[Jul 11, 2014] EVO 2014 SCV and SC2 Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

EVO 2014 is rapidly approaching and much the same as last year we are not included in the main lineup. However, we are planning to host a side tournament for Soul Calibur V and Soul Calibur 2! @Revin122, TwinGalaxies co host @Jennifer Zhang,and I have all stepped up and want to do our best to make this a great experience for you guys. However to make this all possible, we are going to need your help. Yes, we need interest from you guys to be able to have this tournament. We need you guys to attend!!

evobanner2small-640x300.png

I understand that this is all last minute. However, I still firmly believe this event will be exciting and is not an event you are going to want to miss. Similar circumstances happened last year and we still ended up getting great numbers along with a very well-run exciting tournament. I understand that this is a selfish request. Not every one of you will be able to attend, but for those of you who can please try your best to make it. We are trying our best to make this event as great as we possibly can. This is not an event you want to miss out on!

evo2014.jpg

As many of you already know, EVO is the premier video game tournament for fighting games and is held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Fighting game players from around the world are drawn together by their common universal love of fighting games. In fact, EVO's location alone makes this event worth travelling to. Like what was said in last year's thread; Getting some drinks and walking down the strip with your fellow fighting game players is always a terrific experience.

soulcalibur_v_characters_by_faretis-d5kaggn.jpg

Finally, to make sure you guys attend and to help generate interest for the tournament I have asked some well-known community players for their support. @Ramon @Zane @Revin122, @Alex.J, @GreatOne1939 @Rikki_TikkiTavi and a couple of other well-known community members have all voiced their support and would love to see SCV at EVO. @Revin122 has even graciously stepped up and offered $500 in donations to the pot! (Big shoutouts to you my friend.)
@Zane has stepped up and offered ANOTHER $500 in donations to the SCV pot but only on ONE condition. We have to get at LEAST 60 players, any less and the pot bonus will remain at only $500

Current SCV pot: $650 ($1150 if we get 60+ entrants)

Current SC2 pot: $1000

UPDATE: Over the past week many members of our community have shown interest in a SC2 side-tournament. I promised I would add SC2 to the lineup if enough interest was shown, and to be honest more than enough interest was shown (We even got interest from Japan!). As a way of sparking interest for SC2, @Revin122 has once again generously stepped up and offered $500 in donations to the SC2 pot. To promote even MORE interest, @Jer has offered another $100 to the pot. To further support SC2 at EVO, @Talim JP has unselfishly stepped up and offered $100 more to the pot!

Good news, @banes has unselfishly stepped up and offered yet another $100 in donations to the SC2 pot!! Thanks to him the SC2 pot current stands at $800

soul-calibur-2-5.jpg

$20 Entry for SCV
$20 Entry for SC2

$30 entry if you enter BOTH games. If you do this, $20 goes to the pot of the Soul Calibur game of your choosing, while $10 will go to pot of the other SC game. This is to help bond the community together and encourage cross-participation for both our beloved games!

If you are even slightly considering this tournament I ask that you please reply to this thread or use the RSVP system. Show us and other players your interest! I am convinced that this is going to be one of the best events of this year. For those of you attending, see you guys there!

EDIT: @Tomahawk has joined our team. However, he said he still isn't sure wether he will be able to help much or even at all. Nevertheless, I am excited to have somebody who has previous experience running an EVO side-tourney on our team :).

Watch the SCV trailer for EVO 2014 at

Full EVO 2014 Schedule:

Friday:

Signups for SC2: 8-11 AM in the BYOC area.
Bracket creation: 11-12 PM
Pre-top 8 matches: 12:15-5:00 PM
Top 8 on Madcatz stage: 5:15-8 PM

Saturday:

Signups for SCV: All day Friday, 8-11 AM Saturday in the BYOC.
Bracket creation: 11-12:20 PM
Pre-top 8 matches: 12:35-5:45 PM
Top 8 on Madcatz stage: 6-9 PM

PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE. If you miss the deadline for signups there is nothing I can do for you. Late sign-ups will NOT be accepted. Please be there early!! I cannot stress this enough!!

Last edited:
If there's a demand for it and if there is more time, we should probably do a SC2 side tourney...

Reactions: Jer
If there's a demand for it and if there is more time, we should probably do a SC2 side tourney...

Totally! To help create hype, I'll commit a $100 pot bonus to an SC2 side tourney, if it looks like there's interest. I'd also be willing to run brackets, if that would help out.

Totally! To help create hype, I'll commit a $100 pot bonus to an SC2 side tourney, if it looks like there's interest. I'd also be willing to run brackets, if that would help out.
I'd be willing to run it if SC2 generates enough interest

UPDATE:

@Zane has stepped up and offered ANOTHER $500 in donations to the pot but only on ONE condition. We have to get at LEAST 60 players, any less and the pot bonus will remain at only $500. This is our chance, let us show the other FGC communities how strong we are!

Last edited:
Over the past couple days I have witnessed an exceptional amount of interest for SC2. I promised you guys we would arrange a SC2 tournament with enough interest. I'm excited to announce that so far we have had more than enough interest to run an effective SC2 tournament.
As an act of goodwill and to help promote even more interest for SC2, Revin and Jer have already stepped up and donated a combined $600 to the SC2 pot! If you are a fan of SC2, you do not want to miss out on this side-tournament!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
How do you sign up for this event?

I will see if I can work around my Tekken pool time to join up!
Thanks for reminding me!

Since we are a side-tournament, you are going to have sign up on the day of.

Signups for SC2 will most likely take place in the BYOC area Friday 8:00-10 AM
While signups for SCV will most likely take place all day Friday and Saturday 8:00-10:00 AM.

$20 Entry for SCV
$20 Entry for SC2

$30 entry if you enter BOTH games. If you do this, $20 goes to the pot of the Soul Calibur game of your choosing, while $10 will go to pot of the other SC game. This is to help bond the community together and encourage cross-pariticipation for both our beloved games!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back