[Jul 4, 2012] Pre-EVO Independence Day Tournament - Immortal Gamers League (Las Vegas, Nevada)

Sora

[11] Champion
Hi everyone!

For those of you arriving early for EVO, we have a treat for you. Immortal Gamers League, the local FG group here is holding a July 4th event! Come out for drinks, BBQ and get your practice on for EVO! The venue close to the strip and about 5-10 minutes away from Caesar's.

You can also contact me at 415.598.8250 if you're in the area and need info.

Hope to see you there!
----

Date: Wednesday, July 4th
Time: Casuals start at 12pm, Tournament starts at 4/5pm.
Location: Immortal Gamers League, 5790 Rogers St. Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Cross streets: Russell and Decatur)
Entry Fee: $10, this is to cover costs of food for the BBQ and drinks that people will be having. Casual setups are free to play. For those participating in the tournament, see a separate entry fee below.

This is a pre-event that I've been wanting to hold before Evolution. I know how my first Evo was 10 years ago when I barely knew anyone at the event. Back then Evo only had around 400 - 500 attendees. Now it has grown to sizes probably around 20 times that amount. This event will be for new attendees and veterans alike. It's to make sure people get that last minute grind session in before the big weekend, but at the same time have everyone get to know one-another. Now when you show up to the ballroom on the first day you won't feel so nervous or leftout since you know a couple people there. We will also be having multiple tournaments running for all the games that are being showcased at Evo. The space should be pretty big and hopefully it's not too hot or windy that day. Also, from the location you get a beautiful view of the strip so we should be able to see all the fireworks go off which all starts around sunset. So come down get some games in, get some food and drinks, and get to know everyone. Hope to see you all there.

Hellfromabove
-Tha Hindu

Tournament Info:

Entry Fee: $10 per game
**Payouts for all games is 70/20/10**

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 Singles
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
**Winner may change ultra, but has to pick ultra first after loser picks character**

Street Fighter X Tekken 2v2 Teams
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
**Gems are banned**
**Console specific characters are banned**

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Singles
3/5 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
**You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.**
**Winner must keep the same characters, but can switch assists.**

King of Fighters 13 Singles
PS3/360 (Whatever is available)
Team VS (3on3)
2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
60 second time limit
Double Elimination
**DLC characters are allowed**

Soul Calibur 5 Singles
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
60 second time limit
Double Elimination
**DLC characters are legal and latest patch will be used**
**Custom charaters and DJ are banned**

Mortal Kombat 9 Singles
90 second time limit
Double Elimination
**DLC characters are legal and latest patch will be used**
**Use of any codes are banned**
**Kratos is banned**

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Singles
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
45 second time limit
220 health set
Double Elimination
**Loser can change character and/or pick a random stage, cannot directly pick a stage of choice**
**Dural is banned**

***Event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)***

***Any game that does not get a suitable amount of entrants will have the match format changed to a round robin style tournament***

***Players using any wireless pads or sticks must desynch them after their match. If not and this disturbs a match this will lead to a disqualification.***

What time you guys planning on starting the SCV tourney? I gotta drop my wife off at the airport at about 2:30, then i can head over.

What time you guys planning on starting the SCV tourney? I gotta drop my wife off at the airport at about 2:30, then i can head over.

I'll get the actual timing of the tournament shortly. Working out those final details. :)

Updated the first post. Tournament will start at 4/5pm. Casuals open at 12pm.

How do we get to the venue from Caesar's Palace?

I land around 3pm Wednesday.. so I'll try to make this.

How do we get to the venue from Caesar's Palace?

I land around 3pm Wednesday.. so I'll try to make this.

Cab should be around $10-15. If you can't get a ride, let me know and I can give you a lift. :)

Thanks for the offer Sora, but if we make it there's gonna be like 7 of us... so unless you drive a bus the cabs sound great haha :)

Thanks for the offer Sora, but if we make it there's gonna be like 7 of us... so unless you drive a bus the cabs sound great haha :)

Lol, more the merrier I say. But with 7 the taxi is gonna be very cheap per person! :) Looking forward to seeing you there. Let me know if you guys need more info.

WTF! y'all shoulda told me about this sooner! ugh

IGL treats their players and guests very nicely, btw. enjoy guys!

WTF! y'all shoulda told me about this sooner! ugh

IGL treats their players and guests very nicely, btw. enjoy guys!

Sorry, it took us a while to get final details. I take it that you can't make it? :(

We'll still party it up anyway at a diff time. Lol. See you soon.

lmao^

Anyways, what the fuck Sora- I would've made it if I had known (much like Genver). Oh well, see ya'll Thursday.

Back