Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Atrocious

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Useless

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

IAdoreBunnies

[10] Knight
Below is a video I've done. Some may find it helpful, and some may already know everything that is covered. Also, if you discover anything interesting related to Ivy and her Gi's, I encourage you to discuss it here. Videos are welcomed as well. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN OF CALIBUR!

Good video, very informative on 44A+B and WR B+K.

Ivy does have a stronger option if the opponent like to re-GI post GI. 44B+K into 6B8 for 90+ damage.

Her best GI meter-less option is iWRB, 6B9 .

iWR means instant while rising, and FC1B 6b8 does more than FC 1(B) B 6B8 due to scaling.
post gi, FC 1B 6B8 is best off generally, but obviously if the opportunity presents itself in the form of a wall behind, FC1B 6B8 BE, etc

Getting iFC 1B to launch seems to be situational and character specific sometimes though. Or at least, that's what I thought...

When I'm sitting on meter and I need a comeback, I often OS GI something and CE. Ivy's GI into CE is just dirty - it's disgusting how many matches I've stolen with this.

iWR means instant while rising, and FC1B 6b8 does more than FC 1(B) B 6B8 due to scaling.
post gi, FC 1B 6B8 is best off generally, but obviously if the opportunity presents itself in the form of a wall behind, FC1B 6B8 BE, etc
I know what iWR is I was asking about the move he had listed. Since some of the text was bolded I assumed he meant to put iWR(B)B and had used brackets which made the text go bold. I don't recall a WR(B)B in her move set so I thought maybe he had meant FC 1B instead and just put the wrong notation.

And yeah FC 1B, G, 6B8 may do more damage but after a GI they are usually a bit too far away for the FC 1B to launch. (At least when I do it anyways) If you are quick you may be able to do a quick dash forward then FC1B but I'm not at my console so I can't check.

I love using 4A+B when my opponent's back is against the wall cuz it will put me at neutral frames and many people don't realize that. Follow it up with 6KBK and it'll frame trap in many cases. Keep in mind that CH 6KBK can RO. iWR B+K is also a great move, just know that Pyrrha can stab punish it on block.

As for post-GI, Ivy has many great options. The best way to land CS is to buffer the directions BEFORE you GI, and then push B+G after using GI. Here are my go-to options

-iFC 1(B)B, 6B8. The hold scales more but is much more likely to launch. For example, characters like Cervy will not launch from FC 1B at ANY distances, unless he is literally over top of you like when he grabs.
-2B+K, 8A+B because it can RO forward.
-44B+K for the re-GI punish, because the damage is insane and it leads to great wall combos.

Back