Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

It's scary though. Raphael died during the events of SCIV. Now Nighty supposedly die after getting defeated by Zwei. And then Zwei got stabbed and either died or is fatally injured.
Only Talim is alive even though she's not in the game. But I have a scary feeling that she might end up dying as well. (>@_@) It's prophecised she's the last wind priestess so that's not a good sign. And... I have a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach about Viola's words to Raph.
"The moon will swallow the sun and it will never rise again." :sc5vio1:
I could be paranoid in thinking about Talim's medallion with the sun and moon but when I think about how she and Raph had a destined battle in SCIII, and they're like complete opposites... I hope she doesn't get bitten by that guy or something when she does come back. *Crosses more fingers*
I doubt ZWEI is dead, he wouldn't die that easily. Plus he has E.N.I that would save him. And Rapheal is not dead he woke up again and starts sourcing for Amy. And what do you mean only Talim is alive? How about Mina, Taki, Cassandra, yun seong? There all dead? I totally disagree with that. They are just gone but you can't say that their dead. Or you ment something else?

I don't see why people act like Soul Edge and Soul Calibur being dead is new or something. That is pretty much the plot point tying each game together with a new installment. It is probably the first thing the story writers discuss:

"Soul Edge and/or Soul Calibur destroyed? Not for long..."

If a new game comes out, the story continues whether the reasoning is rationale or not. Also, I believe the correct wording was, "Both Raphael and Nightmare were dead but now they are back! Why is that?"

In regards to Z.W.E.I., my speculation still consists of him either being used as the new host for Nightmare, surviving the fall due to E.I.N., or another unforeseen plot point thrown in there to elaborate his past. I mean what if they throw in that he is part Wolverine and can magically heal stabs to the spine?

--Forgon

Raphael is dead. That's why I believe he was the body under Ostreinsburg and is now the vessel for Soul Edge in V. The Raphael we see is likely a spirit or something, he has weird mist stuff coming from him in his official artwork for V.

This is all just my opinion and speculation though. (Apart from Raph being dead, he's dead as a dodo T.T)

Edit - Also Cassandra is in Astral Chaos, Taki is off on a journey, that's why Natsu goes looking for her.
It's pretty sad that no one goes and look for Cassandra, what do you guy think, is she dead or not?

I doubt ZWEI is dead, he wouldn't die that easily. Plus he has E.N.I that would save him. And Rapheal is not dead he woke up again and starts sourcing for Amy. And what do you mean only Talim is alive? How about Mina, Taki, Cassandra, yun seong? There all dead? I totally disagree with that. They are just gone but you can't say that their dead. Or you ment something else?
Raphael died sometime after SCIV. No one was talking about Mina, Taki, Cassandra, nor Yun Seung. Darkwings was speaking about her mains, not every character who wasn't included in the game.

On topic.... Cassandra most likely isn't dead IMO. If the developers wanted her dead, then they could've just say that Tira came and killed Cassandra after Sophitia and she fought. Instead, they said she got sucked into Astral Chaos which means she's either coming back, someone finds her in there, or she dies a cruel death via. Night Terror (most unlikely). OR she could just wander there forever like Patroklos had.

In SCVI or if we get a story expansion, Viola and Zwei better get more screen time. I mean, their story would be amazing (much better that Patty Cakes and Pretty Pyrrha) if they dove into it more. It would contain intricate prophecies and cool fight scenes. :D

EDIT: I just remembered something. I think Elysium would make a great plot device in SCVI. I believe that to a certain extent, she's just as evil as Nightmare. Sure, she doesn't go around slaughtering millions to harvest their souls, but she will do anything no matter the cost to purify the world. I think a perfect example of this would be in Cassandra's SCIV ending. Soul Calibur asked Cassandra if she dared to exstinguish the light of humanity for selfish gain which I find ironic. Soul Calibur is calling itself the light of humanity and saying that Cassandra would destroy it to suit herself. Soul Calibur is being very selfish and trying to suit herself by trying to freeze the whole world. Anyways, back to my point, Soul Calibur tried to make the tower collapse (I believe that she tried to cause an earthquake or something of the sorts when Cassandra grabbed her) just to get rid of Cassandra so she could live. In short, Elysium could make a very good antagonist by tricking people by making them believe she is Sophitia, or anyone from their past for that matter. I feel that she would be more ruthless than Nightmare himself. All Nightmare wants is souls, but Elysium wants order, and she will stop at nothing until she achieves her quota.

I think ZWEI is dead because nobody likes him so in the next game they'll give him the axe.
I think that is the worst logic to get rid of a character. Lol So by that logic, because people say Viola is OP and nobody likes her she should get the axe? I don't think so. I like ZWEI and so do a lot of people. They like his character, but not so much his render..... or his fighting style because it's not so versatile. If they balance his moveset he'll be fine.

I've met a lot of people who hate his render, his playstyle, and his place in the story.
But yeah I wasn't really being that serious.

This is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally off topic, but I'd think it'd be really cool and awesome if they had a new antagonist like this in the next game. It's Illua from Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance 2.
ffta2-illua.jpg

Im so glad Im not the only who sees just how ruthless Soul Calibur is.

Soul Calibur is also arrogant if you think about it~ She's all like " Im the light of the world yo!" lol okay maybe not like that but you get what I mean...~

Im so glad Im not the only who sees just how ruthless Soul Calibur is.

Soul Calibur is also arrogant if you think about it~ She's all like " Im the light of the world yo!" lol okay maybe not like that but you get what I mean...~
Now I see why Siegfried handed the sword over to Patroklos. He probably saw that the sword would take over his mind like Soul Edge did.

I think ZWEI is dead because nobody likes him so in the next game they'll give him the axe.

By that logic, half the cast would be dead.

-Siegfried
-Viola
-Pyrrha
-Natsu
-Xiba
-Aeon
-Mitsurugi
-Maxi
-Voldo
-Dampierre
-Astaroth
-Edge Master
-Kilik

NOTE: Raphael isn't listed because he already is dead, and Nightmare isn't listed because he's Raphael.

Who is night Terror? Is night Terror same person as nightmare? And if Rapheal is dead, Then who is the Rapheal in SCV?

Night Terror's background is different between SC3 and SC5.

SC3: Night Terror is what happens when you combine Nightmare with both Soul Swords. Since Nightmare is Soul Edge's will, Soul Edge ends up overpowering Soul Calibur and becomes a godlike being that only exists to destroy everything.

SC5: Night Terror is an entity that exists in Astral Chaos. It personifies catastrophe and anything it passes through completely ceases to exist. Even Algol is afraid of it.

Back