Jackson is dead?

Wear one glove in rememberance of MJ. Also grab on your crotch here and there and throw in some "hee hees" in a high pitched voice. We'll miss you Michael.

That might get me arrested and labeled as a sex offender, especially if I do it in front of children (that and I live in California)... I will, however, wear one glove while doing the moonwalk and yelling "Jahmona" and "Hee hee".

whats the difference between Disney movies and Michael Jackson?

Disney movies can still touch children

RIP MJ

I think the "He looks like he died years ago" thing is wayyy funnier than these pictures.
That's not in bad taste? I guarantee you'll be laughing at michael jackson jokes for the rest of the year.

Just like you did with princess "die."
And anyone else you pretend you have respect for.

Most of the people who crack jokes about Jackson are 20 and under, so for them, Jackson the artist, humanitarian and coldwar ambassador of American culture and vitality never existed. There was only Jackson the joke, Jackson the freak. Why do you believe the guy was guilty of molesting any kids? Because all your life you've heard your buddies on /b joke about it? He was found innoent after all. I mean what's with the hate on princess Diana? You were like 11 or 12 years old when she died. Did she preempt your cartoons the day she died and you just never got over it? Maybe, people who are older than you don't have to pretend to have respect. I understand it's hard to have respect for anybody when you don't really know shit about them. While I didn't care all that much about princess Diana, I do remember her constant charity and public awareness work. The lady deserved some respect in my opinion for that. But you know more than age, I guess it's just a question of maturity.

As for my thoughts on MJ... Everyone in the 80's loved Jackson, there's not a corner in the world they haven't heard of him, and even my mom was nuts about him in the 80's. I've heard 17 year old potheads proclaiming that Jackson has had absolutely no cultural impact, whilst they listen to music that was clearly his spawn. I can only imagine what the man did for American prestige in the 80's and what role that's had in shaping the modern world. I'm saddened he died. I had heard he had tour dates coming up in Europe, so it seems to have taken even him by surprise.

At the same time that sadness is tempered with an understanding that he really didn't belong in this world. He was a deeply troubled and psychologically scarred man. He spent his life trying to chase the happy childhood that had eluded him and now that torture is over for him. I cannot say if he was warped, or if he was childlike and innocent and we who belong in this grimy cynical world could not understand him. Only his accusers know the answer for certain. Either way he was different than us and that made many of us uncomfortable. We crucified him under public opinion. To go so quickly from loved and cheered to reviled and mocked could not have been easy on his delicate psyche. And if he was in fact innocent then it is a true tragedy. He was a brilliant artist either way.

As for Farrah Fawcett, and her deserving respect while Micheal does not, it's a shame she died and a horribly painful death at that, and she does deserve the same respect anyone does in passing, but she has been pushed aside because her only real accomplishment was being born beautiful. If you want to base your judgments on who was "more normal" she also had some really strange ideas and a fucked up personal life. Look up some talk show appearances of hers for some samples.

Respect and not making jokes are two very different items.

I love his music, think his personal life was a mess and I find the jokes rather amusing. Death shouldn't be such a taboo.

Most of the people who crack jokes about Jackson are 20 and under, so for them, Jackson the artist, humanitarian and coldwar ambassador of American culture and vitality never existed. There was only Jackson the joke, Jackson the freak. Why do you believe the guy was guilty of molesting any kids? Because all your life you've heard your buddies on /b joke about it? He was found innoent after all. I mean what's with the hate on princess Diana? You were like 11 or 12 years old when she died. Did she preempt your cartoons the day she died and you just never got over it? Maybe, people who are older than you don't have to pretend to have respect. I understand it's hard to have respect for anybody when you don't really know shit about them. While I didn't care all that much about princess Diana, I do remember her constant charity and public awareness work. The lady deserved some respect in my opinion for that. But you know more than age, I guess it's just a question of maturity.

As for my thoughts on MJ... Everyone in the 80's loved Jackson, there's not a corner in the world they haven't heard of him, and even my mom was nuts about him in the 80's. I've heard 17 year old potheads proclaiming that Jackson has had absolutely no cultural impact, whilst they listen to music that was clearly his spawn. I can only imagine what the man did for American prestige in the 80's and what role that's had in shaping the modern world. I'm saddened he died. I had heard he had tour dates coming up in Europe, so it seems to have taken even him by surprise.

At the same time that sadness is tempered with an understanding that he really didn't belong in this world. He was a deeply troubled and psychologically scarred man. He spent his life trying to chase the happy childhood that had eluded him and now that torture is over for him. I cannot say if he was warped, or if he was childlike and innocent and we who belong in this grimy cynical world could not understand him. Only his accusers know the answer for certain. Either way he was different than us and that made many of us uncomfortable. We crucified him under public opinion. To go so quickly from loved and cheered to reviled and mocked could not have been easy on his delicate psyche. And if he was in fact innocent then it is a true tragedy. He was a brilliant artist either way.

As for Farrah Fawcett, and her deserving respect while Micheal does not, it's a shame she died and a horribly painful death at that, and she does deserve the same respect anyone does in passing, but she has been pushed aside because her only real accomplishment was being born beautiful. If you want to base your judgments on who was "more normal" she also had some really strange ideas and a fucked up personal life. Look up some talk show appearances of hers for some samples.

*Claps*
THIS!

Respect and not making jokes are two very different items.

I love his music, think his personal life was a mess and I find the jokes rather amusing. Death shouldn't be such a taboo.

My favourite one so far:

The real reason MJ died? Food poisoning: he ate 12 year old nuts.

I can see the respect there all right. The kind of joke that works with respect to the dead is one where you remind the listeners of something they might have hated and still loved about the deceased. I don't buy that you're making some artistic statement about tearing down the public's perception of death by cracking a joke only a retarded 10 year old with ADD would find funny. If you truly believed in the charade you've put forth, as you've put it forth, instead of hiding behind a telephone wire to assail a stranger, take a shit on the coffin at your next family funeral and see how it goes over. Be sure to shout "Death shouldn't be such a taboo!" as you do so and maybe flip the crowd off for good measure.

If you can't honestly say you would or could tell a joke in front of that person's kin without getting evicted from funeral services then you know damn well if it's respectful or not.

Mike was a childhood hero of mine. Im truley saddened by this!! I still cant believe it. Regardless of his personal life, he was without a dought the most influential entertainer to walk this planet. Not to mention all the good he did for the whole world. Being that Im one of the oldest fucks on this site, I remember my mom taking me to the thriller tour in 84. I might still have the t shirt some where

R.I.P Micheal. Maybe now everyone will leave you alone!! Thank you for all youve given this dreary world. You will never be forgotten!!

HRD

Okay, I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but here goes. I have a ton of respect for MJ- he's one of the greatest musicians that ever lived, and he gains a lot of respect for his charity work as well. But remember, he's an alleged child molester, and someone in that other thread was saying how child molesters should die a thousand deaths or something like that. Am I the only one who senses some hypocrisy here? Even though he was found innocent, there are still some accusations against him regardless, and therefore, controversy, so inevitably, there will be jokes, because we can't be sure whether or not he is truly innocent. Like I said, it's ignorant to say that now that he's dead, all his sins will be forgiven.

Now before you label me a heretic or scum of the earth, just read that I do respect MJ, which is why I'm not the one making jokes. I'm just giving input, because even I find some of the jokes immature and tired. (although I'll admit I laughed at the Disney one)

With how his child hood was snatched from him a guy might think he was just living vicariously through the children...

I'm getting really sick of the MJ text forwards, none of which were worth a mild chuckle.

If you are one of these texting perpetrators, stop it.

But remember, he's an alleged child molester, and someone in that other thread was saying how child molesters should die a thousand deaths or something like that. Am I the only one who senses some hypocrisy here? Even though he was found innocent, there are still some accusations against him regardless, and therefore, controversy, so inevitably, there will be jokes, because we can't be sure whether or not he is truly innocent. Like I said, it's ignorant to say that now that he's dead, all his sins will be forgiven.

For my money they were only out for money. But the key word there is alleged. And again you're assuming he committed any sins to begin with. You're acting like the guy was absolutely guilty in saying "let's not forget his sins".

But seriously, I understand what you're saying.

Back