix this, buffer Ivy's move! I'll pick her up sometime soon, also does anyone have combos from the official strategy guide/paper book?

44BBB-->B+K works, 65-71 damage, slightly less than the ivy lick version
CH 4A-->B+K 62 damage!

I am really liking the new 4K
On CH it crumples, giving you a free B+K or 8A+B,B

Added notice about 44BBB-->6B9 it does 71 damage in 8 Hits, which renders the BE lick useless, only adding a total of 6 damage adding it up to 77. So don't spend meter on 6 damage!

Sora, added info:
1K--->7_8_9B is respectivly 34, 36, and 38 damage. So spacing I assume is the importance over 214B?

I found that CS can be input while Guarding BTW. Just thought I should mention it.

(Will EDIT in a little, WIP!)
Finally some great news to add about the 5-Hit JF!
Doing 3 or more of the Just Frame lashes will actually give EQUAL or GREATER damage than Mistresses Justice (3-Hit).

I want to compile some info about it in 2 categories: with 22B and 22B Blocked.

(22b Blocked)
1 Hit JF: Damage - 10 Total 10
2 Hit JF: Damage - 10 Total 20
3 Hit JF: Damage - 12 Total 32 - (No KD) <--- The only negative to missing at this point versus Mashing B.
4 Hit JF: Damage - 10 Total 42 - (No KD)
5: Damage -

22B-->BBBBB
The 4th hit adds 7-8 damage, and the 5th hit is 24 damage GC. Totals up to 66 with 22B
And Clean Hit with 22b Launcher is 82 damage.

In closing, learn your JF timeings! Make this attack so

HS after a blocked 22B is easily stepped and punished, this is super risky. It somehow has tracking, but i was able to step it when i played Dark Slayer....just need to findout the timing etc. I think i even interruped it once...can somebody check the speed the first one hits after 22B?

The 22b 5hit JF I believe can only be interuppted by fairly quick moves. If the 22[ B ] connects on Block/hit the first b can come out fast enought to not be interuppted by just anything, its not launcher punishable(at least not by everyone). The maxium damage I have gotten is 86-90 this requires a clean hit.I think more than the last hit has clean hit which how I got the 90. It really good so far, still having lil consistency trouble against my friends online .

HS after a blocked 22B is easily stepped and punished, this is super risky. It somehow has tracking, but i was able to step it when i played Dark Slayer....just need to findout the timing etc. I think i even interruped it once...can somebody check the speed the first one hits after 22B?
It's not a frame trap. It can be interrupted by many moves and stepped.

It's not a frame trap. It can be interrupted by many moves and stepped.

Not only it can be interrupted, it can also be stepped it seems. Can you hit confirm it? If 22B isnt safe by its own this seems pretty risky to me...i like the new Ivy :P

Not only it can be interrupted, it can also be stepped it seems. Can you hit confirm it? If 22B isnt safe by its own this seems pretty risky to me...i like the new Ivy :P
I will check that later. 22B is def not safe, I remember that from Paris.

22 [ B ] was patched just after the final release, so make sure you download the patch before testing this move in training.

22 [ B ] is very unsafe. It is not a poke, but does really good damage with the JF, so you can use it as a whiffpunish, or maybe a mixup with a sidethrow if you need damage quick.

22 [ B ] was patched just after the final release, so make sure you download the patch before testing this move in training.

22 [ B ] is very unsafe. It is not a poke, but does really good damage with the JF, so you can use it as a whiffpunish, or maybe a mixup with a sidethrow if you need damage quick.

Are there any Patch notes? I havent read about a patch yet....

The followup after 22[ B ] is quick step-able. It's purely meant to be a whiff punish. You also should be going for 5 hit JF(81 dmg total vs 50+). 5 hits is relatively easy now.

Back