[Jun 21, 2013] S.E.A. Major 2013 SINGAPORE BABY! (Singapore)

ShenOu

[10] Knight
(Shoutout) Do support Tough Cookie TV! It is truly a labor of love put together by various gaming communities in Singapore! However, if you want some Calibur-biased updates, follow me @TheShensSG! Be warned, it is more of a personal account nowadays and there's a lot of toilet humor involved. :P (Shoutout)

CLICK ME I'M A SHINY NEW WEBSITE!

184470_476662649037491_853886794_n.png

After last year's awesome SEA MAJOR 2012, we'll be bringing this event back again this year!

As SEA Major 2013 is a Road to Evo 2013 event, the spotlight will be on the EVO lineup...
BUT, this is a SINGAPORE event... and if you're familiar with the Soul Calibur scene in Singapore.... well.. you'll know it's not easy to exclude this game over here!

Currently the Games list are as follows.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Persona 4 : Arena
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter x Tekken : 2013
King of Fighters XIII

And because this is SINGAPORE.. the following games are included to reflect Singapore's FGC.

SOUL CALIBUR V
King of Fighters 2002 Ultimate Match

We're also having a side event for a game that is really close to our hearts.

Street Fighter x Megaman Speedrun Challenge!
Developed by DM.MCZ.Sonic aka our good friend Zong Hui.
Which makes me realize he was actually in that boiler room of a MM pit back at Evo.. heh.

I will be announcing the details, timetable and the prizes as the event draws closer..

Soul Calibur V pools will start on Saturday at 3pm.

Click big bold letters for full schedule link.

FINAL UPDATE: We have Tokido and Itazan from Japan in this event as well as Cipher and Chulinguy (and a few others) from Taiwan. We also have several names coming up from Indonesia (wahontoys, Ucupmania and I think there are more).

Stream 1 : www.twitch.tv/toughcookietv
Stream 2 : www.twitch.tv/zhieeep

We will be on Stream 2 as we're not a main Road to Evo event (The SADNESS).

Thanks to all who've taken an interest, hope to see you guys on the stream this weekend!

Where is this going to be? Hope not in the place we met last time (though it was really cool) :)

I am still so torn about this game...not sure what to do. I will check flights. No DURIAN this time. Yes to FROG however.

I like grabbing your attention, I am keeping it for myself. You'll have to come to SEA Major to take it back from me. :)

I'm about to start a new internship. So I'd have to find out scheduling etc before I can commit to attending something international.

If you're looking for a vacation in June this is a great opportunity to do so. Food, Lodging and Transport is CHEAP in Singapore (compared to the west)

Curious ... roughly how much would one need to spend a week in Singapore?

you could get by on probably $20 per day. Including transport dinner and lunch. Assuming you get taken to all the non tourist trap places.

Link : SGD$25 is way more than enough if you live on a budget. (Public Transport, Low budget meals average around $4-8 dollars) Tag that up to maybe $50-80 if you wanna travel for good food and cab everywhere.

You have a huge fan in Singapore...... which reminds me.. I forgot to get you to sign something for him at Evo... so you'd be doing me a huge service if you came down :P

Well My internship placement and Uni term ends before early June. I might look into coming down for S.E.A.

edit: That reminds me, How did you guys like the super-chocolate we Australians have?

Official Website for SEA Major 2013 is up! It's really shiny!

http://toughcookietv.com/

Runis : you talking about the jelly bean ones? Man.. You need to remember Singapore is only a few hours away from Australia. :P Got truckloads of that stuff here. Although back then they only sold the single serving bars. Didn't have the big block you gave me <3

I see you spoke on travel and eating costs, but roughly how much would housing cost? Let's say from 3 days to a week?

erm housing is the easiest to find out yourself, you can just go to hotel/hostel sites and inquire.

edit; quick search -

Little Red Dot. Pod type hotel (the japanese style super cheap hotel)
$16 per night.

Back