[Jun 10, 2011] CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships (Orlando, Florida)

I talked to Omega on MSN a few weeks ago and asked him if he would participate in our tournament. He said that he would be in Puerto Rico around that time and he wasn't sure if he would be back in time to make the tourney. He said he will post closer to the date to confirm, so we'll just have to wait for his answer.

I got word from the TO of CEO that there's going to be a HUGE announcement sometime next week. I have no idea what it could be.

Very nice update from Jebailey..

Written by Alex Jebailey
Monday, 28 March 2011 00:52

King of ChinaTown Documentary Screening to be shown at CEO 2011 Followed by a Q&A Session with the Directors and the Star of the Movie Justin Wong Himself..​
kocwebsite_13_v2.png
“King of Chinatown” documents the two year journey of professional video game player Justin Wong as he, along with his manager, TriForce, attempt to make a career of gaming in the competitive Street Fighter 4 scene. As Justin begins to move through the ranks, both good friends and past rivals step up in an attempt to take his spot. Will the pressure to make it to the top prove to be too much for Justin, TriForce and their company, Empire Arcadia? If you think you know the whole story, “King of Chinatown” will take you behind the scenes and reveal the truth of what happened between Justin and “The Empire”. If you are new to this world, their story will capture your attention and open your eyes to a growing culture as you are guided through it via the real life of one of the scenes top players.

King of Chinatown has been screened only a few times at events, most recently as part of PAX East 2011. Past screening include the premiere event in New York City at the Anthology Film Archives, at Big Bang 2010 as part of the International Video Game Hall of Fame inaugural event, and a special screening Montclair State University. The movie has been submitted to a number of independent film festivals as well.
CEO 2011 is proud to have the screening of this film at our event. This marks the first true Fighting Game Tournament to show this yet unavailable to the masses film and will be an awesome experience for the Hundreds of attendees at CEO that will definitely appreciate this film. King of ChinaTown is scheduled(Subject to change with notice) for Sunday at 11 am to kick off finals day. This movie screening is free and included with everyone's weekend Tournament or Spectator Badge.

Good stuff for SFighter & J Wong Fans alike.. CEO 2011 is looking to be a VERY big East Coast Event!!

Stay tuned @ www.ceogaming.org for more info on tournament announcements and goodies!!

Hi Everyone, This is Alex Jebailey. The Organizer of CEO 2011. I decided to sign up for an account on here because the news I will be announcing tomorrow is so big for you guys I wanted to be the man to say it so that you know I care about the SC Community. Stay Tuned :).

I've been up all night working on stuff so I won't be awake til way after 9 am tommorrow. So here's the Big Announcement for you guys...

http://ceogaming.org/blog/36-blog/117-namco

In Short. Namco Bandai is now an official Sponsor of CEO 2011 and will be sending some great Prize Support for the tournament. This is all thanks to FilthieRich and his company so be sure to say a big thank you if you ever speak to him throughout the community.

That's right, get hype Soul Cal Community. I want everyone at this!!! Prize support from Namco and FilthieRich, making this big news for all of us.

Good work Jebailey, and thanks FithieRich!

Hey, I may be able to make this one; need someone to house me and help me out with the airport (getting picked/dropped off)

Hey, I may be able to make this one; need someone to house me and help me out with the airport (getting picked/dropped off)
I def can pick you up.. I'll see what I can work out in housing. Our maybe talk to Miko, I believe he's getting a room at the hotel for a while.

If Miko wants to offer a space in the room for free, I'm all game; my ticket will be like 400$ or more, so I'm being a pennie pincher.

If Miko wants to offer a space in the room for free, I'm all game; my ticket will be like 400$ or more, so I'm being a pennie pincher.

I just checked out that CEO Hotel Room Special, and it looks like I might be able to help out for out-of-stater's. Since I stay right down the road, but can't board anyone, I can just pull so games in @ the room, and just let other's crash there. The deadline for the prices are April 31, so it gives me times to let you all know. But, it looks pretty reasonable, and I'm willing to help out the Calibur players.

BTW, it gives room for up to 4, so other's that just need help w/ housing let me know. I may be able to get you in a spot there. Just give me some time.. I'll update soon for everybody.

For others, go here for CEO Hotel Room Specials, you also get a free player badge when you book 2 nights, saves you $30.

Just to Clarify, the deadline for getting the free badge by booking the hotel is April 31st. The Hotel Rate deadline itself is May 27th, but still sooner people book the better so I know if I'm gonna hit my room block or not :).

I really hope the entire SC community can come out. I want to show Rich/Namco what Florida is capable of.

I'm actually considering trying to make this as well. Never been to FL for a tourney and this one sounds good. Crimson if this room thing pans out save a spot for me please!

I'm actually considering trying to make this as well. Never been to FL for a tourney and this one sounds good. Crimson if this room thing pans out save a spot for me please!

No prob Krayzie.. this is exactly what I'm trying for. I've never gotten the chance to play lots of the community.. I want dedicated Calibur players to come out and represent. So far it's just you, and Xeph.

PS Florida summer's are BEAUTIFUL !! Plus the location has TONS of stuff to do, it's in the biggest tourist spot in Orlando, International Drive.

How did you guys add an extra day to April? There is no April 31st.

I never been to Florida too and video game tournaments make great excuses to go travel somewhere. Plus I would like to come down and represent. I'll let y'all know soon.

God, if I can't make this, I'm going to shoot myself.

For now, everything is looking good.

Oh, and my buddy Walter is getting a room. If its needed, a few people can bunk with us.

How did you guys add an extra day to April? There is no April 31st.

I never been to Florida too and video game tournaments make great excuses to go travel somewhere. Plus I would like to come down and represent. I'll let y'all know soon.

Lemme knoooooow!!

Back