[Jul 16, 2011] Toronto Top Tiers School Rumble (Toronto, Ontario)

neorussell

[10] Knight
SchoolRumble.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed our Resurrection Tournament. You can read the results about the tourny here. We will try to be consistant with our Tournaments and make it in a monthly basis.

This tournament is a great place to practice for EVO. With 2 weeks away for the biggest Gaming Event of the year, I would recommend you come to get your SKILLS increased.

TRAILER:

DATE:
July 16th @ 12pm

LOCATION AND ADDRESS:
Ryerson University – Engineering Building.
Room Number - ENG-LG11

DIRECTIONS:
Dundas Station. Go east to Church street and you’ll see Ryerson Engineering Building a bit north. Head downstairs once your in Ryerson.

FOOD:
Lots of places to eat around the area. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL in the premises. There will be security guards passing by from time to time.

PARKING:
Right in Front of the Building. There is a pay parking. Weekends are $10 for the whole day.
Be a trooper and just take Subway. Save yourself the Gas and Parking money.

VENUE FEE: $10
People should be aware that $10 is a Standard Venue Fee for tournaments now.

PARTICIPATION FEE: $10
It will be $10 per game you participate in.

STREAM
Stream will be provided by our very own TTT RXS.
Stream can be found at Justin.TV/TorontoTopTiers

Sponsor: Omega Collectables
Email: omega_collectables@sympatico.ca
Phone Number: 416.894.6186

-Been in business for over 4 years selling exclusively online.
-Specialize in new games, accessories, systems.
-Also offers wholesale pricing for resellers
-They will have a booth in the event for their merchandise. Pls. check their warez out.

12:00pm - Registration Begins
1:00pm - SSFIV Singles Begin
2:00pm - All other games start

We will be more diligent about the start of the tournament this time around. Please be registered between 12-1p so that we can start this tournament as soon as possible. I do understand that you guys have things to do but you have 3 weeks to make yourself available on time. We are cracking down on how to properly follow the schedule this time around.

STREAM SCHEDULE:
1:00p-3:00p - SSFIV:AE
3:00p-5:00p - MvC3
5:00p-9:00p - Top 4 of SCIV, BBCS2, MK, T6 and BBCS2.
9:00p-10:00p - MvC3 Top 4
10:00p-11:00p - SSFIV:AE Top 4

Another schedule we will follow in regards to the streaming the games. In Resurrection tournament, we just ran SSFIV straight which was fine IMO. Around the 3rd hour, we kind of lost some viewers. So we will be mixing it up with MvC3 this time around. I would also like for everyone to be aware of the Stream Schedule so that we get the proper views. Tell your friends to tune in or selectively Tune in because of the schedule.

Times are subject to change since I know some games don't take long to finish top 4.

Soul Calibur IV (PS3)
$10 entry
Double elimination tournament
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per semi final match
3 out of 5 games grand finals

Marvel VS Capcom 3 (360)
$10 entry

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360)
$10 entry

Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$10 entry

BlazBlue CS2 (PS3)
$10 entry

Tekken 6 BR (PS3)
$10 entry

If you have any stick/button problems at anytime, STOP PLAYING, get up and inform the director. The stick will be fixed/changed and the match will be replayed. If you decide to whine about the sticks after the match, YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLAY MATCH.

The console equipment will be labeled and registered to ensure its safety. However, please be careful with your sticks. Furthermore, if you know you?re attending and you do not have a stick to use, make sure you have a friend who can donate. All singles matches will enforce a 5 minute rule and if you can?t find a stick within that time you will be disqualified. This is advance warning and will not be brought up again.

_________
Event Raffle

Torontotoptiers.com will be holding a raffle on the day of the tournament.
I do want everyone to have a chance to win.

Raffle Prizes:
-More Info in the coming weeks.

Raffle Prices:
Tickets can be purchased from the main table.

1 ticket = $2
2 tickets = $4
3 tickets = $5

The tickets are to cover the behind cost of running the tournament. Equipment, drinks, pot bonus, dinner for volunteers and whatever else comes in mind.

For paying the Venue Fee, you will get 1 free raffle tickets for a chance to win the following items:

Raffle Time is @ 5p:
If you are not in the venue when I call a ticket number, I will pick another one.
The time is listed so no argument about you not being there.

If you are coming from out of town, please let us know.
We want to make sure everybody is accommodated.

Yes. Do it. I'll be there, and I hope everyone else can show up. The last couple of SC tourneys have been tons of fun.

Are you guys really going to let Russel keep his win? When is the next time you'll have a chance to take that belt back?

LOCATION AND ADDRESS:
Ryerson University – Engineering Building.
Room Number - ENG-LG11

DIRECTIONS:
Dundas Station. Go east to Church street and you’ll see Ryerson Engineering Building a bit north. Head downstairs once your in Ryerson.

FOOD:
Lots of places to eat around the area. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL in the premises. There will be security guards passing by from time to time.

Good luck to everyone. I'd go but I haven't been able to get a shift swap with anyone at my work. =\

im coming to this and going to a concert afterwards, it's only a few blocks away, I love it!

SHOUTOUTs TO Silent Wall and Eli To be in Grand Final and destroying Neo Russel!
SHOUTOUTS to Partisan and Emlar for Commentating the stream.
And SHOUTOUTS to ringout to be so important in Soulcalibur.

BAN RING OUTS.

That stuff is for losers, just like UnLoboChileno... The fact is, only inhumane people support ROs, along with gay marriage.

BAN RING OUTS.

That stuff is for losers, just like UnLoboChileno... The fact is, only inhumane people support ROs, along with gay marriage.

Wath U Mad bro? Sorry to tell you but theres alot of Canadian that plays with Ring out, And if u ban the RO... Its like banning another tool for winning.

And wtf Ban Gay Marriage? Wath did they do to you?

Results:

SCIV
1: Eli Sunny
2: SilentWall
3: TTT NeoRussell - *insert shameless plug* neorussell.com
4: moneymuffins
5: Emlarr
5: Partisan
7: Mattimus64s
7: PHatBoy27
9: Ragnar
9: GentlistHulk_2
9: Mattimus
13: Kash
13: Page

I have a lot to say, but I'll leave that for the Toronto thread.

Great Tournament
Great Experience

Congrats Eli!:)
I'm a bit upset that they did the raffle during the GRAND FINALS, but either way this was a great tournament. Nice try SilentWall.

Edit: Oh and I just heard Russell won MK tourney? Nice!

Back