[Jun 27, 2014] CEO (Orlando, FL)

Party Wolf

Administrator
And here we are with the 5th Community Effort Orlando Fighting Game Championships on June 27-29th at the Wyndham Orlando Resort. The Official List for CEO 2014 Consists of 11 games this year:

1. Ultra Street Fighter 4 on XBOX 360 which is slated for an early June release. If there are any delays then it would be AE2012

2. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 on XBOX 360

3. Killer Instinct on XBOX ONE

4. Injustice Ultimate on XBOX 360

5. King Of Fighters XIII on XBOX 360

6. BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma on Playstation 3 US Version

7. DiveKick on Playstation 3

8. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Playstation 3

9. Super Smash Bros. Melee on Gamecube/Wii Hosted by Gaming Knights

10. Project M on Wii hosted by Gaming Knights

11. Capcom Vs Snk 2 Legacy Tournament on Playstation 2 Featuring BAS from Japan

This is the official List of games to be hosted and prepared for this year. Rules will updated on the website soon with all relative information for each game. If a game is not on the list there will be a BYOC area for side events on Friday and casuals throughout the weekend. We'll also have a few extra "play areas" not yet announced for the event that I know casual and hardcore players a like are gonna love about CEO this year. Also keep in mind the past 3 years we have only used 1 big ballroom but for 2014 with the continued growth there will be an extra Ballroom used, a huge Foyer area for an Artist Alley and more.

The hardest challenge of hosting a high quantity of games is always being able to stream all of it in the best quality possible which is what CEO strives for every year with a great stage and production value. With that said Sunday will be home to only 6 Official Finals to be streamed on the main stage. The 6 will be determined by highest number of Pre-Regs and other various factors to be announced in the coming months. Other finals for remaining will be streamed throughout Saturday evening starting at 5 pm. Last year mistakes were made with trying to extend certain finals to more than just top 8's which is something we'd like to correct this year so that we don't tire out our guests and keep the hype and energy flowing throughout the weekend.

CEO 2014 Begins Friday Morning June 27th at NOON however Only Team Tournaments(starting at 2 pm, only USF4 and UMvC3 Teams are official so far), Side events and FighterMania II will be hosted on Friday unless otherwise noted. Official Tournament pools will begin Saturday morning at 10 am just like previous CEO's.

Online Registration will begin on March 1st and as with every year is highly reccommended to help run the event smoothly.

You can already start reserving your hotel rooms at the newly renovated and expanded Wyndham Orlando Resort on www.ceogaming.org/location. The nearby International Drive area has also added more restaurants and bars right next to the hotel!

Be Sure to stay tuned to SCR2014 hosted by LevelUp! the end of February to see the Official CEO 2014 trailer with more announcements for the event and a couple big surprises. www.socalregionals.com

Stream Producers and Partners for 2014 will be announced in the trailer so stay tuned and hope to see you all at CEO 2014 for another amazing year!

If you plan to attend please join the Official Facebook Event Page for up to date announcements as they happen. If you ever have any direct questions about the event you may email ceogaming@gmail.com.

Your Host,

Alex Jebailey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Calibur V on PS3 has been added to the CEO 2014 lineup due to their community really making their voices heard and lining up a solid turnout. www.ceogaming.org/register now has SCV as a choice.

SCV will be hosted on Saturday around 10-11 am with finals later in the afternoon depending on turnout.

NOW FOR A POST NOT COPY PASTED FROM JEBAILEY

Thanks to Alex Jebailey, CEO has officially added SCV as a tournament game with options for pot bonuses and a special prize provided that we hit a 64 pre-reg milestone by April 15th: www.ceogaming.org/register.

Also, the top 8 placers will get staged and streamed courtesy of CEO and Funky P. Tournament starts and end Saturday. Pools will start around 10am.

Avylon - Game Design - Gamer Haven has graciously agreed to run the tournament.

And there will also be a drive for soul calibur T-shirts here: www.teespring.com

The hotel venue will be The Wyndham Orlando Resort8001 International Drive Orlando, Florida 32819 Go tohttp://www.wyndham.com/groupevents2013/MCOWD_CEO2014GAMING/main.wntto reserve your room at the CEO rate (105.00 a night.) This location is about 20 minutes from the airport but on the flipside is in the center of the always active Orlando. We are trusting that the Florida scene promotes it internally to get as many locals as possible @RTD has volunteered to help get the more international players out here.

Let's keep our momentum from NEC and FR and put it towards this!

CEO has become my favorite year-round tournament since Seasons Beatings has come to an end. Everyone in the FGC should go at least twice in their lifetime.

I really hope I can make this. It would be awesome to be able meet everyone in the SC community. Since this would be my first tournament I feel it a good test to see how progressed as a player. Anyway, If everything goes well Yoshimitsu just might be in CEO this year !

When will the site be updated with more SCV info? I don't see it on the game page, but I do see it on the registration and schedule page.

Also, PS3 controllers are allowed, correct?

"Last Weekend for Early Bird Registration onwww.ceogaming.org/register. It goes up from $35 to $45 on Monday, However since things are off to an amazing start I will be adjusting the price so from April 8th after Early Bird, It will only be $40 for a Tournament badge until June 1st and then it will go up to $45 for last minute registrations until the online registration deadline happens on June 21st.

Remember if you can plan early it really helps us plan the event to make the most of everyone's time.

Starting next week I will have a ton of new announcements such as a Casual Gaming room, More sponsors, TONs of raffle prizes, general giveaways, Artist Alley, More vendors than ever, better production values, 12 Custom Top of the Line Championship Belts to all 12 Tournament winners, Gift Bags to all those that pre-register, Arcade Cabinets and oh so much more.

I'm pulling out all the stops for CEO's 5th year so I look forward to hosting everyone and putting on a fun weekend together."

-Jebailey

CEO 2014 Early Bird Pre-Registration Breakdown so far. Keep in mind, Over 80% of people last year waited until May/June to Register for CEO 2013 so this is just an early indication. We're already on pace to crush numbers from last year so the sooner you can register onwww.ceogaming.org/register the better for the event and yourselves.

Countries Repped So Far- 8
US States-17
Florida Cities-39

Games in Order of Most Registrations So far(Numbers not included because it's still early and some are in single digits, reminder that Full Schedule will be posted Early May, Any tournaments with 32 or Less Pre-regs are subject to starting Friday at 2 pm Sharp.)

1.USF4
2.Melee
3.UMvC3
4.Project M
5.Injustice
6.DiveKick
7.TTT2
8.SCV
9.Killer Instinct
10.BBCP
11.CvS2
12.KOFXIII

Early Bird will end Monday April 7th at 10PM Eastern and go from $35 to $40.

Reactions: CFW
Hey everyone, we are only at 12 pre registers so far. It would be really helpful if everyone would sign up as soon as possible so that we have a chance of being on the main stream and exposing our game.

To everyone going to CEO,

177348.jpg

Back