[Jun 10, 2011] CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships (Orlando, Florida)

Hey guys, early bird registration ends this week. So if you haven't registered yet, do it soon!

ceo_flyer1.jpg
ceo_flyer2.jpg

Official Flyers for CEO 2011. Still waiting on this "big announcement" to come...CEO 2011 Early Bird badge registration officially ends Feb 28th, 2011. Afterwards it goes up by $5, pre-reg early to save yo' lunch money..

EDIT: CEO 2011 shirts are up for grabs as well!

Cool beans, glad we've got some hype now. We need more names to come out and support Calibur!

I'm in, gonna have to wait a bit longer to register due to money constraints. But I'm gonna be there, at least for the SC4 tourney. All weekend long is to much for me to do, but for the SC4 part, I think I can manage that if it's saturday.

So I just decided to check my email, and the big news is in, EventHubs.com has jumped on board with CEO 2011, they'll be covering brackets, streams and even contribute to prize money. More info to come!!

@Mammoth: We are pushing for the Soul Calibur IV tournament to be on that Saturday, it gives people time to settle in and get casuals in the night before. Also, Sunday is going to be the big day for all major tourney finals, so SC people that want to get into other games won't get into any schedule conflicts.

EDIT: Check the 8WR link on CEO's homepage...
ceo8way.jpg

Yea, if it's Saturday I can easily make it. I have serious doubts that I'll make the finals, but if by some stroke of luck I do, I'll be able to convince the woman to stick around in Orlando easily enough so I can attend it. If not, eh I'll be heading back to Jax sunday lol

That's right! This event just got serious! Rob the Destroyer is confirmed for CEO FGC! Anybody that is looking to take him down as the best SC4 player in quite possibly the world must attend this event!

The rules I believe are on CEO's site.. Unfortunately, Bubs they are both banned from the tournament. I'm sure you have someone else tourney-ready? You can always play Algol or Hilde in some casuals.. =)

yeah I'll just use maxi,nightmare, and raph and rotate bullshit gimmicks
I think i'll be able to make this my Grandparents have been asking me for years to come down to orlando and visit

Quick update of info.. good tips for out-of-state competitors.

Written by Alex Jebailey

Tuesday, 08 March 2011 04:07

Been receiving a lot of questions lately about travel Information, I will have much more information added to the Location Section of this site but here are a couple travel tips.
We are 95 days away From CEO 2011 and around 3 months before travel time is the sweet spot to see new flights open up on airlines for travel and good prices.
The Orlando International Airport is only 20 minutes away from the CEO Venue and the Airport Code is MCO.
I work in the travel Industry and I personally suggest using Priceline to book flights but it also helps to check out FareCompare.com which brings out multiple windows to compare all Airline Travel at once.
I highly suggest bringing your Madcatz TE Sticks or other Arcade Fighting Sticks as a Carry-on(Might I suggest its own carrying case to fend off weird looks at Security). I've heard horror stories of sticks going missing on Checked Baggage.
I've traveled before with a BookBag and a Carrying case just for my TE Stick and that was no problem to take both on a flight.
Also Using the Wyndham Discount CEO 2011 Gaming Convention Code/ Page is the best price you will find for the hosting Hotel, Trust me I've looked for that weekend :).
Any Other Travel Questions don't hesitate to ask and I'll post them up on the FAQ Page.

Check out www.ceogaming.org for way more info and all things CEO 2011.

Mmm... I still hate Orlando for my last experience, tough good times with Suirad, Becky, Chi, Oof and his GF...
If Omega goes, I def will go, tough I don´t think that's gonna happen.

I will try to contact him, maybe the fact that Tekken is gonna be there helps, but do not hold your breath.

I know, I remember the cancellation of GAMME last time, but this is set in stone!!

Try !! I'd love to finally play you off-line. And having Omega there would be a great bonus, too.

Back