[Jun 23, 2012] The Jaxel-Dome Returns #6: Piranha 3-DDickening (Edison, NJ)

Jaxel

Administrator
For those that don't know, The Jaxel-Dome has been the mecca of the Soul Calibur community here on the east coast going back to the last days of when Soul Calibur II was played competitively... It never feels like I am just at a tournament. For me, it's a family reunion with a tournament as an added bonus.
Event has passed...

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
  • 2:00 PM - Virtua Fighter 5
  • 5:00 PM - Soulcalibur V
TOURNAMENT FEES:
  • $10 Soulcalibur V Singles
  • $10 Virtua Fighter 5 Singles
  • $10 House Fee
SOULCALIBUR RULES:
VIRTUA FIGHTER RULES:
  • VFDC rules.
HOUSE RULES:
  • BYOC - BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER RULES
    • I will not be supplying Wireless PS3 Controllers
    • I will not be supplying PS3 USB Sync Cables
    • I will not be supplying PSX -> PS3 converters
  • Squatting during casual play is strictly prohibited
  • You must take a shower before the tournament
  • No smoking is permitted inside of the house
  • Be clean and courteous, and clean up after yourself
  • Please don't walk in front of TVs durings matches
  • Absolutely don't vandalize the supplied equipment
  • We reserve the right to search anyone suspicious

• Admin
I want to remind people that the VF community is not like the SC community. The SC community is fine with showing up 2-3 hours late to an event; but the last time I ran a VF event, I can tell you that those guys came on time.

So if you're a Soulcalibur player who wants to enter Virtua Fighter, and think you'll be fine with showing up 2 hours late, you will be sorely mistaken. If history remains constant, then I imagine the VF tournament will start relatively on time. So when 2pm comes around, if you're not here to sign up, chances are you are not going to get in.

Also, if you can, please bring a PS3 and/or copies of SC5/VF5 just in case we need them. As well, we only have CRTs around here, so if you want to play on an HD screen, you gotta bring it yourself.

If anyone else is coming, stop being a lazy fuck and post up.

Also, I'm broke as fuck right now so I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make it up. Don't want to miss another dickening.

Also those start times should be changed to 3PM and 6PM because we already know people going to be late. Plus there's always traffic on the turnpike on Saturday.

god damn i just started a new job and they have me working 2-9 :( if you guys are still playing casuals at 10 ill roll through.

I might make this one. I can't go to Evo unless I make at least 300 someway somehow. So I need the opportunity. Its been quite some time.

Bomberman side battles have been announced to be running throughout the night!

The game supports 6 players... so it will be $5 buy in per game; first to 5; winner take all. It's not a tournament, they are side battles... so as long as people want to keep putting in $5 and running things back, they will keep on going!

Back