Jtdam09's Character Designs

jtdam09

[13] Hero
I'm sure some have already known, but....I dabble in some art. I mainly like to do character designs. I've always drawn people, and likely will expand. For now, I do Fanart or OC of media, though I'll show some characters from my own projects as well.

For now, I'll show one.

ma_yunlu_design_by_johnnyboy09-d608nzc.png

Ma Yunlu is a character from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms universe. Though she isn't a character in the famous ROTK novel, nor is she historical, she is quite popular in Japan. This was my rendition of her for "Dienasty Warriors".

A little info. She's Ma Chao's sister, and Zhao Yun's wife, though the wife part won't be shown in the game just yet. Most of the time she's around Ma Chao being the moral support, but once she joins Shu, she becomes Yueying's apprentice. Her personality compares to a man throughout the entire story mode. With the addition of European influence, she shows some classic Western sophistication and mannerisms towards acquaintances that others may find unusual. For example, when she greets individuals, she first tips her hat to them. She uses this as a front so her position as a fit soldier can be taken seriously. Actions of femininity are behind closed doors, and when she does do something feminine out in the open and notices it, she immediately corrects it. I figured this could be a goof with her character.

Her weapon is the bladed bow gun. She uses the sword for close distances and bullets, or pellets, for short distances.

I'm sure some have already known, but....I dabble in some art. I mainly like to do character designs. I've always drawn people, and likely will expand. For now, I do Fanart or OC of media, though I'll show some characters from my own projects as well.

For now, I'll show one.

ma_yunlu_design_by_johnnyboy09-d608nzc.png

Ma Yunlu is a character from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms universe. Though she isn't a character in the famous ROTK novel, nor is she historical, she is quite popular in Japan. This was my rendition of her for "Dienasty Warriors".

A little info. She's Ma Chao's sister, and Zhao Yun's wife, though the wife part won't be shown in the game just yet. Most of the time she's around Ma Chao being the moral support, but once she joins Shu, she becomes Yueying's apprentice. Her personality compares to a man throughout the entire story mode. With the addition of European influence, she shows some classic Western sophistication and mannerisms towards acquaintances that others may find unusual. For example, when she greets individuals, she first tips her hat to them. She uses this as a front so her position as a fit soldier can be taken seriously. Actions of femininity are behind closed doors, and when she does do something feminine out in the open and notices it, she immediately corrects it. I figured this could be a goof with her character.

Her weapon is the bladed bow gun. She uses the sword for close distances and bullets, or pellets, for short distances.

She looks amazing. Her hat reminds me of the Spanish conquistadors, though.

She looks amazing. Her hat reminds me of the Spanish conquistadors, though.
That was the premise of the design. lol

It's supposed to be European influenced, since her brother Ma Chao, and her cousin Ma Dai have some overtones of it too.

Okay, sorry for the late update but I had these done for a while.

chen_gong_design_by_johnnyboy09-d62v1xm.png

Dynasty Warriors very own Jesus Christ. lol

Well, he's more of the character that wants to find righteousness in the war, but keeps going through so many obstacles in order to find it. He starts out as a close friend of Cao Cao's and his adviser. Later on, after realizing that Cao Cao was rather reckless, Chen Gong migrated to Lu Bu's force.

His weapon is a cross inspired by the Tsukubo. He would use it like a polearm in an unorthodox manner, while his element is black smoke.

NOTE: I made this waaayyyy before Chen Gong was designed by KOEI.

yuan_shu_concept_by_johnnyboy09-d5ova3z.png

Yuan Shao's rather arrogant brother. To put it in casual terms, he's Yuan Shao times 2 when it comes to cockiness. He spends no time getting his way over the Sun family.

His weapon would be a pipe. Normal attacks are using it like a polearm, while charge attacks have him blowing fire out of it.

liao_hua_concept_by_johnnyboy09-d5truxb.png

With a Yellow Turban background, Liao Hua became heavy influenced by Guan Yu and his contributions on the battlefield, to where he would become a member of his force, being promoted alongside Guan Yu's adopted son, Guan Ping. Liao Hua would be taught various strategies and battle techniques from Guan Yu that he would use after Guan Yu's unexpected death.

Liao Hua's weapon is called a "Spear Pack", which is five spears in a case. He uses one of them in one hand for normal attacks, while uses the other four all at once. One of his musou attacks involves him shooting the spears at his enemies.

lu_lingqi_concept_by_johnnyboy09-d5lvf2x.png
Lu Bu's bloodknight daughter. Ever since she was little, she has witnessed the bloodshed at her very eyes. To the point that it has tampered with her sanity. Now she fights alongside her father hoping to communicate with him, since her mother (Lady Yan) died. On the battlefield, she can go from calm and monotone to aggressive sadistic. Sometimes with a smile on her face.

Her weapon here are two daggers on a rope. They are meant to operate not only as daggers, but as a rope dart. I figured the twin daggers without the rope could work as well.

As a little extra...heeeeeeeeeeeerrreeeee's crazy Lu Lingqi.

do_not_pursue_____lu_lingqi_by_johnnyboy09-d69vg6w.jpg

Finally, I'm back with another character. This time my depiction of Li Long's son, Riki.

riki_primary_outfit_by_johnnyboy09-d6kwduk.png

My depiction was a little more based on the anti-hero look. A rough, thug-like ninja with a laidback attitude just like his sister. His facial structure and hair are inspired by two Japanese actors: Yusuke Iseya, and Yōsuke Kubozuka. A lovely combination isn't it?

Riki's weapon I wanted something similar to his father, but with a Japanese flair, so I chose a dual edge chain sickle.

riki_secondary_outfit_by_johnnyboy09-d6kwe2y.png
This attire was inspired entirely on Li Long's primary outfits, which consisted mainly of this color scheme. It was also inspired by Gennosuke from Basilisks (or Shinobi: Heart Under Blade to be exact).

Finally, I'm back with another character. This time my depiction of Li Long's son, Riki.

My depiction was a little more based on the anti-hero look. A rough, thug-like ninja with a laidback attitude just like his sister. His facial structure and hair are inspired by two Japanese actors: Yusuke Iseya, and Yōsuke Kubozuka. A lovely combination isn't it?

Riki's weapon I wanted something similar to his father, but with a Japanese flair, so I chose a dual edge chain sickle.

This attire was inspired entirely on Li Long's primary outfits, which consisted mainly of this color scheme. It was also inspired by Gennosuke from Basilisks (or Shinobi: Heart Under Blade to be exact).

Badass!! =D Do you draw with just pencil and paper or do you use like a digital pen?? (I've just seen a lot of people doing that now)

Badass!! =D Do you draw with just pencil and paper or do you use like a digital pen?? (I've just seen a lot of people doing that now)
I use a hard graphite pencil for starters, then render it with mechanical pencil. The coloring is digital pen.

I haven't gotten used to drawing with a tablet just yet. I've tried it before and it turned out pretty good, but using a pencil mades the drawing more fluid.

I like Riki's first outfit, and nice touches you made with his second outfit.

Back