Ivy Videos

Dont be sad Ring :) still it was an awesome match, there are more vids were you probably own people! Btw You plan to come to Cannes?

No, I won't be able to save enough money. I decided to quit SC4, I would have done that already but supposedly next month Jag, Dag and their sister are coming to Warsaw to play with the polish players so apparently there are still some challenges ahead of me =)

hmmm sucks...and wow, didnt know Jag and co are coming to you :) Seems like they are trying to prepare for all the Ivys in Cannes :)

Maybe I should share all my knowledge on how to beat Ivy with them, that would be a nice twist at the end, me betraying the Ivy community and contributing to Ivy's failure in Cannes.

Maybe I should share all my knowledge on how to beat Ivy with them, that would be a nice twist at the end, me betraying the Ivy community and contributing to Ivy's failure in Cannes.

Please please do it. Betray them all. Just leave with a big "fuck you all, stupid bugusers!!" :)

Great match indeed! Now i do wanna see the matches when u beat malek lol.

Bugusers? the UB bug u mean?

9gB is OP, have to punishhhhh... proceeds to step G closer and eats CS or pushback from CL1BB+K. :( Ok sidestep... eats antistep CH into KD......now oki... must roll out safely....Square One......

Need quick mixup, normal throw!!... runs into CH 9gB... attempts to step it nxt time eats tracking 8K.

Okay sidestep it and punish with WP 22B.... get CH by WP 3A...

Hah I got you on the ground, runs in to mixup, wakeup CH 9gB!!....ur on the floor now hahaha

I want to say in this matchup, making one afraid to use this move is key to pressure. Even through patient blocking it will CH something eventually aslong as its not sidestep.

Stancelock isn't a bug, it's possible to spam moves without it because the stance cooldown allows that (just like in BD). The stancelock only removes the 0,5 sec of time you need to spare to change the stance. It changes almost nothing in her gameplay.

Davo, If you're wondering about our other vids, I think I will just quote Malek here:

Ring, I have to say that I ask you at least 200 times a first to something or some record matches (I had the device to record, everything was ready !) and you never accept a single time... Do you fear me or something ? And in the end you won all our free play matches (not record) and lost the only one record 3-0 (final looser)....... You should have accept ! Anyway, it was awesome to finally be able to play with you IRL. Stress is something you cannot train ONLINE. Welcome in the offline world, where skill and knowledge are not everything that decide the winner.

It's all my fault. I completely lost the control of the match after the first round.

Waah! I wanted to meet you, Ring. You seem like a cool guy and have a pretty aggressive Ivy.

Ring according to my information some french player who knows japanese talked to one of the developers and stancelock was clearly not intented...

Still i dont really know how its working in BD now, is it possible to spam Whip 6B+K several times? Or CL 1B+KB? I really dont know, ive never seen BD^^

Well, seeing how she was the most glitched character in the game in 1.02 (WP 6A+B tracking, SW WS B infinite, iCS glitch, CL 214B with -14 on block etc) it's easy to assume that, I think it was intended but turned out to really make Ivy player's life easier (too much =P)

The stancelock still exists in BD but the infinite spam of certain moves has been blocked:

WP 6B+K: you can't spam it if you hold A or A+K in Whip. If you do, the move will come out as WP 6B. However, you can spam it during stance cooldown. You can do either 2x WP6B+K2_8, or 6B+K, 6B+K, 6B+K2_8. Then change the stance with A~G~A+K and again you can spam it. Also, this is one of the few moves that still retained the SG damage from SC4 (not that it matters much as in BD you can recover your SG at any time with 222A+B+K which is a little ridiculous)

CL 1B,B+K - holding A or A+B will result in only CL 1B coming out. You can only use it twice during cooldown but.. there is no reason to use this move in BD outside of combos because the pushback has been completely removed.

The new tools to spam are CL BB (now NC with huge range, tracking to left and right, +6 on hit) and WP BB (same as CL BB, even more range but less advantage on hit)

But like I said, stancelock is still in game. For example, holding will allow you to spam SW 2A+K infinitely without switching to CL.

@LostProvidence, I will be back for SC5 (assuming there will be one of course) so there's still a chance =)

Added a few Malek vids but mostly this is just a shameless bump because there hasn't been much activity on the ivy boards lately

Lil confused on what makes them beginner combos. Some of them are the best version and then some are inferior but debatably easier options. I did notice not all best options were mentions and some valuable combos. SW WR B combos needs to be in there, and the best WP 66B is: 66B, 3A~B+K, CL 1BB+K, SW 214K. Also some of the notation is wrong; AB and A+B are two different things. one's a simultaneous press and the other is a string. That can be very confusing when dealing with Ivy's stance changes mixed in the notation. Also it would be nice if you ordered it so the you'd got thru all the variations of 1 combo opener so they can get a glance at what they can use without memorizing thru the whole video and hunting them down separately when they learn.

Despite my criticism, good video. (Also learning the CL 4A+B had combo potential made my night...lol)

Prepare for noobiness.

Posting up vids. Definitely not my greatest ones, but it's new-(ish)!

Ivy vs Cassandra

Ivy vs Taki

Ivy Vs Soph/Taki

Back