Just Kidding! - Xianghua General Strats

FC3B steps Nightmares 4B attack throw.

My friend and I were on our last round. We both needed to literally just breath on one another to win. He used his attack throw, I used FC3B which wallsplatted him ftw.

FC3B steps other moves too, would need a lot of testing to figure out which. It's probably difficult to perform this everytime, but useful nonetheless.

I find that A+K, B works in most low level-Novice players who don't know how to play, and it auto GI's on lots of Nightmare and Sigs step moves.

I like to also use 2A+B mixups. from A+B,2B. Keeps opponents afraid of lows so you can pull off 1bb,6A+B,33KA, or other mixups of that combo. Either way.

I love 3A,K as well. Another Low-High combination.

I was trying figure out some something to do after 2A+G and stumbled on doing a BT B+K on the ground, could it be a tech trap maybe just a trap iunno lol because there seems to be an early version and a late version you can do when performing bt B+K..well i just seem to get the late one anyways maybe someone pro-er than me can test it.

and if you don't know how to do BT B+K from the ground there's this thread at caliburforum ( http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35172 )

I was trying figure out some something to do after 2A+G and stumbled on doing a BT B+K on the ground, could it be a tech trap maybe just a trap iunno lol because there seems to be an early version and a late version you can do when performing bt B+K..well i just seem to get the late one anyways maybe someone pro-er than me can test it.

and if you don't know how to do BT B+K from the ground there's this thread at caliburforum ( http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35172 )

i'm having the same problem here. i can get the late version but only every once in awhile do i get the early version. anyone have any suggestions??

I love this Xianghua thread guys!~ :D
How's this one?
25B, 33(B), SXS3 B
After the launch, quickly use 33(B) and then use SXS3 B. Since the enemy got knocked down from the 33(B), the only way this is escapable is if the enemy uses a Just Ukemi (which is a very rare chance). Anyways, the SXS3 B will still hit even if the opponent tries to roll to the side. If he/she blocks the SXS3 B, follow up with FC 3B and 66B+K (or 33KA).

This is a very common, popular set-up, but GIing on wake-up is tricky so it still tends to work pretty often from what I've seen. Just remember that SXS(Buffed) B(blocked) > FC 3B whiffs on some characters.

Does anyone use the :aK::B: and :aK::K: mixups? I find that this move is quite useful as many players aren't used to or don't react quick enough to it, and also its got decent range to keep X right up in the opponent's face.

i do all the time. i use it to gain ground for long range characters, and since it tracks fairly well, you can use it on short range speedy characters if you can catch them off guard enough to get going. otherwise, interuption is yer fate! MUAHAHAHA (curse you talim....)

anyway, my basic Xianghua strat is basically launches. get them up in the air and you can take a fair amount of health, expecially since you need to know how to control out of her air combos (if you use one that can even be escaped). fave one is the charged stance (name eludes me atm), B to WR 3B (or:3::B:), then you can do 44 AA (:4::4::A::A:), and then do 33 K A ( :3::3::K::A:). once you get the guard break off, your golden. if you want a semi-safer alternative, skip the 44 AA and just go right into the 33 K A.

This is a very common, popular set-up, but GIing on wake-up is tricky so it still tends to work pretty often from what I've seen. Just remember that SXS(Buffed) B(blocked) > FC 3B whiffs on some characters.
Yeah, sadly the WR 3B whiffs on some characters, so instead (on those larger/taller characters) I use 66 B+K, especially when they are close to the ring edge or a wall.~ :)

Back