Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

Of the three images STIATG posted, I assume none of them are. The first image is Hilde's dad(Georg von Krone), the second doesn't have kanji that much up with Mitsurugi's name in his(I can't read kanji), and the pair in the third are two weirdos I'm utterly baffled about(their names are something in the nature of "Karnipolk" and "Karnipalk"). I haven't been following this thread closely, so I'm assuming you're referring to the images STIATG posted.

The second guy reminded me of Arcturus, Algol's son...

Well, the color image that we can only see the head of is Arcturus, but I was referring to the black and white picture of the guy in the robe with the long hair.

Of the three images STIATG posted, I assume none of them are. The first image is Hilde's dad(Georg von Krone), the second doesn't have kanji that much up with Mitsurugi's name in his(I can't read kanji), and the pair in the third are two weirdos I'm utterly baffled about(their names are something in the nature of "Karnipolk" and "Karnipalk"). I haven't been following this thread closely, so I'm assuming you're referring to the images STIATG posted.

Thanks for the info on Hilde's dad, he looks a lot like Siegfried's dad and even has feathers on his armor like in SCIII, but I figured he couldn't be considering there's already another page which covers Siegfried's father.

Speaking of which, what you translate next is totally up to you, but I was wondering if you could tell me who the people covered on these three pages are:

http://8wayrun.com/attachments/img_0296-jpg.13691/
http://8wayrun.com/attachments/img_0297-jpg.13692/
http://8wayrun.com/attachments/img_0304-jpg.13699/

Like I said, you don't need to translate those pages unless you want to, but I don't recognize the guys in those pictures so I was wondering if you could let me know who they are.

First guy, as already said, is Georg von Krone.
Second guy is Kokonoe Shûgen, a.k.a. Setsuka's teacher.
The last ones are the two priests from Fygul Cestemus who created Ashlotte. And while I'm at it, Ashlotte is also mentioned among the character bios and the chart, but her name is rendered completely different in katakana, "azu shusûru rokutosu". I presume it's her "cult name", much like how Astaroth's real name is "Azr Sstrazous". Could it be that Namco can't use the character's name freely?

Thank you for doing this Tuzark, Sectus, and anyone else I forgot. It feels good to brush up and find out story wise what happened.

First guy, as already said, is Georg von Krone.
Second guy is Kokonoe Shûgen, a.k.a. Setsuka's teacher.
The last ones are the two priests from Fygul Cestemus who created Ashlotte. And while I'm at it, Ashlotte is also mentioned among the character bios and the chart, but her name is rendered completely different in katakana, "azu shusûru rokutosu". I presume it's her "cult name", much like how Astaroth's real name is "Azr Sstrazous". Could it be that Namco can't use the character's name freely?

Thanks man, I figured that guy might be Kokonoe but I wasn't sure since I've never seen any artwork of him before.

And I'm surprised at how...battle-ready those cultists look. But then again, even Kunpaetku has survived a lot of shenanigans. Also interesting to learn Ashlotte's cult name, makes sense she'd have one.

which one of those are mitsurugi's brother ?

Didn't Namco flip-flop and say they canceled their plans of using the "Mitsu-bro" storyline? Instead they opted for him to fight Algol, who according to the main site doesn't exist in SCV. Neither does Kilik or Edge Master.

Thanks for all the translating, Tuzark, it's appreciated :D

Would Ashlotte's "real" name be Greek by any chance? I'm thinking the same thing for Astaroth, though the first syllable for Ashlotte gives me vibes of middle eastern languages. I'm thinking something akin to "Loctos" for the third part of the name, but the first two parts leave me baffled. Not that I'm exactly knowledgeable about Greek either, it just feels right to me. I'm curious, but in any event I'd definitely prefer listening to the opinions on it from someone else than my own.

Thanks man, I figured that guy might be Kokonoe but I wasn't sure since I've never seen any artwork of him before.

And I'm surprised at how...battle-ready those cultists look. But then again, even Kunpaetku has survived a lot of shenanigans. Also interesting to learn Ashlotte's cult name, makes sense she'd have one.
His best shenanigan was the time Maxi killed him and Kunpaetku decided to live anyway.
Has anyone posted any Astaroth artwork from the book? I wanted to see what 2p designs they chose to turn down in order to use his current 2p.

So, I'm a little vague on this. If Ashlotte is a canon character, does that mean it is theoretically possible for her to be a main or bonus character in a future game, or does Project Soul not have the rights to her likeness, so she has to be like Charade and quietly nudged aside? 'Cause to be honest I think I'd rather have her reappear at a later date than Bangoo.

Also, if Taki's MIA looking for her supposedly dead, possessed mentor, I suspect Zasalamel is behind her disappearance. He's the only one we know of that can raise the dead...

Interesting to hear that Aeon is being granted power by Ares, but I wonder how well the God Of War thought that move through, given how swimmingly that went with Astaroth 1.0 and Aeon's general hate for all things divine. We all know how Ares bestowing curses and badass fighting skills on an angry, morally bankrupt, god-hating Spartan went in a certain other game...

Don't know if anyone saw it, so repeating my request for translating Yoshimitsu's part if there is one in the book. Thank you!

So, I'm a little vague on this. If Ashlotte is a canon character, does that mean it is theoretically possible for her to be a main or bonus character in a future game, or does Project Soul not have the rights to her likeness, so she has to be like Charade and quietly nudged aside? 'Cause to be honest I think I'd rather have her reappear at a later date than Bangoo.

I think Ashlotte got upgraded to canon character because she wasn´t as godawful as the other guest ones.

I think Ashlotte got upgraded to canon character because she wasn´t as godawful as the other guest ones.

Well, she's also got a direct relation to a real, canon character in the series and fits the backstory better than the others.

But yeah, not having a horrible squeaky voice or a weird face was probably a point in her favor. People liked Shura too, though, and at this point I think it makes more sense for Shura to have Cervantes' moves than Cervantes himself. :/

Thanks for all the translating, Tuzark, it's appreciated :D

Would Ashlotte's "real" name be Greek by any chance? I'm thinking the same thing for Astaroth, though the first syllable for Ashlotte gives me vibes of middle eastern languages.

No problem :).

Well, since Fygul Cestemus got mixed in with some Greek beliefs in ancient times and their lairs were located around the area of the Persian desert, I'd say it's possible. Though bear in mind that the language was made-up by Namco afterall, so who knows?

That said, I'm pretty sure the first part of Ashlotte's name is the same one used in Astaroth's (Azr), both are written with the same katakana (azu). In Fygul language, that means "New".

If Ashlotte is a canon character, does that mean it is theoretically possible for her to be a main or bonus character in a future game, or does Project Soul not have the rights to her likeness

Actually, all the gals from Soulcalibur IV are canon, it's just that Ashlotte got the strongest ties to a current character and thus got the privilege of being referenced.

I'm personally not really sure what's the deal with the rights here. I find it really odd that all references to Ashlotte are given in her new "cult name", specially since she's the only one to get this treatment (Astaroth, Kunpaetku...all are called their normal names). I tend to believe Namco owns their backstory but not their looks/names. The fact Angol Fear got a cameo in Srgt. Frog seemingly without any hassle (did Namco even got any credits there?) seems to support that theory. But it's just a theory, I could be wrong.

Also, if Taki's MIA looking for her supposedly dead, possessed mentor, I suspect Zasalamel is behind her disappearance. He's the only one we know of that can raise the dead...

That'd be interesting. What I'd love is that the rumors are being spread by former subordinates of Toki to bait Taki and get their revenge. Hopefully led by Geki, please!

Don't know if anyone saw it, so repeating my request for translating Yoshimitsu's part if there is one in the book. Thank you!

Don't worry, I'll keep it in mind whenever new scans/images are posted. I'm pretty sure everyone got some nifty blue-squared "Notes" to expand on their backstory, Yoshi included.

Back