[Jan 24, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 ... Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

Vandy

[09] Warrior
Poster-Smallest.jpg

We are proud to announce the return of our annual tournament, Kumite in Tennessee!

Date:
January 24-26, 2014
This will be a 3 day event that requires online preregistration and will use a pool system. The week before the tournament starts the pools will be announced and the tournament will be capped.

Pre-Register now at http://kitrevival.com/ and click on the Register for KiT 14 Link
or directly here: http://kitrevival.com/register

Venue:
Lane Agri-Park Community Center
315 John R. Rice Blvd, Suite 101
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

If you came to our 2013 event, we are using the same place except we have the entire building this time. The room we are adding is twice the size of the room from 2013. The entire building is over 15,000 sq ft.

If you are flying, choose BNA – Nashville, TN. The airport is approximately 30-35 minutes from the venue.

We recommend the Super 8 that is near the venue. It is very nice as it was recently renovated. Most of the players who came to our 2013 event stayed there. It is less than 5 minutes away.
Super 8
127 Chaffin Pl, Murfreesboro, TN ‎37129
(615) 867-5000

Games:
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter IV Latest Edition (Xbox 360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
Soul Calibur V (PS3)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Xbox 360)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
Project M (Wii)
Persona 4 Arena (Xbox 360)
Killer Instinct (Xbox One)

Rules
Game specific rules will be posted very soon

Fees
Venue fee: $30 for online registration starting in September. Onsite registration will be raised to $50 on Friday afternoon Jan 24th and only if there is room under the cap.

Game Fee: $10 per tournament game

Spectator Pass: $10 online or $20 at the door for your 3 day spectator ticket

Prize Structure:

The prize is 70%/20%/10% split of entry fees or the following guaranteed minimum for every game (whichever is greater):

Street Fighter IV
1st: $700
2nd: $200
3rd: $100

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Melee
1st: $350
2nd: $100
3rd: $50

Project M
1st: $350
2nd: $100
3rd: $50

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
1st: $200
2nd: 20% of entry fees
3rd: 10% of entry fees

Soul Calibur V

Persona 4 Arena

Killer Instinct

Tournament Schedule:
Friday (1PM doors open): Special Events, Team Tournaments, and Gaming Party. Exact events TBA
Saturday (9 AM Doors Open): Pools for all main games. Finals for some games (TBA). Exact Pool Schedule released closer to tournament date, but expect the earliest pools to start at 11 AM.
Sunday (9 AM Doors Open): Finals (top 8) for some games (exact games TBA soon).

Online Streams
Tekken and Soul Calibur at http://www.twitch.tv/kitrevival
Street Fighter and Marvel at http://www.twitch.tv/Sixfortyfive
Injustice, Killer Instinct, and Dead or Alive at http://www.twitch.tv/PandaxGaming
Persona 4 Arena and Super Smash Bros. Melee at http://www.twitch.tv/dponwakeup

There will be food and drinks for sale at the venue. Hot dogs / burgers / chips / soda.

If you would like to contact us directly email us at kumiteintn@gmail.com

Be sure to like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KumiteInTennessee
Join our Facebook event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1400804123468935/1400804126802268/
Follow us on twitter at https://www.twitter.com/kitrevival

MANY MORE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING SOON!

We comply with the Anti-Collusion rules set forth by SRK and the tournament community:

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
First announcement on prizes at KiT '14: Each of the 10 main games will have a minimum payout of $200 for first place.

That includes Soul Calibur V so come on out!

Assuming my currently postponed pilot training start on the 24th remains postponed (seriously who scheduled it for a Friday in the first place =/), this will be my last chance to attend a tourney without a paperwork mountain. Looking forward to it.

I'll be there and I'm bringing friends. I live here in Murfreesboro so if anyone needs info or help I'd be happy to help any way possible

Excerpt from the kiT FAQ:

Q: How do I know KiT 14 will be a well-run tournament?
A: We have a lot of experience running events dating back over 10 years including major events with multiple games. We value time efficiency and promptness in our events and KiT is a TRENDSETTER in these areas. We are constantly thinking about how to improve player experience by making the event run as smoothly as possible. Since we are players ourselves, we know how frustrating it is to stand around not knowing when your game will start or why there are several empty stations with no tournament matches being played – this will not be the case at KiT. Because of this we are using pre-registration and a pool system to avoid that situation at all costs.

Q: I am more of a casual player. Why should I come to KiT 14?
A: The typical response on why you need to come to a tournament is you will never get better unless you come out and challenge yourself and play against good players with something on the line. While this is true, we want to go above that reasoning for KiT, and that is why we have rented our venue for an entire extra day on Friday. We will have official events that day but it will be a gaming party for everyone to play casually and also include some events that are free to enter but have a monetary prize to encourage playing to win but in a more casual setting. We will have artwork and sponsor tables showcasing and selling items. Throughout the weekend you will be able to watch and learn from the best players of your favorite game. It is of utmost importance to us that everyone who comes feels like it was worth the investment and the time, even for those who are only there to watch and socialize.

Q: I am a tournament veteran or hardcore player. Why should I come to KiT 14?
A: We are dedicated to making this tournament attractive to the very best players in each of our games. We have guaranteed minimum payouts for every game that will ensure you are playing for something worthwhile. We are also working hard on our scheduling to make sure you will be playing at your best. While Friday will have more of a laid back vibe, Saturday will be all business as we complete pools. Each game will receive stream time be it on Saturday or Sunday, so if you advance far enough you will get your time to shine and showcase your skills to everyone. We understand we do not know every community well enough to construct and seed a bracket so we have enlisted sub-directors for every game that the community knows and trusts. We are dedicated to and invested in every one of our games at KiT and will make sure to give them the respect they deserve.

Gamestergear_black_1.png

We are pleased to announce a partnership with a new sponsor to KiT. GamesterGear is an innovative company specializing in quality gaming products such as headsets, speakers, chargers, controllers, and more. Their dedication to quality products and the players lines up with the core values of KiT. Stay tuned for more information regarding product drawings to give to our players who have registered online, and in the meantime be sure to check out their website and like their Facebook page.

http://www.gamestergear.com
https://www.facebook.com/Gamestergear

Here it is, a Justice League piece donated by That 8-bit Guy Bead Art . It measures well over a foot square and features nine classic DC heroes. We will do the raffle for it live in mid December. To be eligible to win it, all you have to do is pre register for KiT before we do the drawing.

inj2.jpg

Be sure to head over to https://www.facebook.com/That8BitGuyBeadArt to put in your order to pick up or have made at KiT. I know I will!

Just announced today on www.kitrevival.com - we are running an official Friday tournament for Soul Calibur 2 HD! It will be streamed in its entirety on Friday on the kitrevival twitch channel.

To recap our Friday Events announced over the past few days:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R (PS3)
Soul Calibur 2 HD (PS3)
Project M Doubles (Wii)
Melee Double (Wii)
Tekken Tag 2 3v3 Event (PS3)
Marvel 3v3 Event (Xbox 360)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tag (Xbox 360)

Each event is $10 per player with the exception of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which will be a free to enter event.

All Friday Games we will take entry fees at the venue.

Last edited:
About the Friday games, can you buy the spectator pass and play in those tournaments or does everything require the main venue fee?

About the Friday games, can you buy the spectator pass and play in those tournaments or does everything require the main venue fee?

You just have to have access to the venue, so spectator pass is fine if you only want to do Friday events.

Today we have an exciting announcement on raffle prizes provided by GamesterGear! Pre-register for KiT 14 to be eligible to win one of 3 different GamesterGear headsets (PC, XBox 360, or PS3) or a GamesterGear Backpack! Check out the details on the headsets here:

PC Headset
PS3 Headset
XBox 360 Headset

We will begin raffles for our pre-registered guests starting in mid December!

combo.png

Here is the General Schedule of events for KiT 14. Keep in mind we are an efficient, on-time tournament. Plan your trip accordingly!

Detailed individual pool times and assignments will be released after online registration closes.

sched-all.png

Today we are announcing yet another prize you can win by simply pre-registering for KiT 14 online. This is a new PlayStation 3 Street Fighter 4 tournament stick by MadCatz. These popular sticks are becoming harder to find, so here is your chance to own one! We will start the raffles in mid December live on our twitch channel. Preregister now at www.kitrevival.com/register

0001.jpg

Game Directors posted here: kitrevival.com/staff

Jason.png

DreamTR
“I am a seasonsed tournament veteran with numerous top 8 finishes in national tournaments for Street Fighter Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Capcom vs SNK I, 2, Mortal Kombat II, UMK3, and MK4 as well as a top 16 national GameStop Finalist in Street Fighter IV. I have been running Midwest Championships, the longest running yearly touranament in the USA, since 1997. I also ran the national Alpha 3 tournament (Daigo Umehara’s first appearance in the USA) and the national Mortal Kombat (MK9) tournament for PDP. I am currently the owner of Game Galaxy Arcade with three locations across Alabama and Tennessee. The Nashville location is the hub for Middle Tennessee fighting games with a weekly fight night and monthly tournaments.”

ko.png

KOkingpin
“I have been into the Smash scene since the V-Games days (2005ish). I have been considered the Godfather of Middle Tennessee Smash where I have been in 2 Different crews: TWIPL (Those Who Inhabit Proximal Locations) and Middle TN Smash. I absolutely love this community and continue to play the game through Project M where I am a backroom member. I am excited and scared at the same time for Smash 4. I have messed around with a lot of other fighting games but nothing has ever caught my interest like Smash Brothers. I host weekly get togethers at my place where we also host other fighting games with my best friend and roommate Milln. Our house is pretty much the go to spot for Middle Tennessee to hang out and practice whatever game you want.”

icege.png

Icege
“My notable tournament placings are 9th at East Coast Championships 10 (T5.0), 9th at VTYME3 (T5.0), 5th at MLG Philly (T5.0), multiple top 16 finishes at Final Round (T4, T5.0, T5DR), and top 16 at ATL Regionals (T5.0). I am a jack of all trades and a master of none when it comes to games, but Tekken is where my heart is. I’m one of the few original Marduk players from his introduction during T4 remaining, as well as the inventor/discoverer of the VTSc technique during the days of T4 (eff you Japan and your ability to make combo videos before me! D:<). I’ve been organizing local tournaments for well over 10 years and have been a part of the Final Round staff for just under 10 years.”

marq.png

potatosalad
“I have played Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since day 1 though I didn’t started playing competitively until the last few months prior to the launch of Ultimate. I hit the ground running as a competitor once UMvC3 came out and haven’t looked back since. To date, I have won about a dozen tournaments amongst states in the SouthEast (AL, TN, GA, NC, FL). I started up the Alabama Turnbuckle Kings tournament series in Huntsville, AL about a year ago to help spark the local community’s interest in improving their play. The Team MARQ crew came about along the same time as a joke among a small group of friends but is slowly starting to be a recognized group in the FGC. Our primary goal now is to develop and showcase the hidden Marvel talent that lies in the SouthEast to the rest of the world through the various sessions, tournies, salty suites, etc. we host or attend.”

gweedo.png

Gweedo
“I recently moved to Tennessee from Florida, where I was an active member of the scene there. I am one of the old guys of the group, married with three kids. I have been into competitive gaming since the Dreamcast and Marvel Vs Capcom. I got into Halo Competing in local events and the early day MLG’s in Halo and Gears of War. I returned to the FGC once I moved from Michigan to Florida. During my time working at EA Sports we played Street Fighter 4 during lunches. Since then I have competed in games such as SSFAE, UMVC3, and Kof XIII with my Main Focus being MK9,Injustice, and TTT2. I have competed at CEO, FR for the last couple years and I help Jebailey, the organizer of the Community Effort Orlando (CEO) tournament, run pools at every monthly and major for the past two years. I also ran a few MK/Injustice tournaments before I left Florida. I hope to start hosting again once I move into a place that has size and allows it.”

vandy.png

Vandy
“Along with Beely Bounedara, I am the main tournament organizer for KiT 14. When it comes to running tournaments I value time and efficiency to ensure players have the best tournament experience possible. While Tekken is my favorite game, Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur are close seconds and I am very excited about the new Killer Instinct. Though in recent years the birth of my 2 children has kept me from traveling as much as I used to, I have been to places from Texas to Virginia to compete in DOA and Soul Calibur – mainly for SC2, SC3, DOA2U, and DOA4 where I competed under my old name, WoTmanX. With new entries into each series since I last compteted I am committed to seeing them grow. I consider myself a caretaker for these sometimes overlooked games at KiT and I am happy to give them the exposure they need.”

milln1.png

Milln
“I’ve been running tournaments and managing MTNG (Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming) for around 5 years now. I’ve always been a competitive gamer and had a knack for it. Over the years I’ve met several people that have been integral to my growth both as a fighting game player and as a tournament host. Guilty Gear has been in my life for as long if not longer and I’ve always had an interest in it. I don’t think I’ve met anyone that ever had anything truly negative to say about Guilty Gear. Everyone loves it. BlazBlue and Persona are the new airdasher games and people have taken to them as well, so where there’s competition, there’ll be events! That’s where I come in. My main focus is to give people a place to play and some structure for growth.”

Back